• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 248
  • Total: 248
  • Google
  • Bingbot
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT: COLOUR, BRIGHT, VIVID COLOUR. Weekly Competition 25 - 31 March 2013.

Started by Reinardina, March 24, 2013, 08:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

CHAT: COLOUR, BRIGHT, VIVID COLOUR.  Weekly Competition 25 - 31 March 2013.

The UK* seems wrapped in a monochrome cloak; all greys down in the South and whites further North.
It turns our moods black (mine anyway) and almost everyone is getting tired of it. But we cannot change the weather.
We can however, bring some colour to the weekly competition!

I would like to see photographs with bright, vivid colours, or colour, as a single colour could work equally well. Of anything!
Real colour, as in flowers, or artificial as in painted things, or acquired through editing.

* Those of you who live in better climes, reveal your colours! (They don't have to be true.)

No restrictions on Post Processing

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 25th Mar 2013 to 23:59 Sunday 31st Mar 2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 1st April 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 2nd April 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 6th April 2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.

Setting the Poll: http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=382.msg37211;topicseen#new

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on March 28, 2013, 09:11:33 AM
Well we have a lot of white around still - is that a colour?  ;)

Is white a colour? Is black? I'd hoped you'd find something colourful in that white!

Can't you just prick your thumb and splash a bit of red in all that white? It doesn't have to be much, with a macro lens you can get a good picture!

Actually, the sun is out at the moment. Still very cold though!

Reinardina

Can't you just pepperpot* your thumb and splash a bit of red in all that white? It doesn't have to be much, with a macro lens you can get a good picture!

Is p.r.i.c.k (without the full stops) a forbidden word? I typed the above sentence and the p word is replaced by another p word: pepperpot.

* Must be a joke. I tried to replace pepperpot with that other p word, but the site isn't having it!

jinky

Read that quickly and though you were calling me a prick just then

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on March 28, 2013, 11:28:00 AM
Read that quickly and though you were calling me a pepperpot just then

You mean a real pepperpot, one of those things that sprinkle spicy stuff?
I'd never do that! I would not really know, if it were a compliment or an insult.

Or do you mean that other P word? The word the site won't accept?
I have never ever called anyone that! So I definitely would not start with you!

Delamanda

How right you are about needing some colour.  I managed to find some colourful furniture on the pavement.  BTW @R I didn't prick my thumb taking it or typing this - maybe you have strict internet controls on?  Or maybe when I press reply, mine too will be pepper potted! (It did split that last word into two, though!)

Delamanda

.. and indeed it has changed my p-word to pepper pot.  I feel the urge to try out other words now and see what they change to!

Reinardina

Quote from: Delamanda on March 28, 2013, 11:43:32 AM
How right you are about needing some colour.  I managed to find some colourful furniture on the pavement.  BTW @R I didn't pepperpot my thumb taking it or typing this - maybe you have strict internet controls on?  Or maybe when I press reply, mine too will be pepper potted! (It did split that last word into two, though!)

Gosh Del, you did  find colour! So far, I only have one shot ready, with one colour.

I think it must be the site that does the pepperpotting. Wonder if the word pricking will survive.

Edit: that word did survive.
Like you Del, I'd like to try this out, but at the moment I'm having a sneaky internet session, in the middle of another job. Better go back to my chores!

Reinardina

I do apologise, there was an entry in the word censor, which was added a couple of years ago when we were playing about with it.. 

I've corrected it now.  :tup:

Mick's explanation for the pepperpot mystery. All is back to normal. Pity  really. I quite enjoyed it!

Reinardina

I hunted for vibrant colour in the streets of Southampton, and came home with a handful of candids.

Decided to enter this one, as it's all colour!

But ... I am having doubts, whether the Mum and Toddler might have been better.
I'll have to think about it and sleep on it etc.
Very much torn between the two.

Vibrant:

Beaux Reflets

I understand the dilemma Reinardina :tup: - I need to come up with an idea  :-\
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on March 30, 2013, 12:46:57 PM
I understand the dilemma Reinardina :tup: - I need to come up with an idea  :-\

You don't need an idea, just some vivid, vibrant colour!

jinky

Took this last Monday when doing a shoot for a local magazine in the town centre. Saw these primulas in a flower bed in Millennium Square in Leeds lookig down to the Town hall and so colourful. Might be the only chance I get to put an entry in as lots on today and tomorrow with visitors.And yes - we still have snow though slowly melting now.
Spring and Winter

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.