• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 33
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 34
  • Total: 34
  • Google
bhphotovideo
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donoreo

Quote from: krennon on June 04, 2014, 04:43:43 PM
WMMFGT well for those of you that know me you will know I have been quiet and absent for some time on here due to my wife and I going through the adoption process..Well we went  to approval panel today and got a unanimous yes from the panel...so wowsers chuffed to bits over the moon and now on the come down from all the nerves, anxiety and adrenaline that has been pumping through our veins.  :2funny: :dance: We now start the matching process and will be chasing the social worker very shortly on a potential match we have found of 2 girls (the other sibling group  of 3 we were interested in fell through)...Will probably still be absent for a while but will try to pop in now and then  :D
Keith
That is great for you and for them.  Give them a good family. 

Jediboy

Great news Keith. Well done and enjoy.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Alfonso_Frisk

Fantastic news for all concerned Keith. Enjoy the journey
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Oldboy

Well done krennon hope it all goes through quick.  :tup:

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Karen

How exciting for you both Keith good luck.

Sold Samsung kit today only sorry it wasn't to Tony  :'(

DigiDiva

Excellent news Keith, when your child comes home you will fell complete.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

deetus

Having the weekend off work. Might even get to use the camera.  :)

Andrew

Excellent news on the adoption Keith. That must surely be the best excuse for not participating in a forum?

Having raised 2 daughters and now having 3 grand children, I can say that parenthood has very few down sides.
Even the teenage tantrums seem amusing when I look back on them.

Though having the girls remind me they are now 30 and are not beholden to my opinions, and reminding me that any 'endearing qualities they may have' are only there because of how I raised them can be infuriating at times - especially when they say it with a gloating smile.  ;D
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Cabbyjohn

Reading about this gentleman made me feel good and brought a smile to my face. It's lovely to see that at 89 years old he still has the spirit and gumption that saw him and others like him through the war.  :tup:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2650882/D-Day-veteran-89-reported-missing-care-home-staff-told-travel-France-Normandy-escaping-joining-friends.html

Reinardina

Quote from: Cabbyjohn on June 07, 2014, 08:30:56 AM

Reading about this gentleman made me feel good and brought a smile to my face. It's lovely to see that at 89 years old he still has the spirit and gumption that saw him and others like him through the war.  :tup:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2650882/D-Day-veteran-89-reported-missing-care-home-staff-told-travel-France-Normandy-escaping-joining-friends.html

I read it in the paper this morning. Good for him, but I was furious, that care staff had decided he couldn't go! Treating a person like a toddler, simply because he's old.
At least he proved them wrong; he could go, he did go and put the meddling care staff to national, or even international shame.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on June 07, 2014, 11:07:27 AM
Quote from: Cabbyjohn on June 07, 2014, 08:30:56 AM

I read it in the paper this morning. Good for him, but I was furious, that care staff had decided he couldn't go! Treating a person like a toddler, simply because he's old.
At least he proved them wrong; he could go, he did go and put the meddling care staff to national, or even international shame.

No, the care home staff didn't say he couldn't go - that's just the press bigging up the story. He didn't put himself down for the official British Legion trip and decided to go at the last minute. The care home told the police he was missing as they didn't know he had gone to France. Someone in France contacted the care home to let them know he was safe and well.  :2funny:

Jediboy

Oldboy is right.
But what a wonderfully uplifting story. I watched quite a lot of this on tv yesterday, most of it with a tear in my eye.

Chris

Jediboy

Quote from: Reinardina on June 04, 2014, 07:52:46 AM
Quote from: Jediboy on June 01, 2014, 10:48:23 PM
Rugby Jeff. Northampton Saints rugby. Don't really do football.

Funny, Southampton Saints play football. (As in soccer.)

No problem Jeff. I'm still on a high after that. Northampton doesn't have much to shout about but this was a bit special.  :) :)
R - there's only one Saints. And they're from Northampton.  ;)

Chris

Andrew

Quote from: Jediboy on June 07, 2014, 08:30:26 PM
Oldboy is right.
But what a wonderfully uplifting story. I watched quite a lot of this on tv yesterday, most of it with a tear in my eye.

See, the story works better with the care home banning him from going, because then yuo get:

If the Germans couldn't keep him out of France, how were a few orderleys gonna keep him in a care hone?  :tup: :beer: :knuppel2: :legit:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.