• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 234
  • Total: 234
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT - SIMPLICITY - Weekly Competition Monday 26/8 TO Sunday 1/9 2013.

Started by kerbside, August 24, 2013, 02:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerbside

This week's theme is SIMPLICITY.

Any interpretation of the theme will be accepted.

No restrictions on Post Processing. I think this offers possibilities in all sorts of 'photo styles, THE SIMPLER THE BETTER.

Please note I have posted this early (Saturday) as I am off on holiday so please read below. Reinardina has offered to do the poll for me, thank you.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 26th August 2013 to 23:59 Sunday 1st September 2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 2nd September 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 3rd September 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 7th September. 2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Jediboy

Congrats on the win Jeff.
Like the theme. Wonder if I can take a photo of the inside of my head?? ;D
May the Force be with you.

Chris

DigiDiva

When god was giving out brains, I thought he said games, so I asked for a simple one.......
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Jediboy

When God was giving out Brains, I thought he said a trains, and asked for a slow one! :D
May the Force be with you.

Chris

spikeyjen

shame this one wasn't a few weeks ago, that was our club theme....

this was one of my entries, I know I can't use it for this competition

kerbside

Spikeyjen, yes that would of been a perfect entry, no clutter, great.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

Beaux Reflets

Getting every where at the moment, I'm in with the simplicity of the Bindweed flower.

Calystegia Sepium

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

DigiDiva

Reinardina....I know we have had a few sparing matches and don't always see eye to eye, but I must say.......your photography has improved dramatically and I take my hat off to you. Well done and keep it up. I'm really 'seeing' your work and think you have a good eye for what works really well. U R a dark horse.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

Quote from: DigiDiva on August 30, 2013, 10:44:53 PM
Reinardina....I know we have had a few sparing matches and don't always see eye to eye, but I must say.......your photography has improved dramatically and I take my hat off to you. Well done and keep it up. I'm really 'seeing' your work and think you have a good eye for what works really well. U R a dark horse.

Thank you Chris.
I'm still learning, trying things out and experimenting all the time. Often getting it very wrong. But when I realise that something isn't right, the images won't leave my hard drive, so no one knows about them, giving the impression I'm much better than I am!

And about my 'good eye;' I literally have distorted vision, I see everything round a blind spot, which means I do not see straight lines, they're all bent. Maybe seeing things differently helps?

And yes, I am a very dark horse, lurking in the shadows, waiting to pounce!

Oldboy

Very well said.  :tup:  :-*

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on August 31, 2013, 09:44:25 AM

Very well said.  :tup:  :-*

:)

jinky

kerbside

As i set the theme this week i thought that i had better enter so i have taken this pic and processed it in my campervan whilst on holiday, now thats dedication to the weekly competition.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.