• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 42
  • Total: 42
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

I visited a friend and neighbour today to give him his birthday present, and went away with some glass photographic plates that he had found in his father's attic. I've only just started scanning them, but it looks like it will be hours of fun.

Then, this afternoon, he gave me a gift - a Semflex TLR from between 1955 and 1959 in absolutely pristine condition. Now I really have no excuse for not getting some 120 roll film.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Been doing the Facebook I am Nikon UK advent calendar each day - when I remember. Most days you just answer an easy question and get in a draw for a prize but on 13th it was a £200 cash prize for the best winter picture. Entered one of my many snow shots - so many to choose from- and when I looked at the winners list today it seems I have won £200 for best entry. I`ll have to check and see which one it was now! That`s a nice surprise for Christmas.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: jinky on December 20, 2012, 09:00:10 AM
Been doing the Facebook I am Nikon UK advent calendar each day - when I remember. Most days you just answer an easy question and get in a draw for a prize but on 13th it was a £200 cash prize for the best winter picture. Entered one of my many snow shots - so many to choose from- and when I looked at the winners list today it seems I have won £200 for best entry. I`ll have to check and see which one it was now! That`s a nice surprise for Christmas.

Congratulations Paul - Another feather in the cap  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on December 20, 2012, 09:00:10 AM

It must have been a fix? Didn't you win something from Nikon at the Focus show some years ago?  :P

Well done.  :tup:

Hinfrance

Congrats Paul. You can put the cash towards fixing your wheel arch  :legit:

I can only recall ever having won one prize in my entire life; that was a chicken in a raffle at the village fete when I was 8.

This is why I don't gamble or generally bother with entering contests  :D

It has been said of my luck that if there were a raffle with 100 tickets and two prizes and that I had 99 tickets I would still manage to  lose.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 20, 2012, 10:04:14 AM
"I can only recall ever having won one prize in my entire life;" "This is why I don't gamble or generally bother with entering contests"  :D

Could these two statements be conected in some way?  ;)

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

I see your point: perhaps I should have said that is why I no longer gamble or generally enter contests. A man can only take so much disappointment  :o
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

ABERS

Nice one Jinky!  :tup:

Now you're a pro you must remember to declare any winnings  from such photographic activities!

Reinardina

Well done Jinky!
I'm still over optimistic, and enter competitions I'm sure I can't win, with the thought: You never know.

Never won anything with my photography yet (outside CC and DCW competitions), but I've only been 'at it' for a couple of years, so have a lot of learning to do yet.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Cheers all. Don`t worry Alan. Having declared all my income and expenses last year resulted in a healthy tax rebate as I`m such an in demand pro making a loss :) - this year won`t be much different. Despite telling the tax office I`d be "working" as it comes on a referral only basis they still seem to need me to go through the whole thing which ended up being to my advantage last year. I`m guessing I`m a year or two off them declaring it is a hobby for me.
H - it will not go ont he wheel arch as the other driver will be meeting that  but it wil pay the excess on a cracked windscreen that has to be replaced after a trip down the M1 today. Not having much luck with the car this week.

First comp I`ve entered in a while so will have to look out some more if I am going to hit lucky.

Hinfrance

Quote from: jinky on December 20, 2012, 09:06:00 PM

. . . . it will pay the excess on a cracked windscreen that has to be replaced after a trip down the M1 today. Not having much luck with the car this week.

Are you sure it's a car and not a rollercoaster? Here's hoping the car gets a cloak of invincibility for Christmas :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Beaux Reflets

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

hevans

Quote from: Oldboy on December 21, 2012, 10:12:09 AM
This: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2251206/Incredible-close-pictures-ice-captured-minute-streets-Moscow.html   :D

Indeed, nature can be quite astounding.

Amusing the column down the left "FEMAIL TODAY". Some questions:
who is Mila Kunis, DJ Chezza, Cheryl Cole, Kim Kardigan, Kimberly Walsh, Denis Van Outed, Sarah Harding, Samanth Brick,  and all the other obscure people listed with photos?

I miss the days when being famous was because you were good at something first, then became famous. Rather than, famous for being famous.

Reinardina

Chelebriddy* is everything these days, and I have the same, but reversed problem, when I occasionally look at the front page of the Telegraaf.

*Chelebriddy: 1. Anyone who has ever been within spitting range of someone who has ever been on television, for whatever reason.
                     2. Anyone who knows someone who has ever been within spitting range of someone who has ever been on television, for whatever reason.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.