• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 92
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 109
  • Total: 109
  • Google
parkcameras
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen

The weather. Had planned to go out with camera but one of those grim dark days with no light or contrasts

Oldboy

Quote from: Karen on September 27, 2013, 01:44:47 PM
The weather. Had planned to go out with camera but one of those grim dark days with no light or contrasts

I usually find 1:45am to be dark will little contrast!  :doh:

Matthew

Hitting my funny bone not once, not twice but thrice! In exactly the same place, now I have a very tender and slightly swollen elbow... :'(
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

donoreo

My wife is busy with volunteer work for much of the weekend.  The girls and I were going to go north to the lake.  It is apparently the peak colours for foliage.  The girls decided they did not want to go after I picked them up from school today. 

donoreo

Being awake right now with a sinus headache that will not go away.  Pain kept waking me up :( 

Matthew

Being hungover.....Went it to town for dinner last night with the Missus, a belated birthday one. Thing was her friend was also in town celebrating her birthday too. We thought it would be rude not to join in.....all I remember from last night is air guitaring to AC/DC, putting an empty shot glass over each eye and holding them there by scrunching up my face and getting into the taxi with a pizza slice and chips......My wife has got photographic evidence of my escapades, but I am not sure I want to view them... :legit: :D
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Reinardina

Quote from: Matthew on September 29, 2013, 03:56:02 PM
Being hungover.....Went it to town for dinner last night with the Missus, a belated birthday one. Thing was her friend was also in town celebrating her birthday too. We thought it would be rude not to join in.....all I remember from last night is air guitaring to AC/DC, putting an empty shot glass over each eye and holding them there by scrunching up my face and getting into the taxi with a pizza slice and chips......My wife has got photographic evidence of my escapades, but I am not sure I want to view them... :legit: :D

I hope she posts one in this week's competition!
Serves you right! You should know by now, that rehydration sachets work wonders against hangovers.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Jediboy

Been manic busy at work, and at home. Not had the camera out for a total of 9 days!! :(
Not off until Friday so not looking good for this week. Need to change this trend!
May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

MyMemory Photobooks or rather Hugger books as they are now. Had a book standing ordered cheap through groupon due to expire after nearly a year. decided to use it for my South Africa pics and spent a whole day editing then started the book. Changed software led to problem after problem and an ongoing chat with their online helper, Johnny. very helpful but not as helpfulf as me to them as I uncovered 3 software glitches for them that stopped you uploading more than 50 images at a time to account, told you you were getting a soft cover book when you wanted hardcover and didn`t recognise a paid code. Got 3 separate links for the hard book cover creation - all said hard cover and yet stated soft on opening package. Turns out they don`t do a soft cover. They say you can do a book with them in 60 mins. maybe if you use their quick way loading pics in random order - took me nigh on 6 hours to load 412 images onto 100 pages in the format I wanted with text manually and I could not alter their templates like I can with others. Last order from me! >:(

Hinfrance

Cyclists. Again.

Saw a truck nearly take one out this morning on the main road into town - 90kph limit, pitch black, dark clothes, no lights. Later, saw one with a rear light showing and thought it had no front light, but it turns out he did have a front light; aimed perfectly at the back of the handlebar bag he had on.  Pace Graham, but do you have to have a lobotomy to ride a bike, or is it assumed that the righteous glow of being a cyclist is alone enough to illuminate their path and enable everyone else to see them in the dark?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

The implication that all the 1.1 million unemployed 16-25 year olds are workshy and lazy and not worthy of support from a government that is run by people that have not the faintest idea what real life is like.

I have four grandchildren that fit into that demographic and two (the youngest) are learning that they are just pawns in a game of exploitation and deceit. Employed on short term contracts, with the promise of a permanent position and a rise in pay at the end of it, they have learned that the newcomer, also on a short term contract and arrived a couple of weeks ago, is their replacement for when their contract ends. The thing they find most galling is they are told that one of their duties is to show the newcomer 'the ropes'.

I suppose each time this happens the government can boast that they've created another job, albeit the same one that was boasted about last time and the time before that.

Now where did I put those barricades! >:(

jinky

Here! Here! Abers. In his speech he actually said
"And let no one paint ideas like this as callous. Think about it: with your children, would you dream of just leaving them to their own devices, not getting a job, not training, nothing? No - you'd nag and push and guide and do anything to get them on their way... and so must we"

So the implication there for all to see was that his Tory supporters were all comfortable with kids in jobs and he is talking about some big underclass that doesn`t mind their under 25s being out of work! I couldn`t believe none of the news channels picked this bit up.

I`m sick of the Tories hitting every sound bite about the unemployed / under achievers, immigrants and seemingly getting general support. Oh that Labour would actually get a decent leader and posit some alternative policies and attack the Tories and Cameron for the out of touch toffs they show themselves to be with every utterance  >:(

jinky

WAMT? Blogger!
So many problems with it today. I promised a fellow traveller I`d be putting up some blogs about my South Africa trip for him to see the pictures he liked on the back of my camera. Since adding Google + everything seems to be malfunctioning !Grrrrr!

Anyone remotely interested in South African trip can see it here
http://photographybypauldishman.blogspot.co.uk/

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on October 03, 2013, 10:30:55 AM
WAMT? Blogger!
So many problems with it today. I promised a fellow traveller I`d be putting up some blogs about my South Africa trip for him to see the pictures he liked on the back of my camera. Since adding Google + everything seems to be malfunctioning !Grrrrr!

Anyone remotely interested in South African trip can see it here
http://photographybypauldishman.blogspot.co.uk/

Looks like you had a great time.  :tup:

jinky

Yes it was fantastic. Really enjoyed our travels in the last 18 months. We keep saying it`s our delayed gap year  :D

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.