• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 30
  • Total: 30
parkcameras
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: spikeyjen on November 07, 2013, 09:45:49 PM
It's Friday    :tup:

Not for another hour and sixteen minutes.  :doh:

spikeyjen

Quote from: Oldboy on November 07, 2013, 10:44:22 PM
Quote from: spikeyjen on November 07, 2013, 09:45:49 PM
It's Friday    :tup:

Not for another hour and sixteen minutes.  :doh:

Sorry, we are a little ahead of you over here...and yes it is Friday here!

jinky

If you were looking at "what annoyed you" the other day you might have seen me chuntering about the bride from hell asking me to delete 6 images from my set and re-do a free extra dvd slideshow to run slower from her wedding. It was only up for half an hour before I thought`unprofessional" and deleted it. Today the same bride has made me happy.Not only has she told me that she was watchin g ti as I rang to check something out and it had made her cry (in a good way) but also having ordered 7 extra packs of the DVD slideshow and shots for family. I told her they were done and ready to send with some address checks and she said that I should be charging a lot more for the work I do. Ego massively stroked. I cannot help thinking when she phoned saying those 6 photos she hated (4 of her in the service itself when she had a face like a smacked ar** that I could do nothing about and two because her friend wouldn`t like them because she looked fat -Well I am afraid she is overweight) why could she not have said I love the other 600 + images from your shoot - its`s just these 6. Would have stopped me thinking after no contact for days that she didn`t like them! :uglystupid2:

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on November 08, 2013, 12:11:40 PM
If you were looking at "what annoyed you" the other day you might have seen me chuntering about the bride from hell asking me to delete 6 images from my set and re-do a free extra dvd slideshow to run slower from her wedding. It was only up for half an hour before I thought`unprofessional" and deleted it. Today the same bride has made me happy.Not only has she told me that she was watchin g ti as I rang to check something out and it had made her cry (in a good way) but also having ordered 7 extra packs of the DVD slideshow and shots for family. I told her they were done and ready to send with some address checks and she said that I should be charging a lot more for the work I do. Ego massively stroked. I cannot help thinking when she phoned saying those 6 photos she hated (4 of her in the service itself when she had a face like a smacked ar** that I could do nothing about and two because her friend wouldn`t like them because she looked fat -Well I am afraid she is overweight) why could she not have said I love the other 600 + images from your shoot - its`s just these 6. Would have stopped me thinking after no contact for days that she didn`t like them! :uglystupid2:

Did see it jinky and not unprofessional at all. Just letting off steam which we all need to do at times.  :tup:

Glad things turned out better than you thought.  ;D

krennon

Glad it all worked out Jinky  :)

WMMFGT well yesterday really went up to horseguards and managed to get some shots of the troops assembling, the cavalry pulling the cannon and a couple of shots of the smoke just as the cannon had been fired (will be posted later this week hopefully) alas I didn't get as close as Irv and I managed to the other year but hey ho.. Then walked up to Trafalgar Square and took some shots of the fountains for my own pleasure more than anything, then met up with my "knot" sister (she's not blood we grew up together but she might as well be my sister though, hence KNOT as we are bound together in a friendship that will never be broken)  in Oxford Street which was lovely just a shame she has to go back to Ireland on Saturday due to family issues 'cos I've got used to having her over here but at least I got to see her....

And what made me feel good today....2 things, 1 is we have a COSTA COFFEE opening pretty much next door to work oh yes soooo happy :2funny: :tup: :D
and 2 for those of you who don't know me I work in customer services for a merchant bank it is basically a call centre but inbound not outbound sales driven....answering the calls is the most important thing...THEY CLOSED THE LINES AT 10:58 so we could clear down any calls to hold the 2 minutes silence at 11:00 am and we were under strict instructions if we did have a customer on the phone we were to advise them out of respect to all service personnel around the world we are observing the 2 minutes silence and we will place you on hold. A massive thumbs up to the co for doing that (they do do it every year though)  :tup: Eerie though being in a silent call centre.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Andrew

Silence in a call centre? Blimey - must have been terrifying - but well done the employers.
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Hinfrance

Watching the passing V formation of migrating storks flying over our garden this afternoon, calling to each other as they went.

And went to the shops where Mrs H actually bought a new winter coat to replace her current almost 20 year old one. Result!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Just had an email from Flickr UK Headquarters advising that one of my images "has been selected by the Flickr team as one of the most interesting photos of Leeds at Christmas" with Leeds itself coming in the top 10 of decorated cities on Flickr. They are doing an article and circulating it to journalists for publication. No money in it for me of course but given that it was a throwaway image from me and they have agreed to credit it as Photography by Paul Dishman rather than my Flickr name I thought why not. They`ll advise me when / where it will be published so be interesting to see the article. Re: the picture one reason I am not bothered about them using it is that I have a better version with altered white balance. I kept this warmer one on Flickr for it`s festive look.

Anyone else had one of these from Flickr? I am a bit bemused as I have been on Flickr so little lately and never tag my images on there making them hard to find.

Reinardina

Hardly been on Flickr recently, but I would have received any messages in my gmail account, and I haven't.
So well done you.
Also didn't know there was a top 10 of decorated cities on  the site. Mind you, Southampton would be right at the bottom as all the Christmas cheer here, has to come from the shops.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Quote from: Reinardina on November 18, 2013, 02:25:30 PM
Hardly been on Flickr recently, but I would have received any messages in my gmail account, and I haven't.
So well done you.
Also didn't know there was a top 10 of decorated cities on  the site. Mind you, Southampton would be right at the bottom as all the Christmas cheer here, has to come from the shops.

It`s not on the site. It`s a special article Flickr UK are doing for Christmas as a press release featuring images from the site - must be desperate to get more people on it. I`m rarely on there and am not renewing my pro account when it runs out later this month. They might not be able to find it then if it gets thrown off for having too many images on  :2funny:

Andrew

So well done you.

same here, well TBH - i clossed my account when they made the changes and forced me to have that stupid Yahoo toolbar present during any Flickr activity. As i was paying for a Pro account i reasoned i was entitled to have a choice on such things, and as Flickr disagreed i just closed the account. I don't have a gmail accont and am never likely to get one, given my strong views against Google and its ethical (mis)behaviour. I don't allow google through the router (much to annoyance of visitors) and am never likely to.

Yes, i'm well aware of how much of my information is out there on the web etc, should do - i used to be paid to gather some of it. I like to have some control over it, unlike Google, Facebook et all who think my business is a chargeable commodity belonging to them. I use 500px because in there conditions is the important term wich clearly states my images are mine to do with as i please and not theirs... the same applies to this site.

Sorry, got off on a rant there - Google, Facebook always get me going, as did the changes to Flickr & Yahoo - so glad i never had an account for youtube, give all the latest talk.  :beer: :beer: :beer:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!

donoreo

Quote from: Andrew on November 18, 2013, 04:06:05 PM
So well done you.

same here, well TBH - i clossed my account when they made the changes and forced me to have that stupid Yahoo toolbar present during any Flickr activity. As i was paying for a Pro account i reasoned i was entitled to have a choice on such things, and as Flickr disagreed i just closed the account.
What Yahoo toolbar?  I have never seen one on Flickr. 

Andrew

Quote from: donoreo on November 19, 2013, 05:34:04 PM
Quote from: Andrew on November 18, 2013, 04:06:05 PM
So well done you.

same here, well TBH - i clossed my account when they made the changes and forced me to have that stupid Yahoo toolbar present during any Flickr activity. As i was paying for a Pro account i reasoned i was entitled to have a choice on such things, and as Flickr disagreed i just closed the account.
What Yahoo toolbar?  I have never seen one on Flickr.

you mean you never had the annoying Yahoo Toolbar thing? In the words of a Python member "you lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky *******"
I hung out for a month hoping some one wold come up with a way to get rid of it.
It trended on Twitter, Facebook and not sure where Yahoo were looking whilst groups were set up to complain about it on Flickr

Essentially, when ever you went to Flickr, your browser 'acquired' a nice Yahoo Toolbar encouraging you to do everything the Yahoo way. There were some temporary fixes but nothing permenant - and when Flickr made it clear we, the users, would get what ever they felt we should have i done as i always do to any one else who makes such statements - i closed the account. I done the same with Instagram and Facebook.

I also refused to open accounts with a couple of blog sites when i read T&C's indicated that by posting through them, i gave them permission to do what ever they wanted with my stuff and make as much money out of it as possible.

I will happily pay a subscription fee to any site that dos not demand free use of my stuff as part of its T&C's.

After all, setting up a blog or similar can be quite cheap nowadays - certainly not much more than the cost of the old Flickr Pro account or 500px premium account.

Sorry, got me going again - i do have an issue with the people who think that if it's on the web, it's fair game. I could almost write a book on it, if i coould concentrate that long  >:(

Hinfrance

I just ignore the toolbar. I'd like to read your book Andrew, because I am one of those of the opinion that it is naive to publish something the entire world can see and easily copy and expect to retain any rights to it.

If you don't want to share stuff that's fine, but if you do share it you can't then get grumpy when people accept your offer.

This was on the Beeb's propaganda news site today. I've always maintained that any business that runs off of the cloud is foolish in the extreme. Data should be kept locally, or not at all.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

I opened my first Gmail account in the days you had to be invited. Only geeks and nerds used Google in those days. Oh the simplicity of the Google search engine! So superior to all the others that were around. How innocent the web was in those days! How things have changed.

When I upgraded my Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 recently, I had to tick the box that I did NOT want all my photos and documents and PC settings stored on Cloud. Horrific idea.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.