• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 37
  • Total: 37
photobox
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on May 09, 2014, 08:11:44 AM
Being informed that I have two prints accepted in the 2014 London Salon of Photography.

The one in particular that has done well so far this year

It was published in the February edition of B+W Magazine, accepted in the Surrey SPA bi-annual Exhibition, took top marks in a monthly club competition, to date has had over 8000 views on Flickr (however that's calculated) , now the London Salon and the cherry on the cake it got one vote in the CC weekly competition entitled Trees.

That last item made me think perhaps I'd got something worth looking at.  ;)

Congratulations Alan; well deserved success.

Most of the CC compers are probably not ready yet, for images that are too far off the 'beaten track.' (Personal opinion only, I hasten to add!)

I have to correct you though, as you got double the amount of votes: two instead of one!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Congratulations on the success of your picture Alan.

Graham - slide scanner - great success with slides - took me less than half an hour to scan about 400 on high quality standard resolution (the film stock wasn't worth a higher setting). It didn't like the Dixons slides, too thin, I had to run them through the loader one at a time, but that was really easy anyway. Fuji slides loaded about 20 at a time and click, click, click they were done.

Negative scanning is a tad slower because you have to load the film into the 5 frame carriers, but after that the process is pretty quick. I'll have a look for a few scans to upload.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Andrew

Congrats on your achievement Alan - looks like one from your IR portfolio - if not, then some impressive processing in LR.

It's always interesting to see what people make of a picture - 1 or 2 on CC? Who knows, depends who's voting that week - but then we've had that conversation a few times at your exhibitions  ::)
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

ABERS

Quote from: Andrew on May 09, 2014, 05:42:14 PM
Congrats on your achievement Alan - looks like one from your IR portfolio - if not, then some impressive processing in LR.

It's always interesting to see what people make of a picture - 1 or 2 on CC? Who knows, depends who's voting that week - but then we've had that conversation a few times at your exhibitions  ::)

Not I/R Andrew, just a straightforward shot just with a tweak or two with contrast and dimension.

The other selected image did have a little help in PS and L/R not that anyone would notice. ::)

I called it The Selectors, having a little dig at how they appear to entrants!

Thanks for the kind remarks folks :tup:

Oldboy

These flying over Swan pool in the sunshine.  :tup: ;D

jinky

Well done Abers - love the Selectors image. Horses for courses re comp one / comments / votes. Often more to do with how people see it fitting the brief rather than the quality of the image.

Jediboy

Quote from: Oldboy on May 09, 2014, 10:32:16 PM
These flying over Swan pool in the sunshine.  :tup: ;D

There is a place near us (Wellingborough) called Swanspool. It's near the embankment and an mill and there are hundreds of swans and other birds there. A great place. Nice photos.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Andrew

Quote from: ABERS on May 09, 2014, 06:39:21 PM
Quote from: Andrew on May 09, 2014, 05:42:14 PM

Not I/R Andrew, just a straightforward shot just with a tweak or two with contrast and dimension.

The other selected image did have a little help in PS and L/R not that anyone would notice. ::)

I called it The Selectors, having a little dig at how they appear to entrants!

Thanks for the kind remarks folks :tup:

Ah yes the chairs - but as processed with a more 'human' look. A lovely shot and certainly one I wouldn't have spotted for all the tea in China.
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!

Karen

My free lens arrived from fuji

Graham

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Karen

55-200mm been out with it today ...well impressed.

jinky

Enjoy it. I think I'm decided to wait for xt1 prices to go down but must admit I am tempted by this lensd offer.

Andrew

Quote from: jinky on May 16, 2014, 01:44:01 PM
Enjoy it. I think I'm decided to wait for xt1 prices to go down but must admit I am tempted by this lensd offer.

can't say i blame you - as much as i love my X-Pro 1, if i were buying today i would get the XT-1...

Karen

I couldnt resist lens offer, its not often you find such a good offer. The x-e2 does everything I need it to do, the size is perfect just what I was after. Both lenses are sharp as a tack and overall I dont regret not going for the xt1.
Just need to sell this Samsung now  ::)

Hinfrance

I'm sure it will go soon - it strikes me as excellent value.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.