• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 48
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 37
  • Total: 37
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bones615

Not sure if I feel good or sad-1st son is off to Nottingham uni tomorrow, just started packing. Guess I feel good for him.
A good 2.5 hrs from home which is a lot for somebody who never travels more than 50 miles from home for 50 weeks of the year, I reckon that will change over the next 3-4 years.
Hopefully it will break the apron strings & he gets a good education in life as well as a degree.

Simon

Graham

Quote from: greypoint on September 23, 2011, 08:03:30 AM
Set up my 2012 calendar template ready to start making our charity calendar  :)

Who do you use Sue?  I fancy doing some to give to the promoters and venue managers who have been kind to me.
                       Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

greypoint

I use Serif Page Plus -its an old version and the calendar templates are'nt automatically updated so I have to do it manually. This is a basic page from one of the tests for last year I made up for myself. For the charity there will be one large picture with several small ones and a bit about the dog. People seem to like having calendars they can write on. I've got a wire binding machine -very old and battered now and I got a gadget to cut the half moon at the top to add the hanger. I print the months on good quality photo paper - about 120g - and the cover on matt photo card. Once the template is set up it's easy to make individual calendars for people too. Making them is quite inexpensive so they don't cost a fortune to buy - which helps  :tup:

Graham

Thanks for the info.  :tup:
          Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Reinardina

Quote from: bones615 on September 24, 2011, 01:29:48 PM
Not sure if I feel good or sad-1st son is off to Nottingham uni tomorrow, just started packing. Guess I feel good for him.
A good 2.5 hrs from home which is a lot for somebody who never travels more than 50 miles from home for 50 weeks of the year, I reckon that will change over the next 3-4 years.
Hopefully it will break the apron strings & he gets a good education in life as well as a degree.

Simon

I remember it well! We took our daughter from Southampton to Sheffield university in 2005, in a large (hired) estate filled to the brim with ... everything you think they need. (She probably did not use half of it, but as a parent you want to make sure she's well provided for.)
She took to 'the life' like a duck to water, and has never looked back. Or come back for that matter. She loves Yorkshire and still lives there.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

spinner

WMFGT? All the positive comments I've received this week for my morning mist series of shots. Thanks to everyone! And Michael, it's not willpower, it's genetics I think, I've rarely slept past 5:30 am in the last 15 yrs. Don't need to use an alarm clock.  :D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

irv_b

WMMFGT
Went to a work colleagues (surprise) retirement party last night in the Peterborough area and had a great time then on the way home we stopped off at Wimpole Hall NT near Cambridge for a impromptu visit and they had a WW2 re-enactment weekend. So I managed to get a shot or two for the weekly comp :)
It was also my youngest 16th birthday party which he held at home while we were away and the house is still standing :o
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

greypoint

A great week a the rescue kennels with five dogs [hopefully] rehomed - including little Lucy, who for some totally inexplicable reason has been with us for six months. Fingers crossed she's off next week to a lovely home.

Beaux Reflets

Lucy looks a bit like a pirates dog, or one for the star role in Oliver Twist  :D
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Sarasocke

Fingers are very crossed, Sue!

What's that she has in her mouth? A stuffed toy?
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

greypoint

It's a very muddy stuffed cow! She loves to play - all you have to do is keep throwing a toy and she keeps bringing it back for more until she gets tired and flops down - very easy to exercise  ::)

krennon

1st competition for the camera club last night and I scored an 8/10 for my Lundy Sunset and a 9/10 for the Prowling Amur (both in the gallery) the judge was Nick Scott (lots of letters after his name and I'm sure some of you who are members of camera clubs will have come across him) who we've had before and he is always constructive with his critcism, kind with his comments and generous with his scores to the beginners/intermediates group (the category I come into at KCC)

Harsh and quite severe to the Advanced class (the L/A/F RPS's etc) but hey ho they should know better  ;)

Seriously I was well chuffed with my scores (didn't expect to score that highly) hope I can keep getting those sorts of scores though
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Oldboy

michaelb104

Well yesterday actually, we were given some passes to Silverstone to watch the BritCar 24 hour, so this made me feel good.  But what really made it special was that the passes were for the BRDC so we had a fantastic view of Luffield and Woodcote. 

Took quite a few photos but I haven't had chance to see what I actually came out with, it was a perfect opportunity to practice panning though!!!
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.