• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 30
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 20
  • Total: 20
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen

I did weddings years ago with my brother using film...now that was stressful lol

Jediboy

Annoyed immensely by the fact that I'm now sat at home with my feet up and ice on my knee.  >:(
May the Force be with you.

Chris

donoreo

Quote from: Jediboy on May 06, 2014, 01:25:02 PM
Annoyed immensely by the fact that I'm now sat at home with my feet up and ice on my knee.  >:(
What happened? 

Andrew

Quote from: Karen on May 06, 2014, 01:18:05 PM
I did weddings years ago with my brother using film...now that was stressful lol

I got into wedding photography in the late 80's by accident. A photographers pics failed to live up to spec (nearly all out of focus and poorly exposed or with camera shake) and mine seemed to be ok. I feel that were I to have persued it I could have made the transition - but I was also driving trains, a life long ambition.

As discussed on Facebook over the weekend, the pay was appaling (really - you got more for stacking shelves in Sainbury's), the hours attrocious and unreliable, the trains were pretty much life expired and full of all sorts of problems - but I thoroughly enjoyed it and would have happily done that until I died.

So when the decision came as to which line to persue, the photography was never really in it.

Now we live in this letigious contract based society, the last thing I need is to be drawing up contracts with all the i's dotted and t's crossed defining what I'm offering, what I expect from the B&G and how many Green Shield Stamps I will give on successful completion of the job. I do not need to be hassled about any groupon offers or similar.

I just take pictures to please me - and enjoy viewing other peoples pictures. I would not refuse an offer to supply one of my pics in return for cash or similar financial reward, but I do not actively seek it.
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Jediboy

Quote from: donoreo on May 06, 2014, 02:07:59 PM
Quote from: Jediboy on May 06, 2014, 01:25:02 PM
What happened?

Was running at work at my knee 'went.' I've been having problems for a few weeks but had ignored it, hoping it would go away. The Dr tells my I've damaged a tendon so three weeks of inactivity, but he hasn't signed me off work and I have a very active job. Not sure how that's going to work?  :doh: :(

Chris

Andrew

sorry to hear about your injury - but if doc has signed you off work, don't see the problem.

Means you can just take it easy for 3 weeks and recover properly?  ???
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

JaneM

Sorry to hear about your Knee, go back and ask for a certificate for work to cover you for the three weeks, best you do rest it if you have an active job  :-\ It needs Protect, Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation  :tup:

Hinfrance

Filter Forge. I was given a copy of the basic version (RRP £121.08 on the box), but available on their website for $37, go figure).

I mucked about a bit with the trial version, and then entered my licence key. I was impressed with the trial version (which didn't mention that actually the trial was for the megabucks version). To cut a long story short, it's complete cr*p. I'm glad I didn't pay for it, it would have been a total waste of money. It won't process pictures bigger than 3000x3000 (and sometimes not even that, I've had one lock up already). Just about every attempted action is greeted with a pop-up saying 'not available in this version - upgrade to professional - click for ugrade options'.

So well done Filter Forge for having an entry level product that just annoys users, and ensures that they (me at least) wouldn't dream of actually laying out hard cash to a company that treats it potential customers with such contempt.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Karen

Waiting on my free lens from Fuji...HURRY UP >:(

Jediboy

Quote from: JaneM on May 06, 2014, 10:54:57 PM
Sorry to hear about your Knee, go back and ask for a certificate for work to cover you for the three weeks, best you do rest it if you have an active job  :-\ It needs Protect, Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation  :tup:

Thanks Jane. I have spent today with my feet up watching loads of recorded TV I have on my sky box. I've taken a few days off but keen it get back next week.  :)

Chris

spinner

Quote from: Jediboy on May 07, 2014, 07:40:12 PM
Quote from: JaneM on May 06, 2014, 10:54:57 PM

Thanks Jane. I have spent today with my feet up watching loads of recorded TV I have on my sky box. I've taken a few days off but keen it get back next week.  :)

Yup, don't play around with it, or when your a white hair, it will come back to haunt you. If I think hard enough, I can trace a lot of my aches and pains back to specific injuries in my youth. Back when 'no pain, no gain' was prevalent.  :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

donoreo

I have a cough :(  My chest has got crud in it.  I was making a funny wheezing noise early this morning. 

kerbside

Trying to get the gas supply to my new hob sorted out, kitchen is going ok, sink & water tomorrow so let's see what that brings.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Graham

Quote from: kerbside on May 13, 2014, 08:48:45 PM
Trying to get the gas supply to my new hob sorted out, kitchen is going ok, sink & water tomorrow so let's see what that brings.
Seems we're in the same boat.
  Disconnected the gas to the hob yesterday (No major explosions.) Water and sink today, hopefully units in and leveled ready for the worktop.
      Oh happy days.   :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Reinardina

Quote from: Graham on May 14, 2014, 07:04:32 AM
Quote from: kerbside on May 13, 2014, 08:48:45 PM
Seems we're in the same boat.
  Disconnected the gas to the hob yesterday (No major explosions.) Water and sink today, hopefully units in and leveled ready for the worktop.
      Oh happy days.   :tup:

At least you two know it is done properly (I hope), and you save a lot of money.
When I get round to having my kitchen replaced, I will have to 'get a man in.' A well paid one.

Good luck to you both.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.