• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 92
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 111
  • Total: 111
bhphotovideo
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

My wife's laptop has decided that it will only talk to the internet and not the homegroup any more. I've tried everything with it bar assassination and it's still not playing. Which is odd because everything else on the home network runs just fine, from the old vista desktop* to the samsung tablet. Maybe it's trying to tell me something . . .

*and that's got a French language OS on it too.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

Tried turning of the firewall / internet security etc?
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Hinfrance

Quote from: Mick on June 18, 2014, 07:03:58 PM
Tried turning of the firewall / internet security etc?

Oh yes Mick. All the required services are running, clocks synchronised, all on home network; I even connected them with an ethernet cable and all security on both turned off - still nada. It's clearly something to do with the lappy, but I haven't got a clue what it might be.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

donoreo

We put in an offer on a house last night.  Then another (someone else put in the same amount).  They outbid us.  We have only been searching for 5 years.  It is difficult to buy a house in Toronto.

DigiDiva

Wow Donoreo, sounds a nightmare
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Jediboy

That does sound like a mare Don. Can't be much fun.
Good luck with it.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

donoreo

It is not as bad losing out by $8000 as it was $1000 on another house.   Most of the time there is a bidding war because so many people are trying to buy.   We have had houses go for $200,000 over the asking price!

Jediboy

Crikey. That's crazy. Good time to sell but clearly not a good time to buy.  :-\

Chris

Reinardina

Hotel I'm staying in right now. Bathroom with glass wall to bedroom. Bath lovely to look at, but you can't put the soap down anywhere: it slides into the water. Found how to work the taps, but not how to switch off the hand shower.
I'm too old for modern bathrooms!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Andrew

Quote from: Reinardina on June 20, 2014, 05:02:38 PM
Hotel I'm staying in right now. Bathroom with glass wall to bedroom. Bath lovely to look at, but you can't put the soap down anywhere: it slides into the water. Found how to work the taps, but not how to switch off the hand shower.
I'm too old for modern bathrooms!

You mean it isn't one of those where you stand in front of some sensors and everything gets done for you?

I find it amazing a car knows when to put on the wipers, squirt some water and switch on the lights. Some even know when to put on the brakes and how to reverse into a parking space.

Yet we still have to operate taps, soap dispenses and towels!  :-X
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

donoreo

Quote from: Jediboy on June 20, 2014, 04:10:01 PM
Crikey. That's crazy. Good time to sell but clearly not a good time to buy.  :-\
We are going to look at two more tonight.  One is very close to the same as the one we made an offer on. 

We know we will have no problem selling our current one.  They are never on the market more than two weeks in our area. 

Jediboy

Best of luck Don. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Chris

Hinfrance

Got bitten on the bottom of my left foot by some evil creepy crawly last evening and now my foot has swollen up, hurts like the devil and I can barely walk. And I can't drive. Grrrrr.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

jinky

Oh no H - hope it gets better soon.

Me - I`ve got the dentist again!  :( Since our old dentist moved on  after a practice sale these new guys have cost me a fortune. They have the most up to date equipment that highlights problems before you know about them. I`ve spent more in the last year on my teeth than in the previous 8/9 put together! The only upside is being a trendy new practice they seem to go in for a Robert Palmer band type recruitment in terms of dental assistants / receptionists etc. From the male dentists to the female and all other staff it`s like being in a Hollyoaks version of a dentist where everyone is far too pretty / handsome / young to do what they are doing you feel. The dentist insists on taking shots everytime I go with his camera and fantastic close up macro - not a pretty sight with my mouth of fillings. The other good thing I can highlight when he offers me advice is that I can tell him he needs to update his Canon 650d  ;)

donoreo

Amazingly we found another house that we liked.  This time we were outbid by....$600,000.  Seriously.  We even bid over asking on our first offer.   There were 5 of us going for it. 

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.