• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 129
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 126
  • Total: 126
parkcameras
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Howard, that's a terrible thing to have happened.  Hope he get over this very quickly.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Beryl

How awful. Hope he soon recovers
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Hinfrance

Thanks for the support one and all. He now has a plate in his jaw, and will be out of hospital today sometime. :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Tringle WP on April 04, 2011, 06:25:07 AM
Thanks for the support one and all. He now has a plate in his jaw, and will be out of hospital today sometime. :tup:

Here is wishing him a speedy recovery.

I hope someone comes forward or CTTV catches the thugs. Unfortunately there is far to much bullying in this world, and little free will, to nip it in the bud properly before people get hurt.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

jinky

Got my Nikon engineers reply stating they found particles of grit / sand and this can affact VR mechanism and charge still applies although they understand how I care for my lenses. No answer to my query of how grit could get into thelens when I have no recollection of having this lens near grit and send and it being a pro level lens Grrrr.
Even worse no reply at all from my emails to the CEO of Nikon UK  >:(

Thought I`d join in this signature thing  :D

Hinfrance

Quote from: jinky on April 04, 2011, 09:14:57 AM
Got my Nikon engineers reply stating they found particles of grit / sand and this can affact VR mechanism and charge still applies although they understand how I care for my lenses. No answer to my query of how grit could get into thelens when I have no recollection of having this lens near grit and send and it being a pro level lens Grrrr.
Even worse no reply at all from my emails to the CEO of Nikon UK  >:(

Thought I`d join in this signature thing  :D

That's just cr*p service. Surely these lenses are supposed to be environmentally sealed? And when they say 'charge' are they talking telephone numbers?

My boy says that the local plod have shown a reasonable amount of interest in apprehending his attackers - so we'll see. He's in good spirits anyway.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Yes £325 for a lens that cost me £868 six months ago and is probably my lightest used. I just don`t understand how the grit/sand got in there. They sent me hugely magnified pics of it at first stage dismantle but have not been into the VR unit. As it worked fine bar a brief jitter on start up I`ve said no initially to paying and am arguing for it and will involve CAB or the like at some stage. Don`t know when I`ll see my lens back though

krennon

H hope your son recovers quickly having been the victim of a random attack myself many years ago I know what its like, I got away lightly though just a black eye and a fat lip...

Jinky can't believe Nikon are behaving like that I would definately seek the advice of the CAB and maybe try Kingston office of fair trading as well as Nikon are based in Kingston upon Thames...(my home town)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

jinky

The CEO has now intervened and is "seeking a compromise" so they are holding on tolens until discussions with service manager takes place. he has contacted me to state that he still considers the lens an out of warranty repair so I am guessing they are just going to reduce the price >:(
trouble is I need the lens back now working as it was or repaired. i needed it for last Friday`s job ideally!

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on April 04, 2011, 03:17:47 PM
The CEO has now intervened and is "seeking a compromise" so they are holding on tolens until discussions with service manager takes place. he has contacted me to state that he still considers the lens an out of warranty repair so I am guessing they are just going to reduce the price >:(
trouble is I need the lens back now working as it was or repaired. i needed it for last Friday`s job ideally!

Just checked my warranty on the Nikon 70-200mm F2.8 VR and it states one year, as far as I know this includes all lenses. As yours is less than six months old it's still under international warranty. Speak to CAB as under the terms of the Sale of Goods Act you can not only claim a new lens to replace it, but also any costs incured by you including loss of business. Not sure if you have registered for the Nikon Pro scheme, if you have then check out the terms and conditions as that has a few extras which could help.  :tup:

jinky

Warehouse Express have petitioned for me but they have sent me photos clearly showing grit / sand particles magnified in there and are sticking to guns. I am at a loss as to how they are in there and cannot see which parts they are but I`ll see what they come up with. I just want my lens back even as it was

irv_b

Sorry to hear about your lad Howard. I hope they get the bastards and someone gives them good kicking too because that the only language they seem to understand- my youngest was intimidated by 3 three older boys on the way home from school the other day they ran off when a passerby intervened >:(
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Oldboy

The fact they send you pictures of the grit/sand isn't the issue. If it's a pro lens, then no sand or grit should have got in. If it did then it must be a fault of manufacture. End of story. Quote the Sale of Goods Act, which states that if you buy something which should last 7 years but breaks down after a year and a day, you can still claim it was of poor quality in reference to the durability aspect. If all else fails then tell both Warehouse Express and Nikon you will pass all the emails onto WatchDog on BBC television.  Remember your contract is with Warehouse Express and what they should do is replace the lens and ague the case with Nikon, not stand back and wash their hands of responsibility. >:(

Beryl

The fire alarm went off on every floor of both buildings today at 5 am. That was it . No more sleep  :'(  That was a false alarm

Then when the  ....................well the..............didn't rise and the sky was dark and dreary all day.  :knuppel2:

A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

spinner

The cat, myself.  Despite being highly allergic to cats I forgot again, and petted my daughter's cat. Now my eyeballs are bright red and so itchy I want to pluck them out! :'( :o
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.