• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 149
  • Total: 149
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Olympics

Started by mondmagu, August 13, 2012, 12:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mondmagu

What a closing ceremony!!!!! It was absolutely fantastic,from the organisation to the music,unbelievable!!!!! Congratulations to all in the U.K. :tup: :tup:
Des
www.flickr.com/photos/mondmagu

Mick

I enjoyed it too.  ;)

Great to see the remaining Queen members back on stage.  And even the Who were good considering. ;)

Even better was they didn't wheel Paul McCartney on this time.  :legit:

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Hinfrance

Very enjoyable.

I guess that no-one here went to one of the events? See HERE

Frankly I think this is outrageous, given the number of inconsiderate fanbois I have spotted in the crowds holding up their iPads (with flappy cover extending the same amount below them, doubling the size of the obstruction to everyone else's view). Still I suppose it must be because the tickets were so cheap you couldn't really expect to be able to take any decent photographs too.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Haven't been up that late for ages! So it must have been good.

Just been reading the list of artists that appeared and I'm afraid I have no idea who half of them are, especially those that looked like a good wash and brush up would do them no harm :-\

The organisation was mind boggling. The assembling of Lennon's face and building that white structure from blocks without a hitch was impressive. I wonder if Ikea had a hand in that.

I'm hoping I have a couple of tickets for the Paralympics but won't hold my breath until I have them in my hands.

ABERS

Away from the action.

Stairway to the Field of Dreams by abers, on Flickr

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on September 10, 2012, 08:48:44 AM
Away from the action.

Step This Way For The Theatre of Dreams! by abers, on Flickr

Impressive.

Not only the photograph, but the results of Team GB in both Olympics, and to top it all, the total turn around of a certain Mr ABERS.
From cynical critic, to enthusiastic supporter!

I salute you Alan!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

The people at the top of the stairs are the centre of interest for me. Excellent work, comme d'habitude.

I am getting fisheye envy, but I have to control myself as there is nothing around here that would make buying one worthwhile - although I may succumb in the end . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

ABERS

Quote from: Reinardina on September 10, 2012, 09:44:18 AM

Not only the photograph, but the results of Team GB in both Olympics, and to top it all, the total turn around of a certain Mr ABERS.

Who could fail to be impressed and enthusiastic after these three weeks.

It was a lot different in'48 when I biked to Henley to see the rowing.

Thanks R, H and B for your kind remarks. :tup:

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on September 10, 2012, 04:19:59 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on September 10, 2012, 09:44:18 AM

Who could fail to be impressed and enthusiastic after these three weeks.

It was a lot different in'48 when I biked to Henley to see the rowing.

Thanks R, H and B for your kind remarks. :tup:

You're right of course, the whole country was gripped by a happy, positive, patriotic feeling that lifted the spirits.
I noticed it, when I went to see the torch, but never expected it to last.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

A scene that took my eye before the action began.

Away From the Action. by abers, on Flickr

Beaux Reflets

Very eye catching composition Alan  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.