• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 117
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 97
  • Total: 97
photobox
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

All these codes don't mean a thing to me, but the system is working again!
Thanks Mick.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Mick

Quote from: Reinardina on July 23, 2014, 08:15:44 PM
All these codes don't mean a thing to me, but the system is working again!
Thanks Mick.

Excellent, thanks for letting me know.  :tup:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

spinner

WAMT? HP/Compaq. Bought a refurbished 'business' machine from TigerDirect about a year ago. During the winter there was a power out and I started getting error messages on the boot. I've googled the issue and tried all of the various flixits that have been offered. None have worked. Among other things I found a thread on HP's business forum that describes my issue. It was posted 5 yrs. ago and never resolved. So last week I posted on the consumer forum that I was trying to resolve the issue that no one on the business forum could resolve. I even posted a link. Some 'helpful' prat who identifies himself as an "HP Support Agent" closed my thread as solved within a day. His solution was to tell me to go back to the business forum and post there.

I should add, TigerDirect is still selling these machines by the truckload, for personal use, both here (Canada) and in the U.S. So as far as I'm concerned it's not a business machine.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

kerbside

Went out for the day with the camera, first pic NO CF Card :uglystupid2:hence no pictures.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Reinardina

Quote from: kerbside on July 31, 2014, 07:05:46 PM
Went out for the day with the camera, first pic NO CF Card :uglystupid2:hence no pictures.

Were you too far from home to get your card?

kerbside

Reinardina, yes i was on a loop from my house into bristol, few bits in the city, onto a walk then to Costco for supplies so time consuming to return across Bristol. Would put about another hour on the trip.
Plenty of time and to be honest did not see too much to take a picture of so all good.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Geoff

What has annoyed me yet again (DCW OFTEN DO THIS) is the free gift 3 it is an E-book
by Varina & Jay Patel, the web site DCW give to get your download is  www.visualwilderness.com/special-offer.   
how ever this link just to a notice please try reloading or site non resonsive
DCW seem to be in the habit of letting people down.
Lastly before I step down of my box   
I have thought about switching to the digital version of the mag, however DCW want the
same price for that as they do for the printed version , how does that work,
Practical Photography do there digital copy for just £1.99 thats ok.

STEPPING DOWN Geoff :legit:

Paul Montgomery

Not quite sure what I've done, but my back is killing me. Everything was fine this morning, then when I tried to stand up to get lunch absolute agony from the region of my Kidneys... Standing from a sitting position is now a convoluted affair and walking is very slow and delicate  :(

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Paul Montgomery on August 03, 2014, 06:34:16 PM
Not quite sure what I've done, but my back is killing me. Everything was fine this morning, then when I tried to stand up to get lunch absolute agony from the region of my Kidneys... Standing from a sitting position is now a convoluted affair and walking is very slow and delicate  :(

I have had what you describe and it was a slipped or squashed disc - A Physiotherapist (Sport injury trained) sorted mine by carefully stretching me to decompress the spine - A kinder option than the surgery suggested by the GP which was his plan B if the physio did not work. Hope you get it sorted Paul
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

spinner

Quote from: Paul Montgomery on August 03, 2014, 06:34:16 PM

Sorry I'm not close by. I could show you a few back stretching exercises I was taught at a preeminent back injury clinic many years ago. They work and reasonably quickly. One is to lie flat on your back on the floor, hook a towel around your ankle and then VERY GENTLEY lift your leg off the floor until you can easily grasp the towel and pull the upright leg toward you. Once you got the leg as close as you can stretch it just that little bit more, there will be some pain as the muscles stretch. Hold it for a 5 count and release. Do it about 5 times, any more is a wasted effort. Do it for each leg. After that, while still on the floor tuck your knees up to your chest and again, GENTLY twist your hips to each side. Do that about 5 times. It should relieve the back pain enough that you can walk better.

I suffered constant back pain for about 10 yrs. from a car crash. I couldn't afford the clinic at the time. Then I hurt it again at work and my Dr. was able to get me in on a Workers Compensation claim. 8 wks of therapy at the clinic got me pain free. And the exercises like the two I described now can reduce an incident to 3 or 4 days of pain and fairly good mobility.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

jinky

Quote from: Geoff MW6GCN on August 03, 2014, 11:30:25 AM
What has annoyed me yet again (DCW OFTEN DO THIS) is the free gift 3 it is an E-book
by Varina & Jay Patel, the web site DCW give to get your download is  www.visualwilderness.com/special-offer.   
I have thought about switching to the digital version of the mag, however DCW want the

That link works fine for me Geoff.

donoreo

Quote from: Geoff MW6GCN on August 03, 2014, 11:30:25 AM

Link works for me too. 

Reinardina

WAMT? Someone dumping asbestos in 'my' country park!

jinky

Wedding hotels!!! We`re going to a friend`s wedding in September. Close enough for us to drive back and I offered not to drink and do so but my wife is eager to stay so told the bride we`d have a room. They emailed today saying book and pay at "the concessionary wedding rate". having checked out with the hotel website and Laterooms I discovered their "concessionary wedding rate is between £13 - £25 dearer than the rate I can get myself. I rang them and told them so saying that I thought as it was a Sunday night it would be cheaper again. They said I can cancel the room through the bride and book at the cheaper rate but it will affect the brides wedding package price. So the bride having selected a Sunday wedding because it is cheaper  has a package whereby her other guests are subsidising the savings through their room rates. My wife says it would be too embarrassing to cancel / book ourselves a room. I say what the hell. I guess I`ll lose though

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on August 06, 2014, 04:56:20 PM
Wedding hotels!!! We`re going to a friend`s wedding in September. Close enough for us to drive back and I offered not to drink and do so but my wife is eager to stay so told the bride we`d have a room. They emailed today saying book and pay at "the concessionary wedding rate". having checked out with the hotel website and Laterooms I discovered their "concessionary wedding rate is between £13 - £25 dearer than the rate I can get myself. I rang them and told them so saying that I thought as it was a Sunday night it would be cheaper again. They said I can cancel the room through the bride and book at the cheaper rate but it will affect the brides wedding package price. So the bride having selected a Sunday wedding because it is cheaper  has a package whereby her other guests are subsidising the savings through their room rates. My wife says it would be too embarrassing to cancel / book ourselves a room. I say what the hell. I guess I`ll lose though

Of course you'll lose! I wonder if the bride knew, her guests were ripped off?

Not as bad as a wedding hotel somewhere in the States though, where they fine the bride $500 if any of her guests gives negative feedback on the internet. (They refund it, if the critique is removed.)
When previous guests read about this, there was apparently a flurry of negative comments from previous guests.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.