• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 117
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 94
  • Total: 94
  • Google
photobox
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on October 20, 2011, 09:32:44 PM
Quote from: spinner on October 20, 2011, 09:29:13 PM

No, who knew there all these different pipes in there. Water, Sewage from the upstairs bathroom, heating. I've done enough damage to realize, I can't get inside no matter how big a hole I make.
I've realized it's a job for a professional. I can't even see the leak so more walls are coming down no doubt.  :'( :'(

Doesn't sound good.  :'(

Well, the good news is I found the leak. Oddly enough I was showing my wife where I thought the leak was coming from when the light from the flashlight caught this very fine stream of water coming from another area. So, I know it's a pinhole leak and exactly where it is and it's not behind another wall like I feared. Unfortunately I still can't get at it. Needs someone real skinny with long arms. If I stopped eating right now, I might be skinny enough in 6 months, but I'd still have stubby arms. :doh:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

spinner

Got the leak plugged temporarily. A friend of a friend who is a home renovator coming over on Sunday to do a permanent fix. :)
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Graham

Quote from: spinner on October 22, 2011, 01:20:50 AM
Got the leak plugged temporarily. A friend of a friend who is a home renovator coming over on Sunday to do a permanent fix. :)
:tup: :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on October 22, 2011, 01:20:50 AM

:tup: :D

Hinfrance

The first problem I have had with Vista for as long as I can remember.

When the PC started up this morning Vista reallocated the drive letters of two of my external drives, swapping them over. So when the automatic daily backups ran, and then failed due to there not being sufficient space on the smaller of the drives, I have been left with an unholy mess to sort out.

No data has been lost, but stuff is all over the place, or rather all over places it shouldn't be.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

mondmagu

You would think I would be used to the rain living in Ireland......well I'm not!!
It hasn't stopped raining all day!!!!! :'(

Des
Des
www.flickr.com/photos/mondmagu

mondmagu

40 mm of rain in Dublin today so far.......still not stopped! :doh:

Des
Des
www.flickr.com/photos/mondmagu

Sarasocke

I think I should have left my PC with XP .....

After having Windows 7 installed, I thought I'd better calibrate my monitor - I should have known - my Spyder 2 express is too old and doesn't work with Windows 7.
This conversion is costing me a fortune!  >:(
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

greypoint

I've got an all in one pc and a laptop running xp and another laptop running windows 7 - it's probably just me and the fact I don't really utilise the functions, but I don't seem to find any advantage with windows 7  ::)

Sarasocke

I've only had it a couple of days, in fact I've only managed to get any work done yesterday.
Just tried dowloading some stuff from the Datacolor website for the Spyder2. Still doesn't work.

Any ideas what DOES work on Windows 7?
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Sarasocke on October 29, 2011, 11:02:26 AM
I've only had it a couple of days, in fact I've only managed to get any work done yesterday.
Just tried dowloading some stuff from the Datacolor website for the Spyder2. Still doesn't work.

I use Quick Gammer Carol, that runs on every start up and have not had any problems with any Windows versions up to Vista  :tup:
http://quickgamma.de/indexen.html  Windows 7 is on their list and it is a free software / donate package. 
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

I use Spyder 2 as well. I also have a Windows 7 laptop and investigated the compatibility issues.

As far as I could tell Datacolor do not support Spyder 2 on anything later than Vista, although version 2.35 is reported to work on some installations. It doesn't work on mine  :(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: Sarasocke on October 29, 2011, 11:02:26 AM

Should be able to run Spyder 2 in compatibly mode. This is the advice for Vista: Most programs written for Windows XP also work in this version of Windows, but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. If a program written for an earlier version of Windows doesn't run correctly, use the Program Compatibility Wizard to change the compatibility settings for the program. To change settings for a program manually, use the individual program's Compatibility tab.  :tup:

Sarasocke

With a little help from OB and Andy ... it's worked!  :dance: :dance: :dance:
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Oldboy

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.