• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 48
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 30
  • Total: 30
photobox
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglefire

Quote from: Graham on March 29, 2014, 03:29:58 PM
Quote from: anglefire on March 29, 2014, 01:26:47 PM
More this week - bought a new camera - was planning to get it for my next big birthday, but there was an offer on at WEX, so it's come a year early  :tup:

Just got to work out how to drive it properly now! :dance:

Oh, I should perhaps say it is a 1Dx. 8)

Ooh Nice!

Anyway. "Next big birthday"....60?      :hb1:   :legit:

I'm not that old  :doh:

No the next big one is 50 - just a bit over a year actually, I'm not 49 till April ;D

First impressions are very positive - first shot was at ISO4000 - and whilst not noise free, did clean up very well in LR5

And the focus is stunning - coming from the MkIII it is night and day. And even focus's in very dim conditions - which the MkIII would have struggled with.

Very happy  :tup:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Having decided to bin or sell for scrap my Epson 2480 scanner, now that I have a 64bit system and Epson don't do a driver for it (and not wishing to pay through the nose for a 3rd party solution, I did a Bing rather than Google search for a solution and found one. It's a really old driver from Epson for Vista that does support both the scanner and a 64bit system. So hurrah for epson12204.exe :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Nice one H. Must do same with my Epson that has been sat on my worktop unconnected forever it seems. Mines an Epson 1260 - do you know if that same driver would work on that scanner by any chance H?

Hinfrance

I think it might Paul. Give it a try. If you cannot find it online, hopefully you can find it HERE in my public dropbox.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Very kind H. I`ll try it - if you can give me tips on how to do it! :-[ It says I can save it - what do I do with it then?

Hinfrance

Paul, save it, then locate it in file manager and double click it to run it, agreeing to the permissions requests. Make sure that your scanner is not connected until after you have the driver installed. Then connect your scanner, wait for Windows to report that the device has correctly installed (let's hope it manages that bit, otherwise it won't work). Following that you should be able to call for a TWAIN scan (WIA isn't supported) from any supporting programme, like photoshop, or scan directly from the Epson Scan icon on your desktop.

The interface looks very old fashioned, but it seems to work for most people.

Good luck.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

krennon

Hi all Well first of all HELLO EVERBODY

Sorry I haven't been on for AGES but this is due to the fact that my photography has taken a big fat back seat...because of the adoption process so where are we....well our social worker who is absolutely fantastic is aiming to get me and Mrs F to panel at the beginning of June  :o with a view if we are approved to take on a sibling group of 3 children aged 6, 4 and 19 months  :o :o and obviously I can't go into more details on a semi-public forum.So things on this front are proceeding nicely which we are obviously very pleased about.
What else mmfgt was that I was asked at work on Fri by a colleague if I had any prints that she could maybe buy of London Landmarks so I dug out a few and also thought in for a penny in for a pound I took some other shots that are mounted etc that have been entered in print comps and may have got a few extra sales of the back of that so feeling very very chuffed and actually honoured that people I work with feel my photos are worthy of buying and hanging on their walls imo the greatest compliment that can be made....I did get one person say "You must have a good camera" though and immediately thought of the old "photographer gets invited to dinner and says "You must have a good cooker" joke.... ;D
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Graham

You're going to take on 3!  :o Then Sir (And Mrs Sir) I salute you.  :tup:
  We've just got a 3 month old puppy and I'm run ragged!
  Good luck with it and well done on the pic sales. :dance:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

Thomann. Thomann is the German online music store where I get most of my music software and equipment.

They give a 3 year warranty. But, as I am sure you know, online stores can be a pain to deal with when something goes wrong.

Not Thomann. I have a pair of studio grade headphones, but unfortunately the connecting cable has developed a fault. Yesterday I sent a repair request. They usually email a prepaid return label, but this morning they got in touch and said they were just going to sent a replacement. All I had to do was keep the broken 'phones for 60 days, in case they want to examine the fault (they probably won't), then do what I want with them.

Customer service is alive and well, at least in small pockets.  :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 02, 2014, 08:36:08 AM
Thomann. Thomann is the German online music store where I get most of my music software and equipment.

Customer service is alive and well, at least in small pockets.  :tup:

Sounds like they look after you pretty well Howard.  I will check them out when I get around to purchasing some new music gear.  The prices look pretty good tbh, in fact it's worth paying a bit more sometimes just for the after care.

And. I've sent you a PM.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Hinfrance

Cheers Mick, PM will be dealt with asap.

Thomann are usually pretty competitive on price and I do find their service exceptional to be honest. Some of their cheapo guitars and other bits are best avoided if poss, but some are outstanding, like that Honey coloured HB450Plus LP copy I keep taking pictures of - it's just so gorgeous!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Andrew

Quote from: anglefire on March 29, 2014, 06:49:43 PM
Quote from: Graham on March 29, 2014, 03:29:58 PM
Quote from: anglefire on March 29, 2014, 01:26:47 PM
More this week - bought a new camera - was planning to get it for my next big birthday, but there was an offer on at WEX, so it's come a year early  :tup:

Just got to work out how to drive it properly now! :dance:

Oh, I should perhaps say it is a 1Dx. 8)

Ooh Nice!

Anyway. "Next big birthday"....60?      :hb1:   :legit:

I'm not that old  :doh:

No the next big one is 50 - just a bit over a year actually, I'm not 49 till April ;D

First impressions are very positive - first shot was at ISO4000 - and whilst not noise free, did clean up very well in LR5

And the focus is stunning - coming from the MkIII it is night and day. And even focus's in very dim conditions - which the MkIII would have struggled with.

Very happy  :tup:

Congrats on the birthday and acquisition of the 1Dx.

I got to play with it several times when Canon were previewing it. As you say, it ireally is night and day so fsr as ISO goes.
I would have happily used the 57600 as a standard night time setting, and not been afraid to push the 200k+ top ISO.

It is an extremely well built and very capable camera - and would likely be the only thing to drag me back to Canon (i'm very much enjoying my light weight Fuji X-Pro 1 set up).
It also felt very nicely laid out as well in my hands - and not as heavy as some might think.

Good luck with it and look forward to seeing your enjoyment pixelated  :tup:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Andrew

Quote from: krennon on March 31, 2014, 07:21:09 PM
Hi all Well first of all HELLO EVERBODY

Sorry I haven't been on for AGES but this is due to the fact that my photography has taken a big fat back seat...because of the adoption process so where are we....well our social worker who is absolutely fantastic is aiming to get me and Mrs F to panel at the beginning of June  :o with a view if we are approved to take on a sibling group of 3 children aged 6, 4 and 19 months  :o :o and obviously I can't go into more details on a semi-public forum.So things on this front are proceeding nicely which we are obviously very pleased about.
What else mmfgt was that I was asked at work on Fri by a colleague if I had any prints that she could maybe buy of London Landmarks so I dug out a few and also thought in for a penny in for a pound I took some other shots that are mounted etc that have been entered in print comps and may have got a few extra sales of the back of that so feeling very very chuffed and actually honoured that people I work with feel my photos are worthy of buying and hanging on their walls imo the greatest compliment that can be made....I did get one person say "You must have a good camera" though and immediately thought of the old "photographer gets invited to dinner and says "You must have a good cooker" joke.... ;D

Good luck with the adoption - as a person who is adopted and have had to act as character witness to some one who has adopted i have some idea as to what you're going through.
Just hope you still have hair left when it's all done  :dance:

Now for the sale of photographs? What can anyone say except well done that chap. Nothing like a sale to puff your photographic chest and get you strutting your stuff.

An interesting comment about having a really good camera - given I'm having more fun with my Fuji-X then I ever really did with my 5D2's...
Maybe it's because it takes me back to the days of film and a single 50mm lens - all an expeirment and all an adventure.

Hope to see more of you Keith.
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Jediboy

I found my battery charger!!  :D
May the Force be with you.

Chris

donoreo

Quote from: Jediboy on May 05, 2014, 02:28:55 PM
I found my battery charger!!  :D
Which must mean you have already ordered a new one! 

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.