• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 43
  • Total: 43
millets
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krennon

Got some shots sorted out for the SPA exhibition (dunno if they'll get chosen or not)
Amur Leopard licking its lips
Fallow Stag
"Cooling Off" (the red deer stag with its tongue out)
and a Mallard duck in real close up

All posted in the gallery with the exception possibly of the duck, and it's PDI comp tonight and I am neck and neck with me nearest rival so fingers crossed for some good scores tonight going to be hard though as the standard at KCC keeps going up and up and I really haven't had a chance to get out with the camera for ages....got a snowy owl in flight and another shot of an Amur Leopard from the Cat Survival Trust going in tonights comp.....wish me luck
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

ABERS

Quote from: krennon on January 16, 2012, 06:08:41 PM
Got some shots sorted out for the SPA exhibition (dunno if they'll get chosen or not)

Got mine printed and mounted over the weekend Keith, keeping fingers crossed.

Good luck with the PDI's :tup:

krennon

Thanks Abers I'm entering PDI's as couldn't afford to get four shots printed and mounted nicely maybe next year as it's nice to see actual prints

Thanks for the good luck  :tup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Reinardina on January 16, 2012, 05:27:08 PM
Quote from: beauxreflets on January 16, 2012, 04:48:05 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on January 16, 2012, 04:19:48 PM
Quote from: Hinfrance on January 16, 2012, 03:53:01 PM
I didn't realise you could vote. Let me know when it's up and running again, and there will be another one in the bag.

Will do.
I wonder if I 'jumped the gun,' and the voting was not officially open yet? Officially the stories are published today in the printed version of the FE paper, which will be sent to me. Haven't received it yet; with a bit of luck it'll be here tomorrow.
Should have kept my cynicism a bit longer!

I just followed the link instructions and voting system seemed to work / register OK; so guess it must be up & running  :-\

Was that when I first put up the post in the morning/early afternoon, or later (mid/late afternoon)?
I'm now being taken straight to the main website (annual subscription £75) with no mention of competitions, and the latest news items days old.
Earlier the link was specifically for the competition. I had to copy and paste a link to a PDF with the stories, and then go back to vote.

I'll see if I get the official paper tomorrow, and if not I'll email the person in charge.

Have to be here tomorrow anyway, as I have to set up the poll. Oh Joy of Joys!

Just tried the link again and it takes me to the page as before with the voting part and link to the PDF

Regards
Andy
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Quote from: beauxreflets on January 16, 2012, 06:48:11 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on January 16, 2012, 05:27:08 PM
Quote from: beauxreflets on January 16, 2012, 04:48:05 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on January 16, 2012, 04:19:48 PM
Quote from: Hinfrance on January 16, 2012, 03:53:01 PM
I didn't realise you could vote. Let me know when it's up and running again, and there will be another one in the bag.

Will do.
I wonder if I 'jumped the gun,' and the voting was not officially open yet? Officially the stories are published today in the printed version of the FE paper, which will be sent to me. Haven't received it yet; with a bit of luck it'll be here tomorrow.
Should have kept my cynicism a bit longer!

I just followed the link instructions and voting system seemed to work / register OK; so guess it must be up & running  :-\

Was that when I first put up the post in the morning/early afternoon, or later (mid/late afternoon)?
I'm now being taken straight to the main website (annual subscription £75) with no mention of competitions, and the latest news items days old.
Earlier the link was specifically for the competition. I had to copy and paste a link to a PDF with the stories, and then go back to vote.

I'll see if I get the official paper tomorrow, and if not I'll email the person in charge.

Have to be here tomorrow anyway, as I have to set up the poll. Oh Joy of Joys!

Just tried the link again and it takes me to the page as before with the voting part and link to the PDF

Regards
Andy

Thanks Andy! How very peculiar, on my laptop it still does not work! Is there a techie about who can explain this?

So if there are other people (Howard?) who want to have a look at my masterpiece, go ahead and give it a try.

Votes welcome! 

(Also for my entry in this week's comp on the 'other site' where I'm sadly lagging behind again, with my MI5 selfportrait.)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

I've just added my vote - and I did read them all first. Yours is them most inspirational of them imho.

Good luck.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 16, 2012, 07:05:21 PM
I've just added my vote - and I did read them all first. Yours is them most inspirational of them imho.

Good luck.

Thanks Howard.

You're au fait with software, aren't you? Can you explain why my laptop is apparently 'banned' from accessing that particular bit of information?
It is known that I am a finalist, as I mentioned it when I commented on the story I voted for. Could that have something to do with it?

Hinfrance

Re, if you've already voted you won't be able to get back to the survey page, unless you delete the cookie for the site and possibly use a different IP address.

Never fear the link is working, so all your supporters can vote for you.  :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 16, 2012, 08:51:23 PM
Re, if you've already voted you won't be able to get back to the survey page, unless you delete the cookie for the site and possibly use a different IP address.

Never fear the link is working, so all your supporters can vote for you.  :tup:

H, Thanks! That's a worry off my mind. Haven't got a clue how many supporters I have, but I'm 'selling myself' here, there and everywhere, in the nicest possible way of course!

hevans

Good luck.

I confess, I read them all as well before voting. It was interesting to see how the maturity of the author was reflected in the writing.

I voted honestly and based on humour...and for the Cloggie Contender  :D

Reinardina

Quote from: hevans on January 17, 2012, 02:25:24 PM

Good luck.

I confess, I read them all as well before voting. It was interesting to see how the maturity of the author was reflected in the writing.

I voted honestly and based on humour...and for the Cloggie Contender  :D

Very much appreciated!
It was written very much tongue in cheek. I didn't have any idea, they would cotton on to adversity. If I had, I might not have entered, or written something serious. But now I obviously hit the right note. For somewhat older readers anyway, I don't know how the teenage students will react to an old woman's story!

Fingers crossed!

Reinardina

ABERS

Quote from: Reinardina on January 17, 2012, 03:57:36 PM
Quote from: Cathus on January 17, 2012, 02:16:18 PM
SPA?

PDI?

I know what  Spa is  ;), but a PDI?

SPA        Surrey Photographic Association

PDI         Projected Digital Image.

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on January 17, 2012, 04:28:26 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on January 17, 2012, 03:57:36 PM
Quote from: Cathus on January 17, 2012, 02:16:18 PM
SPA?

PDI?

I know what  Spa is  ;), but a PDI?

SPA        Surrey Photographic Association

PDI         Projected Digital Image.

Thanks Alan!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.