• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 281
  • Total: 281
  • Google
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Polo Mints

Started by Just Dave, December 17, 2010, 08:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Dave

Hi

A Bit bored today, so had a go at these linked Polo Mints, what do you think? C+C welcome

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Trickee

Well Dave the only thing that distracts me is the rough edging on the packaging otherwise a nice creative shot  :)

Just Dave

Thanks yeah your right I'll do a re shoot later today thanks again  :tup:
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

alan1572

i agree Dave, the link is great the packaging needs a little work, great work
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Just Dave

Thanks Trickee and Alan

I under exposed by 2 stops, did try a bit of burn and dodge in PP didnt quite get it right so went with this shot.

Anyway think I need to do a re shoot to improve it, as Im not that happy with it, Looking at it now, dont like the ragged edges on the wrappers, should have used scissors, to cut it straight I think, dunno be interested to hear what members think,

Ripped ?

or

Cut ?

and turn the mint over in the tube, so Polo word is visible as well

Also the light is just from natural window light, no other
lighting

Not happy with the graining on the blue guess that came from the under exposing as, shot -1 didnt show much and 0 shots showed no graining, any ideas

Little tweaks LOL

thanks again for all your inputs

Dave

Graham

First off. I don't have the patience to try this kind of shot, so hat's off to you for trying.
      I think with this kind of thing, detail is everything.
      So.
            I'm fine with the torn edge on the open end because it looks natural.
            I'd like to see the closed end tidied up a bit.
            Perhaps rotate the tube to show all of the "Polo" logo.
            Yes, turn the mint in the tube around.
            And maybe turn the linked mints in a bit, say, 45 degrees to the tube.
     I think your lighting is quite good, and even if you had a studio full of lights you'd only be trying to recreate window light.

Graham. :tup:

How did you link them? I'd be reaching for a junior hacksaw! ::)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Just Dave

Many thanks Graham I'll give your ideas a go, I just snapped the polo in half threaded it through the hole, dampened the 4 edges pressed them back together till they stuck  :tup: I did try cutting a section out but the mint just kept snapping

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.