• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 82
  • Total: 82
aliexpress
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: hevans on June 23, 2011, 03:59:16 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on June 23, 2011, 08:19:28 AM
Quote from: anglefire on June 22, 2011, 11:28:19 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on June 21, 2011, 08:17:56 AM
Quote from: anglefire on June 21, 2011, 12:18:30 AM
Quote from: beauxreflets on June 20, 2011, 03:06:58 PM
:idea: Perhaps the cleaning disturbed a connection -  that just needs a wee tap  :-\

I've reseated everything I can find, unplugged each HD in turn to see if one of them was hanging the system - but nothing. :(

What happens when you start the PC? Do any messages appear?  ???

Nope, no messages, nothing.

Bit the bullet and bought a load of bits and am going to build a new one.

In that case it sounds like your PSU is dead.  :'(

Is it plugged in?   :legit:

That's a good point, as it might be a faulty cable.  :tup:

Hinfrance

In two words : deer flies.  >:(

Nasty little b*st*rds. I got bitten by one four times this afternoon. They always bite on the back or neck, and if you think a wasp sting is painful, well, think again. Deer fly bites are excruciating, and if you don't treat them very quickly the allergic reaction will leave you with swellings the size of shallots at the site of each bite for well over a week. And when the pain has gone they itch like mad.

If you're really unlucky they can carry a bacterial infection that attacks the lungs and lymphatic system amongst others.

Fortunately I got mine attended to quickly and the swelling is already going down. Problem is, there is always more than one about . . .  >:(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Never mind about Deer flies horse files are worse!  :o

anglefire

Quote from: Oldboy on June 23, 2011, 07:52:03 PM
Quote from: hevans on June 23, 2011, 03:59:16 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on June 23, 2011, 08:19:28 AM
Quote from: anglefire on June 22, 2011, 11:28:19 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on June 21, 2011, 08:17:56 AM
Quote from: anglefire on June 21, 2011, 12:18:30 AM
Quote from: beauxreflets on June 20, 2011, 03:06:58 PM
:idea: Perhaps the cleaning disturbed a connection -  that just needs a wee tap  :-\

I've reseated everything I can find, unplugged each HD in turn to see if one of them was hanging the system - but nothing. :(

What happens when you start the PC? Do any messages appear?  ???

Nope, no messages, nothing.

Bit the bullet and bought a load of bits and am going to build a new one.

In that case it sounds like your PSU is dead.  :'(

Is it plugged in?   :legit:

That's a good point, as it might be a faulty cable.  :tup:

Nope, definately  :busted:

So I've built a new one :tup:

Win7, 80GB SSD drive, 8Gb ram, plus my old 1TB and 1.5TB data drives :dance:

It boots in about 40secs (The ssd was bought for reliability not ultimate speed) - out of standby in about 5secs ::)

Loads CS5 in about 2seconds and runs very nicely  :D
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

My wifi. Got  a actiontec router that has been fine for years but last couple of days the signal just keeps falling off. Luckily I kept instructions from my last epic call to the Indian call centre on how to find / set another channel and get it back but why does it happen? Interference from another set up in the area? Any tips.

I`m thinking a call to Virgin is called for to complain about charges to existing customers vs new deals and whether I can get a improved package with a new high speed hub from them ;-)

michaelb104

Quote from: jinky on June 30, 2011, 08:39:25 AM
I`m thinking a call to Virgin is called for to complain about charges to existing customers vs new deals and whether I can get a improved package with a new high speed hub from them ;-)

Paul,  I had to contact Virgin because of the duff Actiontech router, in the end I got upgraded broadband (30 meg I think) without an increase in the monthly charge and their new high speed router/hub thing but I did have to pay £20 towards the cost of it. 

Give them a ring and see what you can get out of them ;)
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

jinky

Exactly what I had in mind Michael. Just waiting for a call back now.

jinky

Quote from: michaelb104 on June 30, 2011, 10:44:02 AM
Quote from: jinky on June 30, 2011, 08:39:25 AM

Paul,  I had to contact Virgin because of the duff Actiontech router, in the end I got upgraded broadband (30 meg I think) without an increase in the monthly charge and their new high speed router/hub thing but I did have to pay £20 towards the cost of it. 

Give them a ring and see what you can get out of them ;)

Had my chat with Virgin. Because of my last chat and threat to leave I have a £25 reduction on service every month. I was at risk of losing this reduction if I changed to 30gb and stats showed my usage did not merit it, They agreed to supply me with a new router foc and a new remote as the one I have is sticking. If the new router does not do the trick I can talk again about the hub / 30gb if I want but not economical and not really needed for me. I can go through them again rather than Indian call centre if any issues as I reported a very unpleasant / unhelpful guy in India who treated me like an idiot with an earlier call. I might be an idiot but don`t expect customer service staff to treat me like one  ;)

Hinfrance

Good luck with the new kit and negotiations Paul - if my service provider gave me a £25 per month reduction they'd be paying me ;)

Mark, re the new PC, sounds great. I have just acquired a bottom of the range Acer lappy with Win 7 64 bit. Boots to start up screen in less than 40 seconds, and full operation in less than 60 seconds. Wake up from sleep is almost instantaneous.  The home networking is brilliant, and it is both fast and stable. I am very taken with Win 7 :)

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Trying to upload a file today which keeps bombing out with error messages!

Error: Critical error
Script called without the required parameter(s).

Tried everything but it keeps doing it and yet the photos are less than I usually upload?  >:(

Just tried again using single upload but the website crashes out with Critical error!  :-[

Just uploaded it to Flickr without problems.  :doh:

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: Oldboy on June 30, 2011, 07:11:30 PM

Tried everything but it keeps doing it and yet the photos are less than I usually upload?  >:(

Do you mean a pic to your gallery/album ?
just tried myself and it worked ok
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Oldboy

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on June 30, 2011, 07:18:25 PM

Yes.  :-[

Mick

Quote from: Oldboy on June 30, 2011, 07:23:57 PM
Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on June 30, 2011, 07:18:25 PM

Yes.  :-[

OB, sorry you are having issues, could you please attach the file to your next reply, I'll try and upload it myself.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 30, 2011, 05:48:06 PM
Good luck with the new kit and negotiations Paul - if my service provider gave me a £25 per month reduction they'd be paying me ;)

Mark, re the new PC, sounds great. I have just acquired a bottom of the range Acer lappy with Win 7 64 bit. Boots to start up screen in less than 40 seconds, and full operation in less than 60 seconds. Wake up from sleep is almost instantaneous.  The home networking is brilliant, and it is both fast and stable. I am very taken with Win 7 :)

Yes but I`ve got a XL tv package, phone including all uk calls and broadband so it adds up. I need ti invest more time in Windows 7 - very much underusing it I feel. Quite proud of myself lonking my gmail account to my virgin one and getting it on my phone though - despite the Indian call centre guy`s thoughts I am almost getting minimally competent at times  ;)
WAMT - got a sample wedding album and it had a little splodge on the last picture the size of the woman`s pupil. Still fired up my Virgin dealings I emailed USA and they have agreed to let me have a further free hardback version instead of leather FOC so I`ll have 2 sample formats for the sake of a tiny little flaw. Of course Victor Meldrew style complaint made sure they knew it was unacceptable.

anglefire

I called Virgin the other day too.

I expected a row but didn't get one - instead the very nice lady said that its wasn't a good deal and she would have a look.

Changed me to Free Weekends and evening telephone, V+ HD box, free install, XL from L and a reduction of about a tenner a month.

And she said that I should ring again in a year to see what deal was available then :tup:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.