• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 117
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 131
  • Total: 131
photobox
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Quote from: Oldboy on June 26, 2012, 10:44:50 PM
Quote from: jinky on June 26, 2012, 09:11:29 PM
Attempt 13 by Go Ballooning`s reckoning and 15 by mine cancelled today. Not much breeze at ground level so can only guess they are speaking the truth when they say it is blustery 1000 feet up  >:(
That`s 2 years next week that I have been trying to fly. Found that there are only 3 planned flights this season in Leeds / York area so expecting problems in booking and keeping voucher open so another argument in store! Would comment on their facebook page but seems they have blocked me after last time - still they have not blocked my wife yet  ;)

By the time you get the chance to fly you won't be able to climb into the basket!  :doh:

I barely could last time I got to the field  :D

ABERS

The Queen to shake hands with McGuinness. Let's hope there's a lady in waiting with a tissue handy so she can wipe the slime and blood off her hand immediately afterwards. >:(

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on June 27, 2012, 07:20:43 AM
The Queen to shake hands with McGuinness. Let's hope there's a lady in waiting with a tissue handy so she can wipe the slime and blood off her hand immediately afterwards. >:(

Next time your in the newsagents have a look at the current edition of Private Eye.
                     Graham. ;)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

spinner

See my recent post to Room 101.

I feel like a broken record as I know I've been annoyed by this several times in the last couple of years. I asked a simple question on a tech site, is there an 64 bit version of a certain network protocol. Knowing if I'd left it at that I'd get a Why do you need it answer, so I took some time to elaborate my issue but sure enough I still got the why do you need it. Just tell me, is there one out there or not!  >:(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

donoreo

Quote from: spinner on June 27, 2012, 11:14:06 PM

I feel like a broken record as I know I've been annoyed by this several times in the last couple of years. I asked a simple question on a tech site, is there an 64 bit version of a certain network protocol. Knowing if I'd left it at that I'd get a Why do you need it answer, so I took some time to elaborate my issue but sure enough I still got the why do you need it. Just tell me, is there one out there or not!  >:(
Yes.  Most likely.  If the operating system is 64bit, then the network protocols are probably compiled that way.  However, this may vary on the OS.  Linux and other UNIXs probably would be, Mac OS (also a UNIX) maybe.  Windows....who knows.   I could check on a Linux version. 

spinner

Quote from: donoreo on June 28, 2012, 02:30:29 AM
Quote from: spinner on June 27, 2012, 11:14:06 PM

Yes.  Most likely.  If the operating system is 64bit, then the network protocols are probably compiled that way.  However, this may vary on the OS.  Linux and other UNIXs probably would be, Mac OS (also a UNIX) maybe.  Windows....who knows.   I could check on a Linux version.

I'm looking for a 64 bit version of NetBios for windows 7. Reason? I have one machine that I decided to go 64 bit install. Coincidentally it's the only machine of my 4 Win 7 machines, that won't connect properly to my home network. My 32bit installs work as they should.
Ol' blue eyes

donoreo

Since MS has been trying phase out netbios for years you may be out of luck.  If someone  had the source code they could compile a 64 bit version.  Not sure what you can do.  A quick google shows this is happening a lot.

spinner

Quote from: donoreo on June 28, 2012, 09:11:44 PM
Since MS has been trying phase out netbios for years you may be out of luck.  If someone  had the source code they could compile a 64 bit version.  Not sure what you can do.  A quick google shows this is happening a lot.

Yes and the complaints have been around a long time, yet nothing's been done to fix it. Reminds me now why after upgrading to Lion on my Mac I switched back to Snow Leopard, because Apple's been monkeying around with SMB and it doesn't work properly either.
Ol' blue eyes

donoreo

Quote from: spinner on June 28, 2012, 11:57:46 PM
Quote from: donoreo on June 28, 2012, 09:11:44 PM

Yes and the complaints have been around a long time, yet nothing's been done to fix it. Reminds me now why after upgrading to Lion on my Mac I switched back to Snow Leopard, because Apple's been monkeying around with SMB and it doesn't work properly either.
Apple switched from using Samba for their SMB to something they created themselves.  I have not had a problem with it myself. 

Jonathan

Then it's likely you don't use a Buffalo Terrastation.  They have flat out refused to write drivers which means the NAS I paid them a lot of money for is now just a box of data that I can't access.
It's Guest's round

donoreo

I think the terastations can share through NFS and a Mac, being UNIX, can connect.  I know it is not straight forward but there are step by step instructions for  connecting OS X to NFS mounts.

anglefire

My timemachine has had to create a new backup file for some reason - and a day later has done the same thing again.

No idea why- did it a few weeks ago but I manually deleted the old one and started again and was ok till now. Bit of a waste of time having a backup that decides to not work.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jonathan

Quote from: donoreo on June 29, 2012, 10:21:33 PM
I think the terastations can share through NFS and a Mac, being UNIX, can connect.  I know it is not straight forward but there are step by step instructions for  connecting OS X to NFS mounts.

Not possible on the particular Terastation I own :(

Buffalo have posted an official message on their forum saying "quit whining".  Which is a good clue as to which brand never to buy again.
It's Guest's round

Hinfrance

Just so. I've never even considered buying anything from Apple . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Matthew

Some of you know I live in a cottage on a farm......in the front garden I have turned a border into a small "allotment". Now behind this border is a picket fence and behind that, stinging nettles that have been growing unchecked since spring. I have a petrol strimmer (the proper man's kind  :beer:) which came with a brush cutter attachment, basically a big tri-bladed cutting head that spins at 2,000rpm. I decided to tackle the nettle problem as they were now 5ft high and invading over and through the fence. Enthuastically I got the tools to change the head on the strimmer from grass cutter to brush cutter! I slotted the disc onto the drive shaft and then proceeded to secure it with the accompanying locking nut........3 times I tried to get said nut to fit onto the threaded part of the drive shaft, but to no avail.....I was even at the point of going to phone up the manufacturers to complain about them providing a faulty nut!.....Until I remembered, it is a reversed thread....to tighten you have to turn it anti-clockwise.....so that is what annoyed me, initially......quickly followed with embarrasment :uglystupid2: Hmmmmm, I feel better for sharing that now..oh and the nettles are no more.. :dance:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.