• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 42
  • Total: 42
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deetus

Quote from: Just Dave on April 26, 2010, 12:54:46 PM
Congrats Dave, pleased you did well at the fair lets hope more sales come your way  :)

Thanks Dave, certainly hope so.

As an aside to this I was speaking to a wedding photographer at the fair and she reckons the bottom's dropped out of the wedding business in Fife. Don't know whether this is due to the recession or what but apparently the favourite place for weddings in Fife is in receivership.

Just Dave

Hi

WMMFG, Bye guys see you when I get home.

Nice Dave, best of luck with your sales

See you all later  :)
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Simple

As an aside to this I was speaking to a wedding photographer at the fair and she reckons the bottom's dropped out of the wedding business in Fife. Don't know whether this is due to the recession or what but apparently the favourite place for weddings in Fife is in receivership.

Isn't Karen from the old DCM site in Fife? Hope she is alright.

jimthetrain

Just found that my sigma 1.4x convertor and canon 70-200 2.8is on the 7D still gives me autofocus. This didn't happen on the 40D so never bothered with that combo again. Don't need to sell it now. :tup:
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

minky_monkey

Still on a high from watching Kingstonian come back from 2-1 down to win 2-4 in the Ryman League playoff semi final.

Onwards to Borehamwood on saturday!!!

C`mon you K`s!!

jinky

Currys MMFGT
Will finally be ordering my dreamed of D700 today. Currys have a voucher offer (10MAY) which means it is over £100 chjeaper than anywhere else. Not only that but Nikon in Frame newsletter advised yesterday that if I buy in next two months Nikon will supply an MBD10 battery grip free on proof of purchase ;D
Can`t be bad and worth putting off the purchase. I had been waiting for £150 in Jessops vouchers from a prize I won to relcutantly buy there (hate Leeds Jessops) but I`ll use that for something else now. Might just see if Jacobs price match as I really wanted to support them but doubt they will.
My photography will soon plummet to lower depths as I learn how to use the beast! ;) probably be a week before I get it.

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on May 01, 2010, 08:58:31 AM
Currys MMFGT
Will finally be ordering my dreamed of D700 today. Currys have a voucher offer (10MAY) which means it is over £100 chjeaper than anywhere else. Not only that but Nikon in Frame newsletter advised yesterday that if I buy in next two months Nikon will supply an MBD10 battery grip free on proof of purchase ;D
Can`t be bad and worth putting off the purchase. I had been waiting for £150 in Jessops vouchers from a prize I won to relcutantly buy there (hate Leeds Jessops) but I`ll use that for something else now. Might just see if Jacobs price match as I really wanted to support them but doubt they will.
My photography will soon plummet to lower depths as I learn how to use the beast! ;) probably be a week before I get it.

They don't do price match but will knock money off if you ask. Just ask what's the best price if I buy today.  ;D

Alfonso_Frisk

W/E have it on their site with free grip
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

jinky

Well Jessops agreed to price match the Currys price but Jacobs  - where I am on first name terms with the manager - said they could not and let me walk away. Jacobs said it was worth paying the extra £100 or so and getting the Nikon Loyalty Club membership hich independents do but I don`t want any of the lenses listed so no go there.Both had to call head office and both were staggered by currys offer. Jacobs area manager came in as I talked and was so annoyed he was all set to complain to Niko that Currys were underselling the D700 until he realised it was a blanket reduction on stuff over £1k.

All offered a free grip - which of course I already knew about as a Nikon offer that I will get if I buy through Currys. WE sent me an email with the free grip - which is the same redemption method as buying it anywhere - but are over £100 more than Currys.
So I am leaving it to middle of next week in the hope that my Jessops vouchers have arrived to use against purchase there  think. The only worry I have is that Currys may withdraw the offer by the time I am ready and Jessops will only match their current offer price so still has to be on.
My mate has just bought a 7D there but Jacobs is suddenly a pound less today. Noticed they have changed their prices on CameraPricebuster site too for D700 but still £84 more.

QUESTION - anybody on here in the Nikon Loyalty group through purchase at an independent camera shop and have you benefitted from it for the lens discounts making the £84 worth paying. I like Jacobs and would have ideally purchased there but ....

Graham

First off, your going to just love that camera. :tup:
    I'm not sure but I think your going to have to buget for the superduper battery (EN-EL4a)....and of course the charger (MH22).
    Be sitting down when you look them up. :o
    Are your lenses compatable with full frame?
                 Have fun.   Graham.  :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

I'm not sure but I think your going to have to budget for the superduper battery (EN-EL4a)....and of course the charger (MH22).
Cheers Graham. I have gone and ordered it from Currys in case the deal goes before  get the Jessops vouchers. I they come before delivery I can cancel FOC and re-order with Jessops so deffo on.

I thought I could still use  EN-EL3e batteries with it - that`s what they all say and the grip comes with an adaptor to take them too. Might be more life in the EL4a and a future purchase maybe but OK for now?

As for lenses all my main ones are with the exception of one of my favourites - my Siggy 10-20. Figure initially I`ll keep that on D80 as a back up ready for use where needed. I`ve also an 18-200 Nikon DX lens. I`m thinking the D80 will be my travel camera - probably wont be once I`ve used the D700. Guess I might end up selling those 2 and my next purchase will have to be a 14-24

picsfor

I may be a Canon man but i've seen the D700 in action with a few users.
The D80 is going on eBay some 30 seconds after the D700 has been in your hands. And if you're still trying to persist - then about 30 seconds after you download the pictures.

My mate got a D300 and couldn't touch the D80 again afterwards (he sold it) - the D700 is even better.
The IQ is just so much nicer - bit like me trying to compare my 5D MkII with the old 40D. I couldn't use either the 30D or 40D after taking out the 5D MkII on its first trip.

Oldboy

Quote from: picsfor on May 01, 2010, 05:33:59 PM

My mate got a D300 and couldn't touch the D80 again afterwards (he sold it) - the D700 is even better.
The IQ is just so much nicer - bit like me trying to compare my 5D MkII with the old 40D. I couldn't use either the 30D or 40D after taking out the 5D MkII on its first trip.

I've still got my D200 and use sometimes instead of the D3. In bright light it still gives great pictures, so surprised that others are ditching their previous cameras.  :o

picsfor

It's not just IQ - although i have to say the 5D MkII can produce some rather stunning images - some times too much resolution

but it's also the functionality.

My 30D & 40D only went up to 3200iso and that was just being desperate to get 'a shot' let alone 'the shot'. My 5D MkII gets dialled up to 6400iso without even a thought, and sometimes deliberately.
I'm a person who shoots in low light frequently so neither of those were ever gonna match that. Also the controls have been refined to a point where everything can be changed without taking my hands off the camera. The earlier menus and buttons required a bit of tinkering.

Remember, i'm not saying the D80 takes bad pictures - heck look at Wayne D's stuff! I'm merely saying the change from D80 to D700 is so vast that it will be hard to go back to the old again.

Hinfrance

I'm with Oldboy - I use my old body about as much as I use the new one. The lenses are what make the big difference for me. Not the extra 5mp or better low light performance from a more recent sensor. Although the handling is identical.

That said, jinky is world famous published competition winner, and he deserves the best. ;) I'm so pleased for you Paul. I hope that it is everything and more that you are looking forward to.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.