• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 48
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 40
  • Total: 40
Wish
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eileen

Glad to hear that things are not as bad as they first appeared Keith. I hope she makes a full recovery.

krennon

Thanks Eileen, it was good to hear she's coming out of hospital today.
WMMFGT was actually again last night really, was supposed to go to Hampton Court to see Imelda May, decided not to go because of the weather, which was a blow but ended up meeting my nephew and his missus for a drink or 3, followed by a curry never been to this curry house before and they do Sri Lankan dishes so decided to try something different, had something called a Kothu which is basically meat mixed with finely chopped naan bread (think of a chinese foo yung but instead of egg it's bread), and some other stuff it was absolutely gorgeous, will definately be going back there for that..... And it was really nice to see my nephew and his other half, he lives no more than a 15 minute walk away yet we somehow never see each other....but as we both work on Tolworth Broadway I suspect that will change drastically now.....now got to tidy up the house a bit so it's nice and tidy for when Mrs F comes home on Monday, do it today and I can relax for the rest of the weekend......will stay logged in though.....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Cathus

Went to a camera shop to get a new rucksack to find the shop price was £7 cheaper than the internet price - which was amongst the lowest I could find anyway - only to be told it was 10% off day so got it for £145 instead of £166

Mick

Got yourself a good deal there Garry.  With that sort of luck, I hope you bought a lottery ticket.   ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

spinner

Quote from: Cathus on August 27, 2011, 12:56:49 PM
Went to a camera shop to get a new rucksack to find the shop price was £7 cheaper than the internet price - which was amongst the lowest I could find anyway - only to be told it was 10% off day so got it for £145 instead of £166

Had a similar experience yesterday. My local office supply store had video cards on clearing for $37 when I went to cash out it was further discounted to $34. And I didn't go there for a video card just thought it a good deal and it Turned out a better one!
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

greypoint

..when they fly so close you can feel the wings moving....could have filled the frame with the nearer bird with and 18-50 at the short end - at 70mm it was just a wing  8)

Graham

Quote from: greypoint on August 28, 2011, 08:30:22 AM
..when they fly so close you can feel the wings moving....could have filled the frame with the nearer bird with and 18-50 at the short end - at 70mm it was just a wing  8)

Jeez. That was close!....They can break your arm you know. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

greypoint

The big alpha males can try to intimidate you [mmm...sounds faimilar  ::)] but mostly they're just a bit inquisitive and greedy ...in all my years of standing close to them I've only had one wing bashing!

Oldboy

You need to try that with Swifts!  :P

Graham

Just had a great day wandering the streets of London (Thanks for the coffee Alan :tup:)
  I walked a total of 273 miles (Or so my feet are telling me.)
               Pics to follow no doubt.
                               Graham.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

Great to meet up Graham. By the way I got the coffees but I forgot to pay for them! I thought they tasted particularly sweet. :legit:

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on August 30, 2011, 11:38:13 PM
Great to meet up Graham. By the way I got the coffees but I forgot to pay for them! I thought they tasted particularly sweet. :legit:
:2funny: :tup:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

Had my hardest wedding gig so far. Unruly 2 year olds spoiling the walk in to the registry office, uncooperative celebrant, noisy kids and guests messing around in background of shots, lousy weather and a venue for food just booked as a meal with other public access to rooms and grounds. Add to that a couple of crazy camera malfunctions that took out my favourite flash settings using BL feature and random over-exposures. Stress levels very high at first and almost pleased I was told no flash during the ceremony given my problems. Outcome - not a bad set if I say so myself and the bride was on the ohone to me last night in tears of gratitude. best response I`ve ever had to shots. I left in the one of one 2 year old walking into the door frame, the groom throwing his head back in anguish and the 2nd 2 yr old running to gran whilst the 5 year ols wlaks on ahead in his own formation of 1 as it summed up the chaotic family and she loved it. Made me laugh too so left it. Having said to myself early on I`ll never do another wedding - it made me realise why I want more and especially a higher end one to really express myself. Here`s hoping! Went through the whole camera set up on return , changed the batteries and all is normal again too  ???

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on September 02, 2011, 04:58:53 AM
Had my hardest wedding gig so far. Unruly 2 year olds spoiling the walk in to the registry office, uncooperative celebrant, noisy kids and guests messing around in background of shots, lousy weather and a venue for food just booked as a meal with other public access to rooms and grounds. Add to that a couple of crazy camera malfunctions that took out my favourite flash settings using BL feature and random over-exposures. Stress levels very high at first and almost pleased I was told no flash during the ceremony given my problems. Outcome - not a bad set if I say so myself and the bride was on the ohone to me last night in tears of gratitude. best response I`ve ever had to shots. I left in the one of one 2 year old walking into the door frame, the groom throwing his head back in anguish and the 2nd 2 yr old running to gran whilst the 5 year ols wlaks on ahead in his own formation of 1 as it summed up the chaotic family and she loved it. Made me laugh too so left it. Having said to myself early on I`ll never do another wedding - it made me realise why I want more and especially a higher end one to really express myself. Here`s hoping! Went through the whole camera set up on return , changed the batteries and all is normal again too  ???

Sounds like a nightmare; thank goodness it turned out to be just that!

Must have been very good to wake up to a grateful bride! Mmmm I don't think I express myself very clearly here, but you know what I mean! (I hope)
All's well that ends well!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Jonathan

Quote from: jinky on September 02, 2011, 04:58:53 AM
Had my hardest wedding gig so far.

Yeah that sounds pretty brutal - glad you survived.

As I said to the coordinator yesterday - "if we end the day with them married and without me being sued I'll take that as a win.  Anything else is gravy ;)"
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.