• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 117
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 102
  • Total: 102
millets
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

WAMT?

Christmas songs playing over the PA in the supermarket. Arghhh.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

donoreo

Quote from: Hinfrance on November 06, 2012, 05:45:46 PM
WAMT?

Christmas songs playing over the PA in the supermarket. Arghhh.
A chain here, Shopper's Drug Mart (like Boots) started on Nov 1 and got so many complaints they stopped the next day.   I say they wait until after November 11 at least. 

Matthew

Commenting on a news story about folks queuing outside Comet since the early hours by calling them "vultures", a friend took it personally and in the wrong context and basically made me feel small by dropping in the the old "I was in there at 0913am getting a christmas present for my son, so I am a vulture am I?"........so that has annoyed, not being able to voice an opinion without someone blowing it out of all proportion......... >:(
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Oldboy

Quote from: highlandscenics on November 08, 2012, 08:01:33 PM
Commenting on a news story about folks queuing outside Comet since the early hours by calling them "vultures", a friend took it personally and in the wrong context and basically made me feel small by dropping in the the old "I was in there at 0913am getting a christmas present for my son, so I am a vulture am I?"........so that has annoyed, not being able to voice an opinion without someone blowing it out of all proportion......... >:(

You are quite correct as most only went to pick over the bones. It should cheer you up to know that many of them complained that the reductions was only ten percent, so not the bargains they expected.  :doh:

Again the bloody weather forecasters can't get things right. Promiced mostly sunshine today with some clouds moving in. Went to Earlswood and on the way the sun shone brightly. Got off at Earlswood and took a few pictures before clouds moved in and except for a few minutes here and there, that was the last of the sun!!!!  >:( >:( >:(

ABERS

A big fat plumber's bill for replacing a central heating pump and a 'motorised valve?'. >:(

Still the old components had been there since Adam was a lad.

Well it's nice to contribute to the upturn in the economy, but why should I shoulder the major part of the operation? ::)

nickt

Abers, I don't know how much you were charged, but just to let you know the pump and valve would probably be close to £200.00 and then the dreaded labour charge.
Nick

ABERS

Thanks for that Nick. Knowing that makes me feel a little better. I expect the old cash in hand helped.  :D

Hinfrance

Now now Alan, tax evasion is everso very not nice. Especially as in the current climate even quite legal tax avoidance is considered beyond the pale.

But what annoyed me today was that a grub screw came loose from my power plane and gouged the wood I was working on. And I had fabricate a new one and start again.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

It's amazing how many non-VAT registered tradesmen are out and about  these days, especially when they've just finished their apprenticeship.

Hinfrance

Well, you don't have to register for VAT below a certain threshold (no idea what it is now), so if you're starting out it is an option to stay outside the system - trouble is you can't then reclaim any VAT inputs.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Matthew

Quote from: Oldboy on November 11, 2012, 10:49:47 PM
Not so much annoyed more sad really.  :'(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2231352/Robert-Burley-Photographer-charts-slow-death-camera-film-businesses.html

Very sad indeed and reminds me of an old job.......I used to be a truck driver for Hovis, I was based in the Inverness Bakery.......when I joined, the bakery had been shutdown for a number of years, so the bread was taken up to our depot from Glasgow to be distributed out further a field. To get from the loading bays to the offices, you had to walk through the old bakery.......swing doors, conveyor belts and old extractor units still present......cracked tiled floors and the spooky sound of the wind whistling down the old fan vents.......the old grain Silos still remain too........was a very spooky place to work especially as I was a nightshift trucker..............
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Hinfrance

My UPS exploded. Only a little explosion, but an explosion nevertheless. Dead as a doornail. A loud screeching doornail.

Thinks: "Oh well, it's been ages since it actually had to cover for a power cut", so I turned the PC on. Only to watch it go dead as there was a power cut about half an hour later.

Charging up the new UPS now.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Reinardina

Probably a very stupid question: What is a UPS?
My brain immediately jumped to the parcel service company, and will not be coaxed away from it, to consider anything else.
Well, it is early of course, or maybe it's my age.
Enlightenment(?) welcome!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Uninterruptible Power Supply.

They're sort of necessary out in the sticks where not only does the power occasionally go off, but also the voltage can vary throughout the day too.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.