• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 32
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 33
  • Total: 33
parkcameras
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

The Frost Fair on the Thames was just before my time, I do remember the stories though.

1963 is fresh in my memory: skating after school, every single day. On the ice rink (flooded and frozen running tracks), or a lake in the woods, in the moonlight. The laces of my boots so stiffly frozen, they were almost impossible to undo.

As far as I can remember, only my fingers felt the cold.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

Quote from: DigiDiva on January 08, 2014, 07:13:43 PM
Did you have a pet dinasaur!!!!!! Sorry. couldn't resist

No just a couple of woolly mammoths and a sabre toothed tiger. Dinosaurs were such passe.

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on January 08, 2014, 07:36:27 PM
The Frost Fair on the Thames was just before my time, I do remember the stories though.

1963 is fresh in my memory: skating after school, every single day. On the ice rink (flooded and frozen running tracks), or a lake in the woods, in the moonlight. The laces of my boots so stiffly frozen, they were almost impossible to undo.

1963 when the snow remained until the middle of March.  :tup:

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on January 09, 2014, 10:57:06 AM

Yes it did. But the roads were okay, when the shovels came back into action, after the initial 'shock'.

hevans

I remember well the spring of 2013, where there was thick ice on Monnikendamergat on the 26th March. Cold spring, that was!

Reinardina

Pity the ice is so rough! Not very 'skate-able.'

donoreo

It would be great to have the snow all gone by the middle of March!  That said it is going to be +9 and rain on Saturday. 

Karen

my arm straightened a few more degrees ....hard work at the gym paying off :)

Oldboy

Quote from: Karen on January 10, 2014, 12:13:18 AM
my arm straightened a few more degrees ....hard work at the gym paying off :)

Well done Karen. Might be able to pull hubby a pint soon!  :-*

spinner

it was sunny here in central florida today, so I can see again. A week of overcast skies killed my vision. Combo of diabetes and laser surgery.  In bright sunlight my vision is perfect anything less and I need glasses (and I threw them away years ago).
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on January 11, 2014, 12:31:43 AM
it was sunny here in central florida today, so I can see again. A week of overcast skies killed my vision. Combo of diabetes and laser surgery.  In bright sunlight my vision is perfect anything less and I need glasses (and I threw them away years ago).

Lucky you aren't here then! I took a picture Last Wednesday at 15:00 in the open of a fox and had to drop the speed down to 1/40s at F4. Think I need to order night-vison glass!  :P

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on January 11, 2014, 09:22:48 AM
Quote from: spinner on January 11, 2014, 12:31:43 AM

Lucky you aren't here then! I took a picture Last Wednesday at 15:00 in the open of a fox and had to drop the speed down to 1/40s at F4. Think I need to order night-vison glass!  :P

I know what you mean, I went out to a nature park with my son, while he was here visiting and was taking bird photos at F4 with the ISO set at 200 and they were coming out under exposed until
I cranked the ISO up to 400. But we were there to get alligator photos, son got his and was quite pleased.  :)
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on January 11, 2014, 12:50:30 PM
But we were there to get alligator photos, son got his and was quite pleased.  :)

Hope it wasn't a quick snap!  :o

Hinfrance

On the other hand . . . I ordered a new router yesterday lunchtime from a French Amazon marketplace company. It arrived this lunchtime, free standard delivery.

Of course, now I've got to set it up  :uglystupid2:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 17, 2014, 12:50:35 PM
On the other hand . . . I ordered a new router yesterday lunchtime from a French Amazon marketplace company. It arrived this lunchtime, free standard delivery.

Of course, now I've got to set it up  :uglystupid2:

See you over in "What annoyed me today" in a bit.  :2funny: :legit:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.