• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 31
  • Total: 31
Wish
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krennon

yesterday, started clearing the shed out (we need to get a new one as this one is showing it's age and beginning to lean and a lot of the boards have split now) four dump runs later, the sheds a lot tidier with a lot less in it, and also the area behind the shed is a lot clearer as well, had an old bbq and other detritus back there so that's all gone up the dump as well....off to London in a bit to go to the Salon Exhibition (see Abers thread) and also take a walk along the Southbank etc....taking advantage of the last couple of days before starting my new job next week... :tup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

ABERS

Quote from: krennon on August 03, 2011, 08:43:44 AM
yesterday, started clearing the shed out (we need to get a new one as this one is showing it's age and beginning to lean and a lot of the boards have split now) four dump runs later, the sheds a lot tidier with a lot less in it, and also the area behind the shed is a lot clearer as well, had an old bbq and other detritus back there so that's all gone up the dump as well....off to London in a bit to go to the Salon Exhibition (see Abers thread) and also take a walk along the Southbank etc....taking advantage of the last couple of days before starting my new job next week... :tup:

Enjoy :tup:

krennon

Soooo yesterday went to London went round the Salon Exhibition, there are some great photos on display and imo some not so great ones (sorry but our art is subjective and there were some shots there that I just personally didn't like) then took a right turn out of the mark mason hall, crossed over the double zebra crossing and walked down pall mall and found the old Royal Opera House Arcade......and lo n behold was Stephen Wiltshires gallery, he's the autistic gentleman who draws from memory, he's done London, New York etc and is probably one of the most fantastically gifted artists around today, well worth a visit, then walked up to the end of the arcade and came across one of those fantastic little italian cafe's that are fast disappearing as I was hungry and thirsty I had a huge ciabatta roll and a cappucino for £5.40....probably half the price it would've cost in Costa or Starbucks, Pret etc.....and alas didn't get to the southbank, because I ended up spending the entire afternoon/early evening at Covent Garden watching and photographing the street performers and have promised to send photos to a couple of them a good day out though and thoroughly enjoyed myself....piccys to be processed and then posted soonish :tup:

krennon

WOW WMFGT>>>>>Well the whole weekend actually

First on Saturday we sorted out a door for our kitchen we bough a pine door cut it in half length ways then put the 2 halves up so it's like a full length saloon door and looks really good, did it with some help from a friend and it was really nice seeing him as well (he's my best mate and I can honestly he's absolutely the best mate anyone could have) then Sunday went to the cat survival trust in Welywn www.catsurvivaltrust.org) and got some superb shots of the cats there, they take in big cats from around the country, but this was a photoshoot day organised by a chappie on the dyxum forum, no lions or tigers but they do have clouded leopard, amur leopards, pumas, snow leopards etc and we got to get up close and personal with them which was great (shots to be processed and posted soon.... :)
Then get home and the e-mail comes through that for the first time ever I have got IOTW thank you so much to Reinardina for choosing my image I really am chuffed to bits with that  :tup:, and then today I start my new job at 09:30 and as it's only 10-15 minutes walk away I can afford to take a bit of time out to post here before I have to leave. :tup:
All in all a fantastic weekend and I hope you all had good ones too

Reinardina

Quote from: krennon on August 08, 2011, 08:07:24 AM
WOW WMFGT>>>>>Well the whole weekend actually

First on Saturday we sorted out a door for our kitchen we bough a pine door cut it in half length ways then put the 2 halves up so it's like a full length saloon door and looks really good, did it with some help from a friend and it was really nice seeing him as well (he's my best mate and I can honestly he's absolutely the best mate anyone could have) then Sunday went to the cat survival trust in Welywn www.catsurvivaltrust.org) and got some superb shots of the cats there, they take in big cats from around the country, but this was a photoshoot day organised by a chappie on the dyxum forum, no lions or tigers but they do have clouded leopard, amur leopards, pumas, snow leopards etc and we got to get up close and personal with them which was great (shots to be processed and posted soon.... :)
Then get home and the e-mail comes through that for the first time ever I have got IOTW thank you so much to Reinardina for choosing my image I really am chuffed to bits with that  :tup:, and then today I start my new job at 09:30 and as it's only 10-15 minutes walk away I can afford to take a bit of time out to post here before I have to leave. :tup:
All in all a fantastic weekend and I hope you all had good ones too

Thrilled to bits I helped  to make your weekend a good one! I really did enjoy the old timers, and found it difficult to choose one. As we'd been singing so harmoniously(?), I settled for the pick-up.

Hope the job lives up to expectation!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Did a bit of shopping on fleaBay.

Acquired a used Metz ring flash for exactly the modest amount of cash I had saved up so far towards buying a new one. Had to get a mate in the UK to buy it on account of a UK only postal restriction, so it'll have to go in the post twice before it gets here. Still I don't have to wait until Christmas now, and should have plenty of time to crawl around the garden looking for insects before the winter hits.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

irv_b

WMMFGT

An internet acquaintance made me a sound and light trigger so I can do some burst balloon shot water droplet shots with a bit more accuracy etc so when I get some time I will play around and see what I can come up with!
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Eileen

Look forward to seeing thooe Irv. What made me happy was getting a second-hand copy of Don McCullin's 'Open Skies'. The black and white landscape pictures are very beautiful - very powerful works - scenes full of inky darkness, brooding skies and threads of silvery light. Wonderful stuff. And even a few still life and flower pictures.  :D My cup runneth over as I have just found that an exhibition of this and other of his work has opened at Tate Britian. It's on until March 2011 so I should manage to get there some time before it closes...

Oldboy

Quote from: Eileen on August 18, 2011, 08:28:03 PM
It's on until March 2011 so I should manage to get there some time before it closes...

You've either missed it or you mean March 2012!  :doh:  :2funny:

Markulous

WMMFGT

Not so much today as this week: going camping (just the two of us with the 3 dogs) and not just surviving it but thoroughly enjoying it! Diolch y Betws-y-Coed!  ;)
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Oldboy

Quote from: Markulous on August 18, 2011, 09:16:52 PM
WMMFGT

Not so much today as this week: going camping (just the two of us with the 3 dogs) and not just surviving it but thoroughly enjoying it! Diolch y Betws-y-Coed!  ;)

Glad you are having a great time.  :tup: My brother use to live around there for a few years.  ;D

Eileen

skellum

Quote from: Markulous on August 18, 2011, 09:16:52 PM
WMMFGT

I was there a few weeks ago with jimthetrain.  Infact it was the weekend Mick lost his internet connection and I posted to the site to explain things to all from a Hotel dinning room were we were eating and I could access the inhouse WiFi .  Not Hotel residents though we were camping at the site at the Swallow Falls Hotel.  Have you been to Swallow Falls yet ?, well worth a visit    :tup:   Which site are you camping at ? 

Jonathan

Machu-Picchu.

Yes I had to get up at 3:45 after walking 30 miles through mountains but it didn't disappoint.  Just as well really.

In other news, the first day of the Salkantay trek (17km with a 1km climb to 4,600m for the first 3 hours) with a 12 kilo pack is physically the hardest thing I've ever done.  Plus it was snowing.

http://twitter.com/#!/WeddingsByRyan/status/104390527419547648/photo/1
It's Guest's round

Graham

Quote from: Jonathan on August 19, 2011, 04:25:45 AM
Machu-Picchu.

Yes I had to get up at 3:45 after walking 30 miles through mountains but it didn't disappoint.  Just as well really.

In other news, the first day of the Salkantay trek (17km with a 1km climb to 4,600m for the first 3 hours) with a 12 kilo pack is physically the hardest thing I've ever done.  Plus it was snowing.

http://twitter.com/#!/WeddingsByRyan/status/104390527419547648/photo/1

Cleethorpes next year?
             Graham.  :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.