• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 54
  • Total: 54
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

LR 4 Beta Available

Started by picsfor, January 10, 2012, 02:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom4/

The above beta 1 is now out for testing, for those brave enough or interested enough.

picsfor

Downloaded it, and given it a quick go.
Has some interesting features in, as well as some improved features, though still no option of a square or rectangular brush tool like you can get in Photoshop.

For Alan, you can compose your Blurb books directly from LR4 and upload them straight to publish.
For those who want geo tagging, it has been included in a different way to iPhoto's and Aperture - but it suits me.
File import was definitely quicker.
The brush tool now incorporates moire and noise - which for the B&W editing is a bit of a bonus.
The Edit/ undo feature now allows you to undo every thing - under LR3 it would only go as far back as a previous export...
That's just for starters. I've imported one shoot and played with one picture - but i've got to be careful because i could get carried away.

Reason being - i found it to be a lot more leaner on system use - my iMac can occasionally huff and puff a bit with LR3, but every thing seems to work smoother here.

So, on the above basis - i'm definitely a contender for upgrading. New iMac, or upgrade to LR4 - think i know which is cheaper  :tup:

Oldboy

Quote from: picsfor on January 10, 2012, 09:53:45 PM
So, on the above basis - i'm definitely a contender for upgrading. New iMac, or upgrade to LR4 - think i know which is cheaper  :tup:

Yes, a new Windows PC.  :P

Jonathan

Quote from: picsfor on January 10, 2012, 09:53:45 PM
Reason being - i found it to be a lot more leaner on system use - my iMac can occasionally huff and puff a bit with LR3, but every thing seems to work smoother here.

Interesting.  Adobe betas are generally slow (possibly they leave debug code in) and some people are reporting LR4 sluggish.  On that basis it should fly.

Too busy to look at the beta - IIRC different versions of LR don't play nicely on the same machine and I can't swap my production version to a beta ATM.  But I won't even think about whether to upgrade or not.  When it's quiet I'll just pay the Adobe tax.  Even if they haven't fixed any of the preview bugs...
It's Guest's round

Oldboy

If anybody is considering buying Lightroom 3 then it's now half price in the Adobe store. http://mail.adobe-direct.com/v?xnvHHcWEJJnWHlcJ
;D

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.