• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 103
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 103
  • Total: 103
photobox
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Only an hour and a bit to go Hugh, then it'll all be over.

Those special places are always empty around these parts, I guess no-one has a long enough right arm. Or maybe they don't like the colour - they're blue here.

As for UK banks, I believe that most of their customer service training involves perfecting the art of the circular argument. Specimen 'phone call (sequence shortened to avoid the recurrence of suicidal/murderous thoughts):

"I want to add my UK charge card to internet banking, but the website won't acknowledge that it is possible for someone to have two addresses"
"Just call in to your nearest branch and we can change the address for you"
"I don't want to change the address, I want to add that card and address to my customer record"
"I see, just call in to your nearest branch and we can change the address for you"
"No, I don't want to change the address, I just want to add that card and address to my customer record, and anyway my nearest branch is currently 600 miles of land and 40 miles of sea away"
"Ah, I see, so if you could just call in to your nearest branch then we can change the address for you"
"I give up"
"Thank you for calling. Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Hope your youngest will get better soon Hugh.

I have constant problems with Dutch firms who cannot cope with an English address.
Over there it's: Name
                       Streetname plus number
                      Town
                      Postcode consisting of four ciphers and two letters.

Anything that's different causes major problems, and mail gets constantly delayed or goes missing altogether.

Same thing when you access their websites, where you have the added problem that you cannot leave your phone number, as it's not accepted. I have often, in frustration, left my phone number without the international dial code, which means that someone in Haarlem may get calls meant for me.

I have recently discovered, I can leave just a series of noughts, as long as it's the required number.

I am far from a computer expert, but I would have thought, it cannot be beyond a programmer to set up a scheme/website that can cope with variations.

Especially in the United States of Europe!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Annoying me apart from cars is the number of link windows popping up asking me to do consumer surveys. Apart from that I am suddenly finding blue underlined text in posts such as Reinardinas and H`s above linking to bank deals and offers / free prizes won.
Kaspersky isn`t reporting any problems and scanxs come up clear anyone know what causes them - are others getting them. I`ve even found people have put in 2/3 links on my websites where I have had to edit text to delete. Anyone know what I do?

Funny thing is now that I have posted this the blue underlined words in the above two posts have disappeared??? :doh:

And having edited again they are back - "customer services" highlighted in H`s ," phone" in Reinardina`s and "survey"  in miy post now?????

Reinardina

Nothing the matter on my screen. No blue lines, no sudden increase of pop up windows either.
I think you need the experts here Paul, as to my non-expert computer mind, it sounds as if something could have burrowed deep into your system, if the two programmes you used didn't show up anything.
Or maybe it could be a simple 'glitch'?

We have used 'Malwarebytes' successfully in the past.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Cheers for that. Tried that software for malware and nothing came up. I then looked up "Text enhance" issues and came across solutions. Had to go to the add ons / plug ins section of each browser and look for text enhance and disable it. Trouble was none were listed. I then found a warning that the last version of Adobe Shockwaves was causing this issue. You get that to run videos. I`m told that if you disable it and then  activate it again 10 seconds later it stops doing the text enhance. I`ve disabled it on firefox and IE9 and sure enough the problem has  gone. Not restarted it yet. but will check and see what happens and edit this to advise in case anyone else gets this issue.

And they are right. Just enabled Adobe Shockwaves in IE9 and the text enhance / links annoyance has gone. Anyone who has had this problem recently I suggest does the same. Now why would adobe embed that within shockwaves?

Just enabled shockwaves again in Firefox and the text enhance is back??? How do I get rid of this without losing the facility of adobe shockwave?

And it was back again in IE9 with adobe shockwave flash enabled again.

Anyone else getting this issue?

Mick

Quote from: jinky on December 21, 2012, 05:58:35 PM

Nope no such problems here.  Tried in various browsers, IE9, Firefox, and Chrome.  All seems fine.  Does it only happen on this site Paul?  I've not seen any other complaints atm.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

jinky

Quote from: admin on December 21, 2012, 06:26:03 PM
Quote from: jinky on December 21, 2012, 05:58:35 PM

Nope no such problems here.  Tried in various browsers, IE9, Firefox, and Chrome.  All seems fine.  Does it only happen on this site Paul?  I've not seen any other complaints atm.
First noticed it here but happens on various sites including my own website.
I`ve pinned it down to some sort of text enhancer problem that is coming as an attachmentn to Adobe Shockwave Flash object  add on which is affecting my IE9 and Firefox browsers. When I disable that add on it stopd happenign. Don`t know how badly I need the Flash object - guess it is for viewing flash loaded sites. I thought I might be able to uninstall it and reinstall a new copy but only see Adobe Flash Player 11 Active  x and Adobe Flash Player 11 Plug in noth installed over a year ago and the problem has just started in last couple of weeks. Maybe it was an update? Any idea what I should do? Leave Shockwave Flash object blocked or unintsall and reinstall the players?

I`m actually getting "Adobe" as text enhanced in this post with the shockwave flash object disabled. :uglystupid2: It says next to it link added by VigLink

Mick

Quote from: jinky on December 21, 2012, 06:39:29 PM

I`m actually getting "Adobe" as text enhanced in this post with the shockwave flash object disabled. :uglystupid2: It says next to it link added by VigLink

You should be seeing those, viglink will turn certain words like Adobe, canon, or nikon etc into links but you shouldn't be getting any other interference from it.  Been like this for months now.

My Gallery

OpenSea

jinky

Quote from: admin on December 21, 2012, 06:58:50 PM
Quote from: jinky on December 21, 2012, 06:39:29 PM

You should be seeing those, viglink will turn certain words like Adobe, canon, or nikon etc into links but you shouldn't be getting any other interference from it.  Been like this for months now.

That`s OK then. Before disabling and then later re-enabling shockwave flashg I was getting it in above posts with "customer service", "phone" and on my own site with "lenses" and "camera" and loads of words. Seems to have gone for now. Wkill see how it goes

Beryl

Check you haven't unknowingly y downloaded Yontoo. I check every week. It links lots of thing and can slow you computer down.
Look in you control panel under the Un install list it will be at the bottom. Very annoying little Trajan program.
It will be at the bottom . Uninstall it 
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

jinky

I see yontoo there - maybe that`s the root of it as the dates match. Will sort that now. Thanks Beryl

Mick

I think Beryl's cracked the problem for you.  :tup: 

I just had a quick read up on it, and it does sound exactly the problem you're having.  There's also various ways to get rid of it.  Google it for more info.

My Gallery

OpenSea

jinky

I have just deleted it using the control panel. As I had got rid of the text highlighters by disabling and then reenabling shockj waves too not sure which has worked best but the problem seems to be gone. Not sure how I got it though I did download a Youtube converter around that time and have read it can come with that. Thanks .

Mick

Quote from: jinky on December 21, 2012, 07:34:03 PM
I have just deleted it using the control panel. As I had got rid of the text highlighters by disabling and then reenabling shockj waves too not sure which has worked best but the problem seems to be gone. Not sure how I got it though I did download a Youtube converter around that time and have read it can come with that. Thanks .

Cool.. Glad you got that one sorted.  Thanks to Beryl.  :tup:

My Gallery

OpenSea

Alfonso_Frisk

Also as a precaution download and install Malwarebytes as suggested bt "Re"
reboot in safe mode and do a full scan to clean the PC
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.