• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 58
  • Total: 58
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Weekly Competition Chat thread: 10th – 16th 2011 Subject: On Reflection

Started by stevebedder, October 09, 2011, 07:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevebedder

Chat Thread

This week's topic is On Reflection

Take a picture of a reflection, it could be a reflection of yourself, someone else, of something living or something built, engineered or made, it could be a reflection in water, glass, mirror or anything reflective.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 10th October 2011 to 23:59 Sunday 16th October 2011 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 16th October 2011.
Poll will be up Tuesday 17th October 2011.
Winner to be announced Saturday 22nd October 2011.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Good luck everyone  :tup:

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on October 14, 2011, 02:10:09 PM
If you haven't already, don't forget to snap your entry.  :tup: :beer:

So far I took only very traditional reflection shots! Haven't found anything spectacular, or different. Took some autumnal shots this morning, some of which include the duckpond, so I hope they came out a bit more ... well, you know ... not tóó traditional.
I'm now going to have a look at them.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

You can't say I do not immediately spring into action, when prompted to enter for the competition!

It is one of the run of the mill reflections, as I did not have the time/luck/ ideas to go for something special!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Not having any lakes or standing water available, I resorted to my old favourite - shop, or in this case, bank, windows. I thought it was a interesting juxtaposition.

So you don't have to go the entry thread to look at it, it's here:

God and Mammon:

Downloaded a trial of CS5 so I can see what I'm missing; did it partly in that and partly in Photoplus, finished it off in Elements. There has to be an easier way  :uglystupid2:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Markulous

I've gone for the slightly subtle reflection but with a distinctly unsubtle subject matter!

The Walkers

Canon G11, CP
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Beaux Reflets

Out of my tree this week with an abstract shot, Background Within

And not a fan of rugby by a long chalk  :2funny:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

michaelb104

Managed to get an entry done this week whilst the other half is getting ready to go to a black tie do with work, luckily I was not invited  :tup:

I had thought about going down to the river as it's a really still night and thought I might get some reflections in the water, but I see I've already been beaten to that idea with some excellent shots.

So I'm in with this 'mirror mirror on the wall' but actually the mirror was stood on a table!!

Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Markulous

Can anyone remind me? Are we allowed to change our entry as I prefer this, taken today

Canon G11
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

jimthetrain

You can change your mind as much as you like provided there is a picture up by midnight Monday. I think some people don't post early for this very reason.
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

stevebedder

Well thats my entry posted  :D

It wasn't what I was planning on doing but am quite pleased with the picture....

I was just playing around taking shots of anything reflective in my office and it wasn't until I looked at this shot on my PC that I realised it had a couple of "reflections" - the one in the head of the lamp, but then the pictures too (which weren't placed for the shot, they are always there). There's 4 generations of my family in those pictures - my grandad (who is no longer with us), my dad, me and my son.

Good luck all  :tup:

Beaux Reflets

Great entries again this week, it is going to be hard to select one  :-\  above another :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

irv_b

^^ gotta agree the standard is getting better and my effort wasn't that great or original so I'll wait for next week!
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.