• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 32
  • Total: 32
photobox
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

A friend emailed this.

Why I like Retirement

Question: How many days in a week?
Answer: 6 Saturdays, 1 Sunday
Question: When is a retiree's bedtime?
Answer: Three hours after he/she falls asleep on the couch.
Question: How many retirees to change a light bulb?
Answer: Only one, but it might take all day.
Question: What's the biggest gripe of retirees?
Answer: There is not enough time to get everything done.
Question: Why don't retirees mind being called Seniors?
Answer: The term comes with a 10% discount.
Question: Among retirees what is considered formal attire?
Answer: Tied shoes.
Question: Why do retirees count pennies?
Answer: They are the only ones who have the time.
Question: What is the common term for someone who enjoys work
and refuses to retire?
Answer: NUTS!
Question: Why are retirees so slow to clean out the basement, attic
or garage?
Answer: They know that as soon as they do, one of their adult kids
will want to store stuff there.
Question: What do retirees call a long lunch?
Answer: Normal.

And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Eileen

Nice work Keith - it's great when things come together.

And I'm really glad your son got his place Irv (must admit I'd assumed he was off to Bristol too). My neice is waiting for her A level results to see if she can take up her place to study as a vet. Fingers crossed...

ABERS

I wasn't being clever about Brunel and Bristol, I only knew because my elder daughter got her degree there.

By the way retiring really takes some getting used to, it took me nearly three weeks.

Eileen

My niece got her results yesterday and is off to vet school.  :tup: She's wanted to be a vet since a small child so this is her dream come true and she is very happy.  :)

ABERS

Isn't it great when everything comes together as planned. Congratulations to your niece Eileen.
I expect you'll be buying her a pair of long rubber gloves to start her off ;)

Jonathan

Had a call from a client.  They were in Costco trying to get prints of their wedding.  Costco refused to print the pictures I'd taken because they looked professional.

FINALLY!!!!!
It's Guest's round

irv_b

Quote from: Eileen on August 20, 2010, 06:11:34 AM
My niece got her results yesterday and is off to vet school.  :tup: She's wanted to be a vet since a small child so this is her dream come true and she is very happy.  :)

Many congrats to her Eileen :) It's great when you follow your dreams and they are fulfilled  (even if she still has a way to go) :tup:

Are they coming back to you to get them printed then Jonathan -KKKerching!!!  ;)
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Graham

Quote from: Jonathan on August 20, 2010, 06:58:10 PM
Had a call from a client.  They were in Costco trying to get prints of their wedding.  Costco refused to print the pictures I'd taken because they looked professional.

FINALLY!!!!!
Have you contacted Costco to let them know your aware of it and that they did the right thing?
                             Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

picsfor

Quote from: Graham on August 21, 2010, 07:13:35 AM

FINALLY!!!!!
Have you contacted Costco to let them know your aware of it and that they did the right thing?
                             Graham.

Interesting point - i suppose a letter wouldn't go amiss. Might even prompt them to look at your site...

Jonathan

It's a global policy of Costco - set by "head office" and enforced by mystery shopping.  They know that it's Costco that would be infringing copyright ;)

BTW client had bought rights and files.  They forgot to take their letter with them.....
It's Guest's round

alan1572

finally getting a cheque of our insurance company :)
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

picsfor

I done a paid job shooting a birthday party.
Not a great amount i admit, but the first time i've done a paid shoot in a long while.
And of course, i had the issue of the reactolite glasses causing havoc with the flash.

Just got a call to say they are chuffed to bits with the pictures presented and the birthday girl wants an A4 copy of each pic and others all want copies of several of the pics.

I won't get rich, and i don't really care, but right now i feel almost as competent as some of the pro's on this site! :tup: :D
I can almost understand the draw of the profession...

alan1572

Quote from: picsfor on August 22, 2010, 06:41:00 PM
I done a paid job shooting a birthday party.
Not a great amount i admit, but the first time i've done a paid shoot in a long while.
And of course, i had the issue of the reactolite glasses causing havoc with the flash.

Just got a call to say they are chuffed to bits with the pictures presented and the birthday girl wants an A4 copy of each pic and others all want copies of several of the pics.

I won't get rich, and i don't really care, but right now i feel almost as competent as some of the pro's on this site! :tup: :D
I can almost understand the draw of the profession...

nice one :tup: if the client is happy then that's all you can do
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

anglefire

FINALLY!!!!!

I take it you don't really mean that you finally got your images to look professional :)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.