• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 126
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 123
  • Total: 123
Wish
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Quote from: Gaelldew on January 21, 2012, 12:34:24 PM
Pretty well given up on that lot, I just a a look occasionally to see if its improving, which it doesn't seem like. Cancelling my subscription the mag too.

Like they say in the Lion King, "it's the circle of life".  There's only so many ways to "sharpen" your pics. Not saying there's nothing new under the sun as it were, but I wasn't finding it on the pages of DCM.  :P
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

We're remodelling my daughter's room. So a wardrobe that was in the house when we moved in has been deemed unacceptable for the new look.

Although it is not in perfect condition and it is quite old, it was clearly hand made to a very high standard, including inlaid patterns on the shelves and draws and skillful carving on the paneled doors and frame.

What annoys me, or rather more precisely upsets me, is that the light damage means we can't really sell it and it is too big to go in the garage as a gamfry cupboard. So it's got to be broken up. And destroying things that are serviceable really upsets me. I don't know why, but I hate to throw things away when they still have use left in them.

Obviously I was prepared to make an exception for the Suzuki Samurai, but that damned thing had it coming . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: spinner on January 21, 2012, 12:58:48 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on January 21, 2012, 12:07:26 PM
'Over there,' I've only been doing the competition in the last year or so, but I'm getting fed up with that as well now.
But it's still a love-hate relationship with that site. I 'started out' there, learned a lot, and made many friends, not all of whom have moved over here.

Mick: The spellchecker thinks 'love-hate' should be 'overheat'! Very apt, as a lot of people overheat, due to the problems!

Give it time, it'll be a hate/hate relationship before you know it.  ;D

Problem is that I like my friends!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

bones615

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 21, 2012, 03:49:21 PM
We're remodelling my daughter's room. So a wardrobe that was in the house when we moved in has been deemed unacceptable for the new look.

Although it is not in perfect condition and it is quite old, it was clearly hand made to a very high standard, including inlaid patterns on the shelves and draws and skillful carving on the paneled doors and frame.

What annoys me, or rather more precisely upsets me, is that the light damage means we can't really sell it and it is too big to go in the garage as a gamfry cupboard. So it's got to be broken up. And destroying things that are serviceable really upsets me. I don't know why, but I hate to throw things away when they still have use left in them.

Obviously I was prepared to make an exception for the Suzuki Samurai, but that damned thing had it coming . .

Do you have a french equivalent of freecycle. I am the same about throwing out servicable items and it makes me feel better to know things are getting used rather than going to the tip, and it saves me a trip to the dump.

Hinfrance

Alas we don't have such a thing - I used to use a local equivalent when we lived in the UK, although they never seemed to actually be that interested in the things I had to offer.

I'm going to keep all the plain panels in my 'might come in useful' corner of the garage, but some of it will end up on the fire, so at least it'll help to keep us warm for a few hours.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

Quote from: Reinardina on January 21, 2012, 03:51:41 PM
Quote from: spinner on January 21, 2012, 12:58:48 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on January 21, 2012, 12:07:26 PM
'Over there,' I've only been doing the competition in the last year or so, but I'm getting fed up with that as well now.
But it's still a love-hate relationship with that site. I 'started out' there, learned a lot, and made many friends, not all of whom have moved over here.

Mick: The spellchecker thinks 'love-hate' should be 'overheat'! Very apt, as a lot of people overheat, due to the problems!

Give it time, it'll be a hate/hate relationship before you know it.  ;D

Problem is that I like my friends!

But will they stay? If it goes like last time, a lot of 'regulars' will get fed up and move on to other sites, :'( like this one.  ;)
Ol' blue eyes

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 21, 2012, 03:49:21 PM

What's the light damage H ?
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

spinner

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 21, 2012, 06:06:03 PM
Alas we don't have such a thing - I used to use a local equivalent when we lived in the UK, although they never seemed to actually be that interested in the things I had to offer.

I'm going to keep all the plain panels in my 'might come in useful' corner of the garage, but some of it will end up on the fire, so at least it'll help to keep us warm for a few hours.

I too hate to throw away things that still have life in then (hence the 8 computers in my basement). Had a similar experience with the local equivalent, brought them 2 perfectly good TV's. They wouldn't take them because they were rotary dials and no remotes. They were a charity but using a part of the municipal recycle centre so I wrote a scathing letter to the Mayor and just got the brush off. >:(

I'd offer to take it off your hands, but I'm the only antique the missus will allow in the house and I'm starting to think that exemption is tenuous.  :legit:
Ol' blue eyes

Markulous

We're having a massive clearout and we've a superb recycling centre just down the road: brand new, hardly anyone there whenever we've gone and very helpful staff - who, I'm told, get very little pay but get to take useful stuff and sell on. Fine by me, as I've stuff that's perfectly usable but with little value.
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Graham

Fell off my bike this morning, first time in abot 35 years, walking pace on a cycle path in the hospital grounds, in front of 3 nurses.
    Roads and paths were fine but I managed to find a patch of ice. >:(
    Left hand little finger broke in two places, thankfuly niether on a joint.
    And Iv'e got a frantic "First three/ no flash" with the *Kaiser Chiefs in a couple of days! >:( >:(
                         Graham. >:( >:( >:(

* Alan. They'er a popular beat combo.  :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on January 27, 2012, 04:27:03 PM
    Fell off my bike this morning, first time in abot 35 years, walking pace on a cycle path in the hospital grounds, in front of 3 nurses.
    And Iv'e got a frantic "First three/ no flash" with the *Kaiser Chiefs in a couple of days! >:( >:(

Looking at the nurses instead of where you were going?  :doh:

Graham

Quote from: Oldboy on January 27, 2012, 05:58:46 PM

Looking at the nurses instead of where you were going?  :doh:

Possibly not. :(

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

Hope the little finger soon mends Graham. Must be a little difficult drinking tea from a bone china cup.

What exactly is a beat combo, is it like 'Surf and Turf'?

picsfor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08iTlO3dRZc&feature=player_embedded#!

Here they are Alan, with Graham's other favourite band - the Ukelele Orchestra...

Graham

Quote from: picsfor on January 27, 2012, 07:17:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08iTlO3dRZc&feature=player_embedded#!

Here they are Alan, with Graham's other favourite band - the Ukelele Orchestra...

Bless you Andrew. You know me too well!
               Graham. :dance:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.