• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 23
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 46
  • Total: 46
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

how much?

Started by DigiDiva, April 16, 2015, 06:33:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiDiva

I am waiting for the German company who own Capri-Sonne to get back to me regarding buying my recent lamb drinking Capri-Sonne image for an add campaign. I would have no idea how much to ask for/expect if they say yes.

What do you guys think?
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Graham

First thing to know is how they intend to use it (Billboards, posters, press, web etc). How long for and in what territories ((UK, Europe,worldwide.)
  Then have a look at somewhere like Alamy see what they would expect and take it from there.
  I would be delighted to have such an inquiry! :dance:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

Big bucks. Did they approach you? Make sure you limit size / where image is posted to save stealing / arguments. You`d think they`d be wary of animal cruelty  type issues arising given the negative publicity they get about children and such drinks and the Facebook "mouldy in the bag" Caprisun stories. Good luck anyway and remember they are a big company. Name exposure is nothing you want cash  ;).

DigiDiva

Haha, no such luck about them approaching me. I approached them and they have said they will get back to me. They might think it wrong that a lamb is drinking capri-sonne but we have a saying here..."Shy bairns get nowt" so what can I loose by approaching them?

Maybe it's a pipe dream but who the he*l knows if I don't try?

Oldboy

Check this out DD.

http://www.londonfreelance.org/rates/index.html

Should give you enough information on price. Nothing wrong in sending in photos off your own bat. Good luck.  :tup:

jinky

I was looking everywhere for that Oldboy - well done.
Yes you get nowt for not trying DD. Worth a punt. I was just meaning if they found it for themselves somehow you might want to make sure your copyright is embedded and limit further access to them.

I had a picture on just here and Flickr once with no tags just a title East meets West and a German TV company approached me to use the image. I asked about how it would be used aiming to use the link Oldboy posted and they started saying " Oh we`re just a community channel but we`ll credit you". On that basis I refused but then found some time later they were using it anyway as I`d saved a page they had referenced to keep a check on them. An email with a request that they pay me x amount or take it down was met with an apology and taking it down - no cash egg :(.

Anyway good luck

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on April 16, 2015, 09:29:10 AM
I was looking everywhere for that Oldboy - well done.

Could have searched on CC as I put the link on here before.  :tup:

DigiDiva

Thanks for the replies and the link. A handy link it is too. I did watermark the image and stress that it is copyright and expect them to respect that and not share, use or distribute without my permission. I may hear nothing back but you never know.

I am feeling quite positive about my work at the moment. I woke up to it the other day, having looked at some images classed as 'stunning' still life images and 'stunning' landscape images etc. I realised that some of my work can be as good if not better and have set about an action plan.

Have approached several magazines too, and one quite esablished magazine 'Living North' are happy to do a feature, but I need to gather a few more 'Summery' images (and soon) first. This sun had better stay put this weekend!

I jsut want others to get pleasure from my images and if, along the way, I make some pennies, well thats an added bonus.

ABERS

Quote from: DigiDiva on April 16, 2015, 01:25:59 PM
Thanks for the replies and the link. A handy link it is too. I did watermark the image and stress that it is copyright and expect them to respect that and not share, use or distribute without my permission. I may hear nothing back but you never know.

I am feeling quite positive about my work at the moment. I woke up to it the other day, having looked at some images classed as 'stunning' still life images and 'stunning' landscape images etc. I realised that some of my work can be as good if not better and have set about an action plan.

Have approached several magazines too, and one quite esablished magazine 'Living North' are happy to do a feature, but I need to gather a few more 'Summery' images (and soon) first. This sun had better stay put this weekend!

I jsut want others to get pleasure from my images and if, along the way, I make some pennies, well thats an added bonus.

Interesting slant on the way forward, especially on the comparison of your work against images that are considered stunning. Where can we see these images and more importantly who rates them as stunning?

"I jsut want others to get pleasure from my images and if, along the way, I make some pennies, well thats an added bonus."

Perhaps if you posted more images here on CC, apart from the weekly competition, we all might get pleasure from your images. I can only find three in your galleries, one still life and two beach pictures. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place.

Good luck with your proposal to the Living North magazine.  :tup:

jinky

It is always interesting to see who judges what picture as stunning. Always hard to compare yourself when the viewers have such varying judgements about what constitutes good photography. Facebook creases me most in terms of the  variations. You get a blurred camera phone shot up decreed as "fantastic" by many of their friends and viewers and then a few belting landscapes from some that would be known on here that get scant comment  or "nice pic you must have a good camera". My daughter tells me that I annoyed a "friend of a friend" so much when she made such a comment and replied " Yes it was worth the money to buy a decent DSLR  that I could just point in the general direction and let it do it`s thing" that she deleted her comment and moaned to her friend about me. Good!

As for where people choose to post images it`s up to DD where she puts them Abers. Maybe DD realises there is so little comment here that it is not worthwhile. I am trying to push myself lately to put up a few now and again that make me smile / that I like but must admit I use Facebook more - largely to keep friends and family abreast of what I am doing and because I have lots of "friends" on there whose photography I admire and who often comment.

ABERS

Apologies DD, I see your web link on your posts and your images.

Didn't know that Facebook had picture sites Jinky, I thought it was purely for gossip or messaging. I joined it when one of my grandsons went on a world backpacking trip, so that we could keep in touch. He's been back nearly a year so it's a long time since I've been on it.

DigiDiva

Thanks Abers. My website, though up for a yearish, is so out of date and has so few images on it, I ought to be ashamed. I often google such things as "100 stunning still life photos" or simply "Still Life" or whatever, and you get links to 100 of the best etc. Who knows who rates them as stunning.

i.e. http://121clicks.com/inspirations/still-life-photography-50-stunning-examples

Reinardina

Had a look at the examples. Some nice ones, but a load of very run of the mill images.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Quote from: ABERS on April 17, 2015, 11:54:13 AM
Apologies DD, I see your web link on your posts and your images.

Didn't know that Facebook had picture sites Jinky, I thought it was purely for gossip or messaging. I joined it when one of my grandsons went on a world backpacking trip, so that we could keep in touch. He's been back nearly a year so it's a long time since I've been on it.

No not really a picture site. In fact most decent photographers I know still post to it from Flickr highlighting it`s best to look at them there as they state  algorhythms used mush up images. That's said at the size of the images and on a screen they don't look to bad to me but not a place for best work.

Reinardina

Chris, have you heard anything?

And now I am going back in time, how did you get on with your bathroom? What did you decide to do, picture wise? Can we see the result?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.