• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 129
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 141
  • Total: 141
bhphotovideo
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaux Reflets

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Oldboy

Quote from: Karen on August 23, 2013, 08:57:56 AM
My arm wont bend :-[

Any excuse  to avoid paying your round!  :P

Hope it gets better soon.  :-*

ABERS

We've had a bumper apple crop this year, so much so that my neighbours tree, which he tells me is 40+ years old, has succumbed to the weight of fruit and one main branch has split from the trunk.

WAMMT is now we're innundated with ring necked parakeets, an annual event. Sitting here with my morning cuppa I've been watching them taking just one bite from each apple and ruining it, before going on to the next one. They've been joined by a family of Jays doing the same. >:(

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on August 24, 2013, 07:59:08 AM
We've had a bumper apple crop this year, so much so that my neighbours tree, which he tells me is 40+ years old, has succumbed to the weight of fruit and one main branch has split from the trunk.

WAMMT is now we're innundated with ring necked parakeets, an annual event. Sitting here with my morning cuppa I've been watching them taking just one bite from each apple and ruining it, before going on to the next one. They've been joined by a family of Jays doing the same. >:(

Shoot them!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

spinner

Morons on the internet. I posted an issue I'm having with an old iPod. Went into great detail about it not mounting and all the things I'd done to try and get it running. Got an error message about the partitions not being right. Googled the error and nowhere was there an answer. So my question was quite specific asking if the ipod partitioning system was a trade secret and how I can't find info anywhere. First answer I get back, from the moron, have I tried restoring it through iTunes.  :doh:

I did get an answer suggesting the logicboard was cooked but of course they're not being made anymore so I'll have to dig around ebay or kijjiji.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Jediboy

Quote from: spinner on August 26, 2013, 02:44:44 AM
Morons on the internet. I posted an issue I'm having with an old iPod. Went into great detail about it not mounting and all the things I'd done to try and get it running. Got an error message about the partitions not being right. Googled the error and nowhere was there an answer. So my question was quite specific asking if the ipod partitioning system was a trade secret and how I can't find info anywhere. First answer I get back, from the moron, have I tried restoring it through iTunes.  :doh:

I did get an answer suggesting the logicboard was cooked but of course they're not being made anymore so I'll have to dig around ebay or kijjiji.

I had an iPod problem a whole ago. I tried everything to get it working but no joy. I took it to the Gemius bar at my local Apple store and they sorted it for me and got it working again, and it was free. May be worth a try if its still showing the error. 
(Apologies if you've already done this).
May the Force be with you.

Chris

spikeyjen

Still sick and very over it all!!!

donoreo

Did you try restoring from iTunes?  :uglystupid2: If you have all the music, look up how to wipe and start fresh.  It may help.  If you are using the iPod with Windows then it is likely formatted FAT32 (but could be NTFS) with standard MBR partitioning. 

Jediboy

Quote from: donoreo on August 26, 2013, 02:12:57 PM

Did you try restoring from iTunes?  :uglystupid2: If you have all the music, look up how to wipe and start fresh.  It may help.  If you are using the iPod with Windows then it is likely formatted FAT32 (but could be NTFS) with standard MBR partitioning.

Mind. Blown!  :-\
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Hinfrance

Don, I think you meant to say 'if you are using it with Windows then stop that right now' iTunes for Windows is the worst application ever written in the history of computing. A friend, who thought no doubt that they were being kind, bought my daughter an iPod. It took me 4 hours to get one album on it, and then only after using 3rd party software.

Needless to say daughter went back to using her Sandisk mp3 player without further delay.:) Rip CD, drag, drop. Simple.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

I've been using iTunes on Windows for years - no problem at all. RIP, drag, drop simple - just as you say!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

donoreo

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 26, 2013, 02:51:20 PMNeedless to say daughter went back to using her Sandisk mp3 player without further delay.:) Rip CD, drag, drop. Simple.
itunes by default wants to rip any CD you stick in.  As a media player, it is mediocre, even on a Mac. 

Hinfrance

Quote from: anglefire on August 26, 2013, 06:34:41 PM
I've been using iTunes on Windows for years - no problem at all. RIP, drag, drop simple - just as you say!

You must be blessed. I had to use Foobar to transfer files to the iPod!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

Quote from: Jediboy on August 26, 2013, 07:23:46 AM

I had an iPod problem a whole ago. I tried everything to get it working but no joy. I took it to the Gemius bar at my local Apple store and they sorted it for me and got it working again, and it was free. May be worth a try if its still showing the error. 
(Apologies if you've already done this).

I'd thought of Chris, but this is a 1st. gen. mini and I've taken it to bits and chewed it up a bit, I'd be embarrassed to hand to them and ask to fix it.
And, not to take anything away from the Genius bar people, but my googling produced multiple posters complaining about the same issue, going all the way back to 2007 and not one of them had any responses that fixed it. In fact a lot of them never got a response at all. The closest I got to an answer was the suggestion I replace the logicboard. Now, finding one is another issue completely.  :(
Ol' blue eyes

spinner

Quote from: donoreo on August 26, 2013, 02:12:57 PM

Don, I've pulled the drive out and formated it in Mac Disk Utility, done the same with several different sized CF cards. I even reformatted one of the cards in my Nikon. Nothing changes the status, the ipod won't mount, not in OSX, not in Windows, not even in Linux. From the reading I've done, it seems they came from the factory set up for Macs, no surprise there, if you initiate it on a Windows computer it apparently creates a hidden dual boot so that it will run on a windows machine but the Mac portion is still there. The issue I posted for, was that one of the web sites I visited said that the ipods have a 3 part partition, but nowhere on the web can I find information about this 3 part partition. But, all of the people who were successfull in replacing the old mini harddrive with CF cards, say they just plug them in and it gets recognized, they can then restore it in iTunes and they have a working iPod. That's why I'm thinking my other responder may be correct, that the logicboard is the issue, as that's where the firmware resides.
Ol' blue eyes

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.