• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 48
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 37
  • Total: 37
bhphotovideo
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 05, 2014, 06:57:10 PM
Can't you just dial the adjustments in and carry on? My Pentaxes remember the settings for each individual lens, I can't imagine that Nikons are any less capable.

You can indeed Howard but I`ve set them for some lenses at the maximum -20 and a couple could do with more. Too far out to tolerate and it has become a problem using them at wide apertures for weddings as if anything it seems to have gotten worse. Nikon say you should not need to use the fine tune to such extremes and as it`s under warranty that came free with the camera....

Hinfrance

Hope it comes back fixed properly and in a timely manner.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

What a wonderful set of pictures, thanks for the steer Oldboy.

Like the fact that in the picture of her stall she called herself Mrs Albert  Broom, those were the days when Married women knew their place!

Also the Mary Popplns splayed feet of the policewomen of the day.

Sandy

Thanks for the link, I really liked the female police officers

Oldboy

Glad you all liked the photos.  :tup:

Quote from: Sandy on December 12, 2014, 05:48:09 PM
Thanks for the link, I really liked the female police officers

I wouldn't fancy having my collar felt by the lady police officers, as they look very stern to say the least!  :D

deetus

Thanks for the link OB, my particular favourite is the portrait of Miss Pankhurst.  :tup:

Sandy

I spoke to a member of my camera club about the link and he pointed out that Maidstone museum has a collection of her glass plates. Maidstone Camera Club has finished a project of copying all the glass plates and one member produced a AV of her photographs which he has taken around camera clubs.

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 06, 2014, 01:09:01 PM
Hope it comes back fixed properly and in a timely manner.

Got an email from the repairers in Glasgow asking for approval to repair and quoting £151! Being a Saturday no-ne is in their office so rang HDEW cmaeras and spoke to the actual owner of HDEW who said they should have sent it to them and he would be following it up but send hima acopy to give them the go ahead at their expense and by the way did I want my £11 postage back for sending it to Johnstones in Glasgow. With all the worries you see about grey import firms I am hoping the camera comes back fixed and seem to have written back up for it being at HDEWs expense as part of their 3 year warranty given. I`ll let you know if I have any problems but at this stage seems the HDEW back up is good and the owner was very friendly / supportive.

donoreo

"You have no events scheduled today".  At least not work related since I am done being on call until January now. 

Oldboy

Quote from: donoreo on December 13, 2014, 11:58:37 AM
"You have no events scheduled today". 

Oh! Yes you have....like getting everything ready for Christmas.  ;D

spinner

Finally got off my arse and started painting my master bedroom, in anticipation of new flooring being laid next week.  ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

donoreo

Quote from: Oldboy on December 13, 2014, 06:15:50 PM
Quote from: donoreo on December 13, 2014, 11:58:37 AM
"You have no events scheduled today". 

Oh! Yes you have....like getting everything ready for Christmas.  ;D
I thought that was like weddings, men just show up and it happens?  :)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.