• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 32
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 34
  • Total: 34
7ds
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cathus

Thanks Abers, all clear now. Good luck, we've got our exhibition next month too.

krennon

PDI Projected Digital Image as Alan has said but we had one judge who came who called them "Electtric Slides" which I thought was fantastic wish I could remember which judge it was as was fantastic

Well me "Electric Slides" scored an 8 & a 7 so a total of 15 but I think my nearest got more but never mind makes it more exciting and all to play for over the remaining comps.....

much better than those leagues involving that stupid game of 22 men kicking an inflated  pigs bladder around a field  :legit:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

ABERS

As someone who has always pointed newcomers to photography towards joining a club, especially when they ask where they can learn about photography, it was pleasing to see that five members of our club have attained their Licentiate of the RPS over the past three months, the last two being this week.

Now, whatever your views about the Royal Photographic Society, with its different levels of distinctions, it provides a target for the photographer to aim for, and a feeling or boost to the applicant if that target is achieved. It's not a medal to be worn it's a personal goal to strive for.

Our club has always been a strong supporter of the RPS and small group of volunteers from within the club meet would-be applicants to help and advise them in their endeavours, this is outside normal club activities and costs the applicants nothing.

So if you want to improve, stretch yourself photographically or just learn a little more, join a club! :tup:

Cathus

I agree Abers, in theory, I joined the committee of our club to help move it forward and encourage newer, younger and less experienced photographers, unfortunately, our club is top heavy with people who have probably been retired at least 10 years and one or two have been retired 25 years or more.

It can be quite difficult changing the culture within the club with a chairman who has been in post 25 years.

spinner

Quote from: Cathus on January 21, 2012, 11:38:15 PM
I agree Abers, in theory, I joined the committee of our club to help move it forward and encourage newer, younger and less experienced photographers, unfortunately, our club is top heavy with people who have probably been retired at least 10 years and one or two have been retired 25 years or more.

It can be quite difficult changing the culture within the club with a chairman who has been in post 25 years.

Damn retirees clogging up everything. :legit: :legit: I looked into my local club and discovered there's actually a waiting list to get in. :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Alfonso_Frisk

Joining a club is something I have had on my "bucket lists" since retiring in 2010 aged 50. That was until a couple of months ago when I happened to bump into 2 senior members of the local club down by the river and we got into a conversation about what was in our kit bags.
After 15 mins of being told I should not need filters and 3 lenses in a bag and "we do this" and "we do that" at our club and "you young uns (ffs Im 51.5yrs) would not cope with film" I decided to make my excuses and leave them to their patronising.
RR
Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

jinky

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on January 22, 2012, 10:14:54 AM
Joining a club is something I have had on my "bucket lists" since retiring in 2010 aged 50. That was until a couple of months ago when I happened to bump into 2 senior members of the local club down by the river and we got into a conversation about what was in our kit bags.
After 15 mins of being told I should not need filters and 3 lenses in a bag and "we do this" and "we do that" at our club and "you young uns (ffs Im 51.5yrs) would not cope with film" I decided to make my excuses and leave them to their patronising.
RR
Alf
:) I had a similar experience with the only 2 I found locally a couple of years back. Whilst part of me liked the idea of being the young `u at 54 then  the other par of me wondered what I would get out of it with their blinkered approach to anything beyond their experience. Worked with a couple on a local museum project and showed I made the right decision to keep my focus with Flcikr Leeds and Exposyre Leeds group who provide not only on line support / ideas but also meet at a local level and are more accommodating in attitudes to photography whether film or digital.

ABERS

Quote from: jinky on January 22, 2012, 10:44:05 AM
RR
Alf
:) I had a similar experience with the only 2 I found locally a couple of years back. Whilst part of me liked the idea of being the young `u at 54 then  the other par of me wondered what I would get out of it with their blinkered approach to anything beyond their experience. Worked with a couple on a local museum project and showed I made the right decision to keep my focus with Flcikr Leeds and Exposyre Leeds group who provide not only on line support / ideas but also meet at a local level and are more accommodating in attitudes to photography whether film or digital.

Well it's perhaps a godsend that not everyone is attracted to a club, otherwise we'd be in the position of Andrew, joining a waiting list.

We have a few 'ancients' in our club, a nonagenarian, an ex wedding photographer and three octogenarians, who like to reminisce about the old days and I like listening to them because they sometime come up with a nugget of information or a tip that I haven't heard before, and usually they have achieved a fair degree of photographic expertise over the years, all have embraced digital photography wholeheartedly.

Still it's horses for courses I suppose.

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on January 22, 2012, 11:34:00 AM
Quote from: jinky on January 22, 2012, 10:44:05 AM
RR
Alf

Well it's perhaps a godsend that not everyone is attracted to a club, otherwise we'd be in the position of Andrew, joining a waiting list.

We have a few 'ancients' in our club, a nonagenarian, an ex wedding photographer and three octogenarians, who like to reminisce about the old days and I like listening to them because they sometime come up with a nugget of information or a tip that I haven't heard before, and usually they have achieved a fair degree of photographic expertise over the years, all have embraced digital photography wholeheartedly.

Still it's horses for courses I suppose.

It's the "Well it's all done on computers nowadays" brigade that I have no time for. I'm very happy to listen to the voice of experience,, but it has to be a two way street.
  I can well imagine that when that Fox-Talbot chap was doing his thing the paint portraitists and landscapers were all saying "Well its all done with chemicles nowadays".
                       Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

spinner

Quote from: ABERS on January 22, 2012, 11:34:00 AM

That's why we listen to you Alan!  :legit:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

skellum

Me ( Lancashire Photography ) selling pictures to a ' Welcome to Yorkshire ' mag.   :)

Reinardina

Fantastic Dave! Congratulations!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beryl

My heart is in tip top condition that made me feel good  :dance:

Oops spelling
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Hinfrance

Quote from: Beryl on January 24, 2012, 04:11:49 PM
My hear is in tip topcondition that made ne feel good  :dance:

Eyes playing up a bit though ?  :legit:

Dave, well done on the sale; I guess it is still a bit War of the Roses oop north  . .  :D
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

skellum

Dave, well done on the sale; I guess it is still a bit War of the Roses oop north  . . 

Just friendly banter now but good fun especially at football matches.  A true Lancastrian can't help getting one over a Yorkshireman and vise versa.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.