• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 51
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 36
  • Total: 36
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Been on a bit of a gear collection lately

Started by donoreo, October 19, 2014, 03:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donoreo

I do not want to do the math on it all. 

First I saw a used Canon 70-200 f/4 L USM that was a great deal.  I think I mentioned it on here. 

Then a camera shop near my work is going out of business and is having a sell off of inventory.  I have picked up a few things.  One being a Tamrom SP 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro VC for several hundred less than normal retail.  It is a great lens!  I have picked up a few odds and ends from them too, one being a few Manfrotto lens cases.  Amazon has them for $40, I paid $6.  Handy if I do not want to carry a bag.

Which comes to the next item.  I was sent a 24 hour sale on Kata bags.  I was having a problem fitting the 70-200 in my current 3in-1 20 so I got a 3in-1 33.  They were clearing them out since Kata bags are now Manfrotto bags.  It was only $60, regularly at least $150. 

Then it got worse. 

A weekend sale last weekend from a place I actually purchased the first Kata bag.  They had a sale on some "white box lenses" .   These are lenses that normally go into kits with cameras.  These were lenses that normally go with Canon 5D MkIII and 6Ds.  They had the Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM on for $570.  The normal price on those here is around $1100 to $1200.  It is a great lens! 

So, please do not add this up and tell me :)

2Beers

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

donoreo

Quote from: 2Beers on October 19, 2014, 04:27:27 PM
Lol Don your a sucker for a bargain ;D
But look at all the money I saved! :)  On the upside, aside from a couple of cheap things, everything I purchased was something I had planned to get at sometime.  Admittedly on the macro lens I would probably gone for the Sigma 105mm, but the Tamron is good and very sharp.  The 24-105 L covers a good range and will get lots of use. 

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.