• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 97
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 100
  • Total: 100
Wish
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Interesting reactions chaps.

The videos have been attracting negative comments at a rate of more than 3-1. Which shows, if nothing else that AGW is a minority religion. And like all religions it wants to kill apostates and unbelievers. It's interesting that the faithful find it amusing, and everyone else finds it sick.

So, tell me, if this was posted by Al Qaeda and the children holding up their hands were Christians saying they wouldn't be celebrating Ramadan, before being blown to bits, it would still be hilarious, right?

The 90+ strong team, led by the creator of 'The Age of Stupid' (was there ever a film more ironically titled?) and Richard Curtis would all be true believers, so no, I don't think for a second that they had the first idea of the storm of protest that this tasteless piece of propaganda would draw.

The film is aimed at children. And the message is that anyone who doesn't toe the AGW line will be eliminated.

Jonathan, it is a perfect viral video, but not for the benefit of the vicious idiots who created it.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Since children spend time on their games consoles exterminating alien life forms or killing people for fun I doubt this stupid and obscene video will have the slightest effect on them, in fact it may amuse them and push them further from the harsh realities of life.

Jonathan

I actually had to Google AGW to find out what it meant.

>> So, tell me, if this was posted by Al Qaeda and the children holding up their hands were Christians saying they wouldn't be celebrating Ramadan, before being blown to bits, it would still be hilarious, right?

Um, well, Spitting Image did stuff like that way before YouTube.  And Python before them.  So yeah, I guess people would laugh.  But then IIRC Al Qaeda are an illegal organisation so they may not laugh much.  (Actually I don't think Christians can celebrate ramadan in any true sense.  They would have to convert for it to have meaning.)

It's fast approaching the season when we celebrate burning Catholics so who knows?

I'd never heard of Age of Stupid either but I've heard of Franny Armstrong and enjoyed McLibel so I'll check it out - thanks for that.

>> The videos have been attracting negative comments at a rate of more than 3-1. Which shows, if nothing else that AGW is a minority religion. And like all religions it wants to kill apostates and unbelievers.

What were the stats on the infamous "hello Boys" Wonderbra ad?  Lots of people complained but some people approved.  I don't think a 3:1 complaint rate is actually the criterion for a religion or for killing apostates.  Otherwise Billy Conolly would be subject of a fatwa for his Kalibre advert.  Mind you there are those who believe that anybody involved with a low alcohol beer that tastes of soap should be put to the sword.
It's Guest's round

anglefire

I read in the paper today that the new laws outlawing pretty much everything that goes on in life, let alone an office are going to be put into law.

As I read it, almost all comments in the newspapers would be illegal, as would this video.

Frankly, that idea appals me more than this, pretty tame in the scheme of things, video does. 
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Alfonso_Frisk

WAMT?
The latch on the battery compartment of my MB200 grip has broken and I nearly lost the batteries over the estuary wall.
Looks like a roll of gaffa tape and some laggy bands will be an addition to the cam bag.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

anglefire

This has moved from the bemused thread.

I am now very annoyed, not just from the fact that my car is not ready - excuse was the wrong seals were sent, but more that I had to ring them at 4:45to find out.

I had a weekend planned around having the car - Saturday to replace something on it (Intercooler) But sunday, I was off greenlaning in Northamptionshire.

And Monday I was due in Essex. Now I have to go in the wifes car.

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

bones615

Bl00dy lawnmower, always spend longer tinkering with it than actually cutting grass, today = 2 hours tinkering & less than 1 hour mowing. Its old but cuts really well compared to the electric one so i would hate to get rid.
Anyway I hope thats the last time this year.

Simon

Graham

Quote from: bones615 on October 10, 2010, 03:10:56 PM
Bl00dy lawnmower, always spend longer tinkering with it than actually cutting grass, today = 2 hours tinkering & less than 1 hour mowing. Its old but cuts really well compared to the electric one so i would hate to get rid.
Anyway I hope thats the last time this year.

Simon
What you need is a realy good LAWN MOWER REPAIR MAN! I do know of such a person........but I believe he's a bit tied up at the moment tinkering with something called "Code"?!       
                                  As Ever.   Graham. :dance:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

bones615

I think I know the repair man you mentioned but I am too tight to buy the spares let alone pay somebody to fit them, and considering the value of the mower its not worth doing. The thing is I am a bloke & its got an engine, who needs the cissy little electric thing in the shed.

Simon

Graham

Quote from: bones615 on October 10, 2010, 07:06:17 PM
I think I know the repair man you mentioned but I am too tight to buy the spares let alone pay somebody to fit them, and considering the value of the mower its not worth doing. The thing is I am a bloke & its got an engine, who needs the cissy little electric thing in the shed.

Simon
Oh, I see....good point!
                          Graham. :2funny:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

A troll on PR site and their POTY competition. Suffice to say I guess I am not getting any further than the shortlisting stage in POTY. This guy seems to know my pictures better than me as my own filing system let me down. Seems he was disturbed greatly by not having any of his images shortlisted. Started by having had a go about "professionals"  being allowed to enter and seeing me as one because I dare to offer "professional services " on my devloping website that has been moribund for months as I delay yet further any attempt at advertsing for work. I made the mistake of replying and saying  in various posts "leave it to the judges". He then surprised me by telling me that my entry had already been a winner in a major competition. I had to then look up my files and his links to see what he was on about and found that I had uploaded one of a large set that included 3 exposures for a proposed HDR. I have to accept that technically he was right though I had uploaded a processed a2 stop underexposed shot I had not recalled using before and still in that folder for any use. My confusions shows on these image comments where I thought I had used it at Focus to get a workshop prize ( using the link within showed it was a different shot in fact)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jinkyjim9/4211701906/

Anyway I`ve been in discussion with the organisers highlighting my thinking and lack of any intent to deceive and an issue raised by another guy who had entered a shot shortlisted which had got the same commendation / prize from Photo Answers who had been cleared by the chief judge to submit. He has subsequently withdrawn his image but I am leaving it to them. I guess even if it stays in there`ll be no prize. They had asked me if they could use it in next months Digital Camera magazine with a self portrait / few owrds but I`ve suggested they may be digging a hole for themselves.

I`ve had nice PMs from PR staff accepting that I am genuine but hate the idea that this guy can besmirch my name and get people callin g for disqualification as if I was a deliberate cheat. Ah well another dream goes but at least I can say I was shortlisted with an original image that wasn`t plaguerised. Lesson in this for me is to clean up my photo storage folders and make a record of what images I enter where and move other versions of them from folders at the same time I move any lucky enough to win  prizes however small :'(

The other lesson is that there is no accounting for the petty jealousies and vindictiveness of others thwarted in their aspirations.I`ve just recently returned to doing the fun weekly competitions there but fear I`ll have to abandon the site again in the light of this and how others might view me. At least it`s not a great site I am leaving.

Hinfrance

Don't let the buggers grind you down Paul. enjoy the footie tomorrow and ignore the troll - best thing you can do.

The PR contest is always going to throw up controversy and dispute - 120k entries and only one winner - how one earth, realistically, could you choose just one from that lot?

To be honest I've been looking through the short list and there are a lot of familiar 'pro' names in there. And a lot of images where I struggle to understand what possible connection they can have to the section they are in. And, of course, there are some pictures that I think are truly awful, but more that I would have been proud to have produced myself.

I looked through the entries I put in, and I am quite satisfied that in my stronger areas that my pictures are at least the equal of anything that has been chosen so far. Last year I was shortlisted, and it is a nice feeling. But at the same time I was more than aware that this contest is effectively a lottery.

And, yes, that it brings out the worst in some people. As Terry Pratchett says 'you can always find someone who will disagree with anything'. Looks like you found one :)

And I hope that you have done your 'after dark' picture for this week's challenge here ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Cheers H. I`m over it now and know what you say is right. I have to learn not to react to people but I hate that sort of attitude. As I`ve said mine was never likely to get the 10k prize so I`ll get over it and there will be many better shots  that were never looked at - I`d just like to be able to tell the guy what a pratt he is! Still - lessons learned but no totally forgot to do my nightshot. We pros just never have time you know  ;) - well he said I was a pro so I must be. Wonder when the money rolls in?

I see I`ve still got time for my nightshot so will try tomorrow.

skellum

Well we have both been wound up then... :2funny:  As H said just forget about it.  I will be out for a few pints later and a game or two of pool but not before I check all the horizons on my landscape shots... ;D

Oldboy

Quote from: Dave on October 14, 2010, 07:23:13 PM
 I will be out for a few pints later and a game or two of pool but not before I check all the horizons on my landscape shots... ;D

If you check them after you've had a few pints they will look perfect!  :2funny: :2funny:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.