• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 35
  • Total: 35
wex
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Quote from: Mick on January 10, 2013, 06:10:31 PM
Nice one.  That's a really nice amp.  I'm jealous now.  ;)

It certainly looks the business, for what it is. I was going to get the Mustang ll, but both the online and local shops were out of stock. As the Mustang lll was only £50 more but has more software and a two button pedal included I talked myself into spending the extra. Just have to see how good, or otherwise, my ancient ES335 copy sounds through it. I'm optimistic because the guitar is not a bargain basement model and has two pretty good humbuckers.

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on January 10, 2013, 06:15:43 PM
More fun or better value for money in regards to quality H ?

Andy - far better value in terms of what you physically get for your money. The new amplifier was slightly less than £200, but can model dozens of other amplifiers, has dozens of onboard effects and processors, is powerful enough for small venues as well as running for practice on tickover,  comes with FUSE and sequencing software connectable via a top panel USB socket. The FUSE package allows the amplifier parameters to be adjusted in real time and stored, or downloaded from Fender. In short, it is a bit of a marvel. And modern guitars are incredibly well made even the entry level ones. £250 will get you a 6 string that will play and sound as well as anything else on the market, but with not quite such fancy hardware. So for less than the price of a DSLR or hybrid body you can be completely set up. Rock on!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

It's a very loud 100 watts too.  Not sure it'll help your tinnitus.  :D

Like you said though H, it's great value for the money.

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Hinfrance

It's Friday.

A nice man from UPS turned up with my new toy, thus giving me an entry for the weekend competition and hours of fun trying to work out how to use it properly. 

I've already sussed that I have to now save up for a guitar with single coil pickups, just for a bit more variety - the twin humbuckers on the ES335 are seriously driving. Sounds great though, the metal sounds are VERY metal, but the clean sounds are superb. Lots of programming and customisation coming up methinks.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

donoreo

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 11, 2013, 04:00:34 PM
It's Friday.

A nice man from UPS turned up with my new toy, thus giving me an entry for the weekend competition and hours of fun trying to work out how to use it properly. 

I've already sussed that I have to now save up for a guitar with single coil pickups, just for a bit more variety - the twin humbuckers on the ES335 are seriously driving. Sounds great though, the metal sounds are VERY metal, but the clean sounds are superb. Lots of programming and customisation coming up methinks.

Does it go to 11? :)

Hinfrance

Why not make 10 louder, make that the loudest? Pause, chew gum. This goes to 11.

Ah Spinal Tap, one of the best comedies ever made. What are the hours?

I think that as far as combos are concerned this one goes to 12.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 11, 2013, 06:41:42 PM
Why not make 10 louder, make that the loudest? Pause, chew gum. This goes to 11.

Nice  8)  The 40w Mustang 2 is pretty loud, (The lad next door has one) so I can only imagine what the 100w Mustang 3 is like. 

Have fun with it.  :tup:   
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Graham

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 11, 2013, 06:41:42 PM

Iv'e just photographed my 331st band and Iv'e just been on tour photographing one of "The Levellers" side project bands...Trust me Spinal Tap isn't a comedy, it's a well observed documentary!  :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

I think you'll find that's a 'rockumentary' Graham. It's funny because so much is true!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Graham

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 12, 2013, 12:42:50 PM
I think you'll find that's a 'rockumentary' Graham. It's funny because so much is true!

When you knock around with musos (They hate being called that! ;D) it's amazing how many "Tap" refferences you encounter. The last one I had was the getting lost backstage bit!  :2funny:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

The band I was in in the 80's was always arguing about how tight our trousers ought to be.  :D

Had a Blues Brothers moment in South Wales once when we arrived at a venue that had broken glass all over the stage. The promoter explained that the audience was normally OK and only threw empty bottles; unless they didn't like you in which case they threw full ones. :beer: Eeek! Turned out to be one of the most enthusiastic audiences we ever played to, it was a brilliant night.  :dance:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 12, 2013, 04:29:14 PM
The band I was in in the 80's was always arguing about how tight our trousers ought to be.  :D

Had a Blues Brothers moment in South Wales once when we arrived at a venue that had broken glass all over the stage. The promoter explained that the audience was normally OK and only threw empty bottles; unless they didn't like you in which case they threw full ones. :beer: Eeek! Turned out to be one of the most enthusiastic audiences we ever played to, it was a brilliant night.  :dance:

Sounds as though you are missing the buzz Howard - Are you going to reform (if that's the right way to put it) don tight trousers and hit the big stage once more    ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

Nah Andy, been there, seen it, done it, got the T shirt . . .

Besides, I stopped because I was fed up with lugging a 500w bass rig, guitars, and half of the PA around. That and the tinnitus.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

donoreo

I got the Christmas lights down today.   It is sunny and 13C outside right now.  Usually is it freezing (normal high is -2C) when I do the lights. 

Beaux Reflets

WMMFGT Receiving a wee present - Ardbeg uigeadail alongside a larger bottle 10 year old single malt - mmmmm can't wait  :beer:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Matthew

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on January 12, 2013, 09:55:58 PM
WMMFGT Receiving a wee present - Ardbeg uigeadail alongside a larger bottle 10 year old single malt - mmmmm can't wait  :beer:

Save a dram for me.... :beer: ;D
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.