• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 33
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 32
  • Total: 32
  • Google
Wish
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Something I've never managed - well done!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jediboy

Quote from: spikeyjen on October 01, 2014, 10:47:54 PM
Been shortlisted for an image in a magazine - first time ever (happy dance here)

Good skills. Well done.  ;) :tup:
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Jediboy

WMMFGT - I got commended in court for helping to save someone's life after I witnessed a lorry roll over onto its side.

Chris

Reinardina

Quote from: Jediboy on October 02, 2014, 07:01:43 PM
WMMFGT - I got commended in court for helping to save someone's life after I witnessed a lorry roll over onto its side.

Now that is really something! Puts photography in the shade. Well done!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Jediboy on October 02, 2014, 07:01:43 PM

At least ten foot tall.  :tup:

Well done Jediboy.  :beer: :tup:

spikeyjen

Jediboy, that's wonderful, most people would walk away. Its great that you get acknowledged for it and we get to know a real hero

jinky

Well done Jediboy - you need a superhero costume to go with the user name now  ;)

Hinfrance

Quote from: jinky on October 03, 2014, 09:39:42 AM
Well done Jediboy - you need a superhero costume to go with the user name now  ;)

Ditto ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

:tup: Nice to get some well desrved recognition.

Jediboy

Chris

Reinardina

What made me feel good yesterday: I came home in the pouring rain, carrying a large, heavy, awkward box, which had become wet and slippery. (Public transport, so had had a walk in the rain, to get to the bus stop.) 
When I reached the front door, I found it was held open for me, by the post man.
"Are you all right?" he asked.
He then took the box off me, and carried it all the way to my (fourth floor) front door. Eschewing the lift, but hopping up the stairs 'to keep fit.'

Gentlemen do still exist: they drive small red vans!

ABERS

Have a look at

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-29647931

and find out how things have changed in the entertainment world.

Can't seem to find out what was on TV when I was born, I think John Logie Baird was just putting the final tweaks to his invention ::).

Radio was fascinating though, a talk on the cultivation of mushrooms, a programme of Gramophone records, and to end the day a play, The Importance Of Being Earnest with some up and coming young actor John Geilgud, then bed at 11.05.

Those were the days ;)

The benefit of very little TV was the fact that you weren't bombarded with monotonous repetitions of dancing, baking, antiques, useless wannabees either trying to gain fame or be apprentices to some meglomaniacal millionaire.

Were you a Dick Barton fan and did you revel in the crazy world of the Goons?

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on October 17, 2014, 08:40:19 AM
Were you a Dick Barton fan and did you revel in the crazy world of the Goons?

No. For me it was 'Journey Into Space'.  ;D

Hinfrance

Excellent link Abers - the TV was boring even back when I first appeared in the world.

BTW, JLB's TV system was a dead end - Philo Farnsworth invented the TV system we all know and *love*
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Reinardina

I haven't watched more than four hours TV, since the beginning of April. Can't say I miss it.

And yes, when I was a child, the radio was the in thing. I remember the Dutch version of an English detective series, was very popular. Paul Vlaanderen was the detective's name; Paul Temple was the original I think.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.