• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 129
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 130
  • Total: 130
parkcameras
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greypoint

Well - I've had another go at the SD card slot. Rocket blower and a bit of gentle tapping to make sure no little bit of debris was catching somewhere. All but one card will now go in - it still takes a couple of tries to get the card out but it seems to be working almost ok  just a bit stiff  :)  The card that won't go in was hard to get into the laptop too - wonder if a tiny bit had come off it in the camera and got lodged?? Phew.....fingers crossed 'cos I really really love the  K-5  :dance:

skellum

This afternoon I had the salesman from hell on the phone. I told him I never buy anything from anyone on the telephone. He was selling advertising and would not give up. His last comment was " but I am talking to you as a fellow photographer " so I put the phone down. :knuppel2:

Graham

Quote from: Dave on May 13, 2011, 07:40:09 PM
This afternoon I had the salesman from hell on the phone. I told him I never buy anything from anyone on the telephone. He was selling advertising and would not give up. His last comment was " but I am talking to you as a fellow photographer " so I put the phone down. :knuppel2:
Suprised he got that far! Fellow Photographer my £&$£, patronising little $"!^ !

Sorry about the language.... I may have had a small sherry!
                                 Graham. :beer:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Beryl

I usually have to tell them my name is Beryl and not burial and then slam the phonre down. I'm thikig of getting a hi pitch whistle   ;D
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Oldboy

Quote from: greypoint on May 13, 2011, 06:38:59 PM
Well - I've had another go at the SD card slot. Rocket blower and a bit of gentle tapping to make sure no little bit of debris was catching somewhere. All but one card will now go in - it still takes a couple of tries to get the card out but it seems to be working almost ok  just a bit stiff  :)  The card that won't go in was hard to get into the laptop too - wonder if a tiny bit had come off it in the camera and got lodged?? Phew.....fingers crossed 'cos I really really love the  K-5  :dance:

Some SD cards have a switch on them, it a slide thing really to stop you formatting it by mistake, does the problem card have this?  :doh:

Oldboy

Quote from: Dave on May 13, 2011, 07:40:09 PM

The lastest thing is the recorded message, which tells you all their operators are busy!!!! But I didn't phone them!  >:( >:(

Jonathan

Quote from: Oldboy on May 13, 2011, 09:52:10 PM
The lastest thing is the recorded message, which tells you all their operators are busy!!!! But I didn't phone them!  >:( >:(

That's because the law no longer lets them make "silent" calls when they don't have enough operators.  Progress huh?
It's Guest's round

Oldboy

Quote from: Jonathan on May 14, 2011, 07:37:29 AM
Quote from: Oldboy on May 13, 2011, 09:52:10 PM

That's because the law no longer lets them make "silent" calls when they don't have enough operators.  Progress huh?

But I still get silent calls.  >:(

anglefire

I downloaded the Virgin Trains app - and it doesn't work, crashes on entering the origin.

Emailed Virgin, who gave me a number to call - did so and got passed to a couple of different Indians who had no idea, so I gave up - and it was something like 5p a minute to get no where. :(
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on May 14, 2011, 09:54:35 AM

Emailed Virgin, who gave me a number to call - did so and got passed to a couple of different Indians who had no idea, so I gave up - and it was something like 5p a minute to get no where. :(

Should have got the cowboys in!  :2funny: :2funny:

Jonathan

My email picks up every 10 minutes.  Half an hour ago it picked up 3 at the same time - which is no surprise because they were all sent within 6 minutes of each other.

3 different clients.  Each was cancelling a full day shoot.  So I now have (1) 3 more days free this month and (2) considerably less money coming in than I thought.  It's still been a good month - but most months that 6 minutes would make the difference between profit and loss.

Probably best I don't reply for a while.
It's Guest's round

Hinfrance

The microwave decided to die. Second one in less than 6 months. This one was an internet purchase, so given the weight of the things sending it back for repair will be about as expensive as buying a new one. And I recycled the box because it was soooo big.

Plus we use it every day, so we'll have to buy something to replace it even if we do decide to get it repaired by mail.

B*gger  :(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on May 14, 2011, 01:36:38 PM
Quote from: anglefire on May 14, 2011, 09:54:35 AM

Except, we don't call them Indians any more. They are Native Americans or Aboriginals, don't think kids play Cowboys and Indians anymore either, not P.C. :o

Should have got the cowboys in!  :2funny: :2funny:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

greypoint

*^%£$&" Epson and their *$£&^!! chipped cartridges trying to make you pay £45 pounds a  go for their "^%&!* originals and making their "£!£^&** printers reject compatibles unless you switch off for 24 hours and then they might just think about it!!!!!!! And of course the !$%** ink always runs out just when you've got something urgent to do.....I am about to take the !"**%% thing out in to the garden with a big axe.... :knuppel2: :knuppel2:  >:( >:(

Mick

Quote from: greypoint on May 29, 2011, 09:40:52 AM
*^%£$&" Epson and their *$£&^!! chipped cartridges trying to make you pay £45 pounds a  go for their "^%&!* originals and making their "£!£^&** printers reject compatibles unless you switch off for 24 hours and then they might just think about it!!!!!!! And of course the !$%** ink always runs out just when you've got something urgent to do.....I am about to take the !"**%% thing out in to the garden with a big axe.... :knuppel2: :knuppel2:  >:( >:(

lol..  I know what you mean, it drives you nuts doesn't it.  :knuppel2: I often wonder just how much it costs the likes of Epson to fill one of those piddle ar$ed little cartridges, and how much profit they make on it.  I think they are missing trick here, and if they want you to buy their printers, then make them the most economical printer to run.  I think Kodak is doing this ATM.  :idea:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.