• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 55
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 56
  • Total: 56
7ds
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Jediboy

Quote from: donoreo on May 05, 2014, 04:24:47 PM
Quote from: Jediboy on May 05, 2014, 02:28:55 PM
I found my battery charger!!  :D
Which must mean you have already ordered a new one!

Strangely enough no! Which is strange because that's what normally happens.
I found it under the bed in one of the kids rooms. So at least I know who to blame.  :knuppel2:
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Hinfrance

It's Eurovision week! I absolutely love it in all its bizarre weirdness. I expect you can get last night's semi final on iplayer in case you were unlucky enough to miss it live :)

The Netherands' effort near the end is particularly good.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 07, 2014, 07:41:19 AM
It's Eurovision week! I absolutely love it in all its bizarre weirdness. I expect you can get last night's semi final on iplayer in case you were unlucky enough to miss it live :)

The Netherands' effort near the end is particularly good.

Is it really? Hope they don't win. In the present economical situation, it might bankrupt them.

In the past, I used to listen to Terry Wogan's acerbic comments for a while, but never managed to sit through the whole show.
Too weird and too tedious.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

It's an acquired taste I grant you. Sweden's entry was really good too.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

How long did it take you to acquire the taste?

First time Holland won was in the fifties, Eurovision was still new then. Singers in evening dress with evening gloves, static mike, orchestra etc.
And judged by people in the music industry.

Don't think a song in a minority language like Dutch, would stand a chance this day and age.

Just had a look at his, and could not really believe how things have changed. It's definitely more colourful and dynamic these days, but I don't think a lot of it is music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwN1UeN5J_o

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Like the video Re.

I've always liked Eurovision. It used to be so serious, but it evolved. Now some take it seriously - mostly the more eastern nations, and some just play for laughs - France probably being the most extreme example of late.

Don't forget  the second semi final is on tonight :tup:

WMMFGT was getting a slide and negative scanner from Lidl for €29.95. Time to get archiving!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Graham

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 08, 2014, 12:34:54 PM

WMMFGT was getting a slide and negative scanner from Lidl for €29.95. Time to get archiving!

Ooh, let me know how you get on. They sometimes have them at the Lidl down the road.  :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Andrew

Quote from: Graham on May 08, 2014, 02:56:37 PM

Ooh, let me know how you get on. They sometimes have them at the Lidl down the road.  :)
Blimey - dodn't know so many people had archiving to do... I'm about to list my Epson 4490 scanner on eBay cos i've done with all my prints and slides.
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Hinfrance

Quote from: Graham on May 08, 2014, 02:56:37 PM

Wilco snap captain.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

ABERS

Being informed that I have two prints accepted in the 2014 London Salon of Photography.

The one in particular that has done well so far this year

It was published in the February edition of B+W Magazine, accepted in the Surrey SPA bi-annual Exhibition, took top marks in a monthly club competition, to date has had over 8000 views on Flickr (however that's calculated) , now the London Salon and the cherry on the cake it got one vote in the CC weekly competition entitled Trees.

That last item made me think perhaps I'd got something worth looking at.  ;)

Sandy

Well done thats great news

Sandy

Beaux Reflets

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Jediboy

Well done Abers.
God work indeed.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

donoreo

Well done.  Enjoy the exposure  ;)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.