• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 57
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 50
  • Total: 50
aliexpress
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irv_b

Quote from: krennon on February 27, 2011, 08:18:10 PM
So went up the Museum of London with Irv for the street photography exhibition.....seriously good exhibition well worth it....then onto Hyde Park where the heavens opened.... :'( so Irv and his missus (who was soaked from walking to meet us) headed off....that wasn't such a good part of the day.....
then it brightened up....got a few shots of some of the speakers at Hyde Park...got into a discussion with a few of them (all banter of course) then finally got home at about 7:30pm cold and hungry but feeling that at least the day wasn't a total washout
If you get the chance to go to the museum of london for the exhibition then do it....it's seriously worth it...
Have to back up what Keith said the exhibition was fantastic well worth popping in in your lunchtime or after work if you are near the museum- I'm glad you managed to get some shots eventually we had to go the wife was soaked to the bone and is still in bed now trying to warm up but I'm sure we will get to go again  :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

krennon

Make her a hot chocolate and stick a slug of brandy in it and give her a hot water bottle..she'll soon warm up....seriously hope she gets warmed up soon, my fingers are still tingling from where my hands got so cold....glad to be home as well....

Definitely sort out another shoot maybe once the clocks have gone forward so we get a longer afternoon as well... :tup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Jonathan

It's Guest's round

hevans

Quote from: Jonathan on March 02, 2011, 08:38:12 AM
WMMFGT?

Frank Doorhof's blog.  http://www.frankdoorhof.com/site/?p=1286

Well done!

Did you ever make physical contact? You mentioned a while back about having a meet up with him.

H.

krennon

Great shot Jonathan, would love to know where you shot that (the next AP round is "Inside a Building" so need to find a really good location) and nice blog entry...love the lighting in the shot as well and the fact you go into detail about how you lit the shot is very useful (I know NOTHING about lighting at all  :-[)

Jonathan

Quote from: hevans on March 02, 2011, 08:52:49 AM

Well done!

Did you ever make physical contact? You mentioned a while back about having a meet up with him.

Thanks :)  Yeah I saw him while he was in Kent late last year.  Very inspiring.

Quote from: krennon on March 02, 2011, 08:56:53 AM
Great shot Jonathan, would love to know where you shot that (the next AP round is "Inside a Building" so need to find a really good location) and nice blog entry...love the lighting in the shot as well and the fact you go into detail about how you lit the shot is very useful (I know NOTHING about lighting at all  :-[)

Unfortunately you won't get in there.  We got special access for the day.  It was a killer location though.  Here's a cheeky little BTS showing the nice room.  And me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulophoto/5483941710/
It's Guest's round

krennon

Just had another look at the photo and saw that it had been shot on an A700  :tup:....See you can great shots with a  Sony  ;)
Like to know what lens he had on the front as well......cracking shot great perspective....

Jonathan

Yeah Paulo uses a Sony and a bunch of antique folding cameras.......

IIRC it was the Sigma 10-20.  Exif says it was at 10mm.  He robbed my lights ;)
It's Guest's round

bones615

Had a play with CS5 content aware - wow, not sure when or if i would find a use for it but its pretty amazing. Will have to find time to play with the rest of the program to see how far its moved on from the little i know about or use in CS1. Then start saving, but i dont think i could justify the expense as i rarely use CS1.

Graham

Quote from: bones615 on March 03, 2011, 06:45:27 PM
Had a play with CS5 content aware - wow, not sure when or if i would find a use for it but its pretty amazing. Will have to find time to play with the rest of the program to see how far its moved on from the little i know about or use in CS1. Then start saving, but i dont think i could justify the expense as i rarely use CS1.
It saves me a lot of time editing my gigpics, loosing inconsideratley placed mike stands, exit signs and so on.
                                      Graham. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

irv_b

We now have a chauffeur my lad  passed his driving test  today :fworks3: I'm really chuffed for him but it all comes at a cost £4400 for insurance on a 12 year old Ford Focus which is only worth £1500 :o
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

anglefire

How much?

Not looking forward to my 2 getting cars  :uglystupid2:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Quote from: irv_b on March 03, 2011, 07:27:45 PM
We now have a chauffeur my lad  passed his driving test  today :fworks3: I'm really chuffed for him but it all comes at a cost £4400 for insurance on a 12 year old Ford Focus which is only worth £1500 :o

Well done to your lad.  :tup:

Insurance is a bit of a joke but I can understand why.  :doh:

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on March 03, 2011, 11:26:40 PM
How much?

Not looking forward to my 2 getting cars  :uglystupid2:

It won't be the cost of the insurance that stops them, they won't be able to afford the petrol!  :'(

krennon

Car Insurance is a rip off, last year I paid about £600.00 fully comp, got a renewal through and it had shot up to nearly a grand, think it was £984.00, got onto confused and the meerkat site  ;) and got a quote for jsut over £500....threw in a couple of extras and with the "interest for dd payments" it came to just over £700.00 still saving nearly £300.00.....and that's with me only having had my licence for a couple of years now...but no accidents at all...so beginning to build the no claims now...

Irv if he puts you and Rose on the ins it may reduce the price a bit (not much but a bit)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.