• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 48
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 33
  • Total: 33
7ds
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eileen

Sounds very good Garry. CD next?

This great story of recovering lost pictures after a year underwater made me smile today. http://blog.chasejarvis.com/blog/2011/11/your-photo-data-is-safe-underwater/

Oldboy

Quote from: Eileen on November 28, 2011, 07:49:51 PM

This great story of recovering lost pictures after a year underwater made me smile today. http://blog.chasejarvis.com/blog/2011/11/your-photo-data-is-safe-underwater/

It wasn't weather sealed then?  :P

ABERS

Made me smile.

Looking through this month's Black & White magazine there's an piece entitled ' 50 Ways to Improve your Photography'.

No.1 on the list is 'Get Your Eyes Tested'. ???

How often have you felt like saying that to a photographer when asked to comment on his/her work? ;)

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on November 29, 2011, 08:46:36 AM
Made me smile.

Looking through this month's Black & White magazine there's an piece entitled ' 50 Ways to Improve your Photography'.

No.1 on the list is 'Get Your Eyes Tested'. ???

How often have you felt like saying that to a photographer when asked to comment on his/her work? ;)

Have mine tested regularly, they don't improve though.
I think it's not the eyes themselves that need improving, but the way you 'look' with them; the way you try to 'see' things. (Does this make sense?)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

skellum

From a landscape point of view you should see the picture before you take it.

Reinardina

Quote from: Dave on November 29, 2011, 09:51:26 AM

In my case, I can see the general picture, but I won't see any detail like a 'blot on the landscape' till I'm home and see it on my laptop. Unless the blot is very large; I'd probably see an elephant, a deer would be doubtful and a hare I would definitely not see.

skellum

Quote from: Reinardina on November 29, 2011, 12:41:03 PM

In my case, I can see the general picture, but I won't see any detail like a 'blot on the landscape' till I'm home and see it on my laptop. Unless the blot is very large; I'd probably see an elephant, a deer would be doubtful and a hare I would definitely not see.

I think we all have that problem to some degree. As I said, the most important thing is that you can see what will make a good picture. Once you have taken the shot or shots its only when you see your images properly on your monitor you notice the annoying distractions in the distance like a rubbish bin and or telephone wires.

I noticed you are using a laptop. I only used mine for basic editing at football matches as the shots had to be sent immediately, I would be struggling if I were to use it all the time. I am sure because of your eye problem you would benefit from using a full size monitor / pc.

Reinardina

Quote from: Dave on November 29, 2011, 01:33:41 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on November 29, 2011, 12:41:03 PM

I think we all have that problem to some degree. As I said, the most important thing is that you can see what will make a good picture. Once you have taken the shot or shots its only when you see your images properly on your monitor you notice the annoying distractions in the distance like a rubbish bin and or telephone wires.

I noticed you are using a laptop. I only used mine for basic editing at football matches as the shots had to be sent immediately, I would be struggling if I were to use it all the time. I am sure because of your eye problem you would benefit from using a full size monitor / pc.

Hi Dave. Glad that everyone has the occasional problem with distractions in the distance; mine are however, often right in front of my eyes. Not in the distance at all.

To illustrate this, I'll show you this photo of a set of (beautiful!) wheels, taken for a 'Wheels and Cogs' competition. I was totally concentrating on the front wheel, as that was the one I wanted.
Yet it was only, when I saw it on the monitor, that I noticed what I thought at first glance, was a piece of string dangling over the wheel. And only when my eyes followed that, did I see the sturdy shoes/boots resting on the wheel!

This was one of the pleasant surprises I regularly get when I look at what I've captured; it's not always this funny of course. Most of the time when I accidentally 'catch' something extra, I have to go back to the scene and try again. (Not always possible.)

And I am really OK with my laptop, it has a bright clear screen that I can 'oversee' as it were. I have to have my face almost in the screen to see it properly, and that is easier with a smaller screen. On our 'main' pc, with a much larger flat screen, I find it more difficult to see details.

I have been going on about my sight impairment recently. Sorry about that!

Sarasocke

I have a Nokia too. I use it to make phone calls and send the occasional SMS. Am I old-fashioned  :legit:
A very clever show though!

wmmfgt - the shelter magazine came today! Layout and most of the photos were all my own work and I was really nervous about ordering 3,500 copies. But everything's good! I'm going around with a big grin on my face right now  ;D
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Reinardina

Quote from: Sarasocke on November 30, 2011, 11:56:49 AM
I have a Nokia too. I use it to make phone calls and send the occasional SMS. Am I old-fashioned  :legit:
A very clever show though!

wmmfgt - the shelter magazine came today! Layout and most of the photos were all my own work and I was really nervous about ordering 3,500 copies. But everything's good! I'm going around with a big grin on my face right now  ;D

Very clever lightshow! But my mobile too, is purely for emergency use. To ring and to be within reach, by either text or phonecall. Went out of my way to find one without camera etc. (It does have a radio though, which I don't use.)

Well done Carol on the magazine! You must be really proud of yourself (and deservedly so!), and you will have saved the charity a lot of money, so it's good cheer all round.

skellum

I am ripping out our old fireplace tonight. :knuppel2:  New one will hopefully be in place by Friday then new carpets to be fitted on Monday.  Next Wednesday it will be 12 months since the burst pipe distroyed our house.

Graham

Quote from: Dave on November 30, 2011, 05:37:50 PM
I am ripping out our old fireplace tonight. :knuppel2:  New one will hopefully be in place by Friday then new carpets to be fitted on Monday.  Next Wednesday it will be 12 months since the burst pipe distroyed our house.

Had ours ripped out on Monday, replasterd today, ready to fit one of these on Friday.

Should be all sorted and redecorated for for Crimbo. (But without the phoney theme pub styling.)
                  Graham. :tup: :beer: :dance:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Beaux Reflets

Saving hard for a Wood Pellet Stove - Having been impressed by a demo' in a local store. 95% efficiency - less wood ash to get rid of  ;) No logging  :tup: and the flue can be fitted to standard chimney or through an outside wall (like a gas boiler)  :) - While it requires electricity to operate (so we will keep a wood burner for the rare powercut) it is programable to fire up while having a sleep in  :D

Cannot wait  :legit:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

greypoint

Monty starting his lead free training and actually coming back to the whistle.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.