• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 55
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 52
  • Total: 52
Wish
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Hockey fan, probably caught too many pucks with this head.  ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Jonathan

Quote from: Oldboy on July 23, 2012, 11:25:42 PM
He keeps looking at the camera but can't understand why he can't see anything.  :uglystupid2:

But....he can.

It's an M9 (I think - looks like an M9-P actually).  With the lens cap on you see almost exactly what you see with it off.  Except that when you focus the ghost image won't appear.  That's why he keeps turning the barrel and then looking at the camera - he's checking the focus ring moves.

And the lens cap is completely covered by the hood.

But he's fat and has a Leica so it's funny ;)
It's Guest's round

Hinfrance

The wheel bearing for my lawnmower finally turned up. A struggle to fit as the axle was a bit worn, but it's done now.

And it's only 37C outside . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Jonathan on July 25, 2012, 09:30:19 AM
Quote from: Oldboy on July 23, 2012, 11:25:42 PM
He keeps looking at the camera but can't understand why he can't see anything.  :uglystupid2:

But....he can.

It's an M9 (I think - looks like an M9-P actually).  With the lens cap on you see almost exactly what you see with it off.  Except that when you focus the ghost image won't appear.  That's why he keeps turning the barrel and then looking at the camera - he's checking the focus ring moves.

And the lens cap is completely covered by the hood.

But he's fat and has a Leica so it's funny ;)

Never knew that, and not ever going to be a Leica owner, I would never have found out! Thanks Jonathan.

Quote from: Hinfrance on July 25, 2012, 03:38:48 PM
The wheel bearing for my lawnmower finally turned up. A struggle to fit as the axle was a bit worn, but it's done now.

And it's only 37C outside . .

At last you can go out and do something practical, in stead of using difficult words!
Good luck with the mowing, and don't overdo it.

(I got 'caught' on Sunday when I was photographing the return of the Clippers from the round the world race. I was fully prepared with long sleeves, cream on my face and a sunhat, yet I'd forgotten my hands! They got burnt. A d so did the tip of my chin.)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

What made me feel good today, is the magic of the Olympics.

I watched the 6 o'clock news and all the problems in Syria have been resolved, the Eurocrisis is over, there are no political squabbles anywhere, no hunger, no terrorism, no sadness.
The whole news broadcast was about the Olympics!

Bring it on, and save the world!

DigiDiva

2 golds..............made me proud
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Oldboy

anglefire

Bought a Lumix LX5, principly for the missus - but I will no doubt use it occasionally. :)

Park have it on offer- the LX7 is now out - at about £250 - and I have to say I was impressed at the service - ordered Wednesday night, arrived today and that was with free postage.

Looks easy to use and is small. SWMBO is happy at the moment.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on August 03, 2012, 10:34:33 PM
Bought a Lumix LX5, principly for the missus - but I will no doubt use it occasionally. :)

Park have it on offer- the LX7 is now out - at about £250 - and I have to say I was impressed at the service - ordered Wednesday night, arrived today and that was with free postage.

Looks easy to use and is small. SWMBO is happy at the moment.

But she won't be when she can't find where to insert the film!  :doh:

anglefire

I bought a 16Gb card to go with it - so should be good for 3000 shots or so Jpeg - so should take some time before she has to look for the film slot
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

Took a snap of my car this morning with some off road wheel/tyres that I bought (2nd hand) yesterday. And am quite impressed. DOF is very hard to control, but to be expected.

Mind you they are going to be noisy  :2funny:
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

donoreo

Finally made it to the lake and having my first beer.  My vacation started Thursday at noon and everyone was sick.

Hinfrance

Just had an email from one of the guitar players in my old band. He was at a recording studio chatting to a pro rock musician (last tour was with Dream Theater). Long story short this chap had been a fan of our pub band all those years ago and was extremely complimentary about our musicianship  8); we always knew we were the best covers band in the south west of England  :legit:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 13, 2012, 03:23:55 PM
Just had an email from one of the guitar players in my old band. He was at a recording studio chatting to a pro rock musician (last tour was with Dream Theater). Long story short this chap had been a fan of our pub band all those years ago and was extremely complimentary about our musicianship  8); we always knew we were the best covers band in the south west of England  :legit:

Time for a 'Reunion Tour,' methinks. Or whatever they're called in English.
Quite a few of the Dutch bands I used to know way back when, have got together again and play regular gigs. It's fun. All golden oldies together. (You are, of course, a lot younger than I, so maybe in this case a stylish 'silver' gathering.)

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 13, 2012, 03:23:55 PM

I would love to hear a few tracks H  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.