• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 222
  • Total: 222
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Nothing to do with photography.

Started by Reinardina, December 19, 2012, 08:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Does anyone know where I can find my contacts details in Gmail?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

SimonW

In my own gmail, at the left hand side below links for inbox, spam, trash etc is one for circles, with a small right-pointing arrow beside it. If I click this it points down and the section is expanded to give friends, family, acquaintances etc. Clicking one of these give a page with a row of avatars and the word "more" at the end. Clicking "more" gets you their names, and clicking a name gets their email address....

There really must be an easier way.....
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Reinardina

Thanks Simon. Just checked and I don't have the 'circles.'
There used to be a link for 'contacts' but that disappeared. Very annoying, as the address of every email I send is stored apparently, and I can't remove any.
Particularly difficult when someone has changed email address; all the old addresses are still there and after a while, I cannot remember which one is the right one. (S'pose that's age for you.)

Reinardina

Hmmm ... feel a bit silly now ...

Just discovered something I must have overlooked for ages: Top left corner, above the 'Compose' button, is the word 'Gmail' in red, with a down arrow. And lo and behold, that's where they're hidden!

So this problem is solved, but still on the subject of mail, I'm not impressed with the new lay out (the Header) of Flickr. To sign out, or go to your fmail, you have to dig out these features from under your avatar.
I find this annoying, as I cannot see any mail coming in.

Delamanda

Thanks for the tip Reinardina!  I was just in Flickr trying to work out where the fmail function had gone.  Yes, the new system is very annoying >:(

Reinardina

Quote from: Delamanda on December 19, 2012, 09:49:40 AM
Thanks for the tip Reinardina!  I was just in Flickr trying to work out where the fmail function had gone.  Yes, the new system is very annoying >:(

Only discovered it by accident; doesn't make the system easy to use, so I suppose they must get loads of protests and will (have to) restore visible icons?

SimonW

Reinardina, don't feel silly. Maybe the link above the compose button wasn't there when you looked previously. I don't appear to have one on my screen now, but I'm sure there used to be an easy way of viewing contacts so I expect a dilligent search will find it somewhere about.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Reinardina

Quote from: SimonW on December 20, 2012, 08:46:10 AM
Reinardina, don't feel silly. Maybe the link above the compose button wasn't there when you looked previously. I don't appear to have one on my screen now, but I'm sure there used to be an easy way of viewing contacts so I expect a dilligent search will find it somewhere about.

Thanks for that Simon!
I use a series Gmail addresses, and they all have the red 'Gmail' link above the Compose button.

My oldest Gmail address however (dating from the beta time, when you had to be invited), has a slightly different set of links on the left.
It does not have the 'Starred' link, and the 'Spam' link is the fifth, immediately under 'drafts.' Much easier than the other ones, where I have to scroll and go to 'more' to see if I have any spam.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.