• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 32
  • Total: 32
Wish
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Nice set of holiday pics Paul. :tup:

My daughter, not a photographer, has visited Cuba half a dozen times, but always comes back with some creditable pics of the place and the people.

She has made friends with a schoolteacher and every time she goes both her and her husband's luggage is full of pens, pencils and note books for the pupils he teaches. Apparently like gold dust.

Sandy

Lovely photo just how I think Cuba looks colourful and old cars.

Sandy

donoreo

Quote from: ABERS on March 08, 2014, 08:12:11 AM
Nice set of holiday pics Paul. :tup:

My daughter, not a photographer, has visited Cuba half a dozen times, but always comes back with some creditable pics of the place and the people.

She has made friends with a schoolteacher and every time she goes both her and her husband's luggage is full of pens, pencils and note books for the pupils he teaches. Apparently like gold dust.
That is great she does that.  The kids would love it. 

jinky

Yes the pens go down well. My mate went too far though. He had pens forom his old health job shape of a thigh bones. Gave them out here and there and even to a guy with no legs! He was mortified when we accused him of being sick! The bloke was delighted with them.

Hinfrance

Finished installing a set of hot pickups and complete rewire/customisation of my Stratocaster. It sounds utterly filthy - from bluesy to grunge. Love it!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 10, 2014, 07:19:00 PM
Finished installing a set of hot pickups and complete rewire/customisation of my Stratocaster. It sounds utterly filthy - from bluesy to grunge. Love it!

Talking of filthy, bluesy sounds.
   A busker in town this morning, bloke in his twenties, belting out rock & roll standards, Long Tall Sally and the like.
   He had the kind of voice I'd like to hear more of these days. A great range and hitting all the right notes (and in the right order.  ;) )
   Only had the 3 "rhythm" strings on his guitar but it was certainly doing the job! Bunged him a pound coin and he commented on his lack of strings (laughing). I said "you've got the ones that matter!" (more laughter)...Couldn't leave it there so I nipped into the local music shop and bought him a full new set. He couldn't have been more delighted!  :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Andrew

Quote from: Graham on March 11, 2014, 11:17:15 AM

A busker in town this morning, bloke in his twenties, belting out rock & roll standards, Long Tall Sally and the like.
   He had the kind of voice I'd like to hear more of these days. A great range and hitting all the right notes (and in the right order.  ;) )
   Only had the 3 "rhythm" strings on his guitar but it was certainly doing the job! Bunged him a pound coin and he commented on his lack of strings (laughing). I said "you've got the ones that matter!" (more laughter)...Couldn't leave it there so I nipped into the local music shop and bought him a full new set. He couldn't have been more delighted!  :tup:

Gosh, how to make some ones day with on a shoe (or guitar) string  :tup: Love it Graham
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Hinfrance

You're a very kind hearted soul Graham.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Nice one Graham - great story  ;)

Oldboy

After all that time playing with three strings, he might be out of tune playing with a full set!  :doh:

Well done Graham.  :tup:

You will get your reward in heaven - A harp with only three strings!  :2funny: :2funny:

Mick

Graham, that was a really nice thing to do.  You should feel good.   :tup:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

DigiDiva

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Andrew

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=696864717054039&set=a.403293439744503.88087.100001915521536&type=1&theater

On the left - you have Judy Murray, and on the right, you have my grand daughter  :tup: :dance:

Apparently she's a bit of a whizz with a racket  :beer:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!

Andrew

Woken up by delivery man this morning with a Canvas Print i forgot i'd ordered.

Mrs B found a really good offer for a Canvas Print on the Partin Lewis Money site - so i ordered one.

To say i'm chuffed would be an understatement. I would post a pic if i thought it would convey the finished product...

But, we will at last have one of MY pics adorning the wall and it reminds me that, as nice as pics look on the screen, a printed version will always be far superior and much more engaging.

Reinardina

Quote from: Andrew on March 17, 2014, 11:06:54 AM
Woken up by delivery man this morning with a Canvas Print i forgot i'd ordered.

Mrs B found a really good offer for a Canvas Print on the Partin Lewis Money site - so i ordered one.

To say i'm chuffed would be an understatement. I would post a pic if i thought it would convey the finished product...

But, we will at last have one of MY pics adorning the wall and it reminds me that, as nice as pics look on the screen, a printed version will always be far superior and much more engaging.

Never tried a Canvas print. Got two A3 photos on the wall though, nicely framed. They're quite old now, and I see lots of things I would do better now, but somehow, I never get round to replacing them.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.