• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 51
  • Total: 51
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

DCW Down at the moment

Started by donoreo, July 19, 2013, 08:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donoreo

The forum anyway at 15:00 EDT (20:00 BST). 

Forum notice

Thanks for visiting the forum, unfortunately it is not available at the moment.

We apologise for this and any frustration it causes.

Mick

Oops, perhaps they should have left it to the IT department after all.  Me and my big mouth eh.  :legit:

Seriously though, not a good time for the site to be down, after everyone's gone home for the weekend.  ???
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Mick

Looks like all their sites are down actually.  :doh:

My Gallery

OpenSea

Jediboy

It's probably the most interest they have shown in the site for a long time.
Shame.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

They've all gone on holiday.  >:(

Jediboy

It says on their Facebook page that the site is down for maintainence after an attack. They dont know how long this will be for.

Chris

Geoff

Cant really say I am upset to much by this as they have kept me off it for over a week maybe just maybe it might be a better site when it wakes up   :legit:

Geoff

donoreo

The forums are still down.  I am sure this is outsourced so they will have to wait.  That or they are waiting for the Linux Format guys to get in to fix it.  Their forum is up and they manage it themselves :)

wavemachine

I get the feeling it may be down for a while, or it maybe the cleaner unplugged the server to hoover and forgot to plug it back in again;)
My Flickr
366 Project

Dave

Turn to the dark side, we have tea and biscuits

Oldboy

Two days later it's still down. Shows how they care about the users.  >:(

DigiDiva

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Jediboy

Just read that the DCW form has been shut down permanently. Apparently to expensive for them.
Luckily this site is here.

Chris

Reinardina

Just found this:

Important security update about Future forums

PC Gamer

Last week on the 19th July 2013 we discovered that PC Gamer's vBulletin-powered forum had been the target of a malicious attack. Immediate action was taken to shut the forum which blocked the attack and we have since been thoroughly investigating the damage done and how this attack took place.

We have no evidence that any of the PC Gamer's users' details were stolen. However we feel it is safest to keep the forum closed until we are satisfied that the security vulnerability in the software is fixed. Information on the progress of this will be communicated via the PCGamer site.

Other Future Forums

If you are seeing this message it is because this vBulletin forum has been closed as a precautionary measure. We have no evidence this forum has been compromised, however we are investigating each forum in our network individually to be sure this is the case.

The website teams will be in touch with more information on the progress of this as soon as it becomes available.

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience caused, we take our user's security very seriously and we appreciate your patience.

It'll probably be some time before everything is up and running again.
DCW competition regulars can join us here on CC, while they wait for the other site to get back on line.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

Quote from: Jediboy on July 26, 2013, 05:00:26 PM
Just read that the DCW form has been shut down permanently. Apparently to expensive for them.

You posted this at the same time as I copied the post from DCW.
Where did you get that information? Or did I just miss it by a nano second?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Mick

Quote from: Reinardina on July 26, 2013, 05:05:33 PM
Quote from: Jediboy on July 26, 2013, 05:00:26 PM

You posted this at the same time as I copied the post from DCW.
Where did you get that information? Or did I just miss it by a nano second?

Check this page out.  ;)  http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2013/07/26/digital-camera-world-forum-to-close-permanently/

My Gallery

OpenSea

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.