• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 134
  • Total: 134
  • Google
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT-50:50-Weekly Comp 18-26/4/20

Started by Hinfrance, April 18, 2020, 01:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

50:50

This is the CHAT THREAD

The ENTRIES THREAD is HERE

Time to try something that might (or might not) be a bit of fun. This week's challenge is 50:50, or Half and Half. Take two images and combine them in such a way that half of the image is of one picture and half of another - they do not have to be of the same scale, but should combine to make one sensible (or stupid) combination. I'll add some examples to this thread so you can see what I am driving at.

Interpret and edit how you wish, no holds barred on the PP.

Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday 26th April 2020
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59 Monday 27th April 2020.
Poll will be up Tuesday 28th April 2020.

Winner to be announced Saturday 2nd May 2020.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to;

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

jinky

Could be fun if my lockdown brain can get into action

Hinfrance

There is, of course, no reason why the split cannot be vertical or diagonal . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

jinky

I seem to be getting my camera out rather rarely just now so did last weeks and this weeks entries on the same day when I saw the theme come up. Might have another go if situation presents itself this week
Lockdown

Hinfrance

My trusty old Psion llXP which dates from the late 1980s and was my main on the move tool for complex financial calculations and data storage. It still works, although the datapack for the financial calculator no longer functions*. The bottom half is my current phone.

*Later - got it working - took the pack out and put it in the other port :) I cannot for the life of me remember how to use it!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Jediboy

My photo didn't quite go to plan, as in I didn't take a photo. I completely lost track of time yesterday, and sat down to watch Homeland and at about 1000 last night my wife asked me if I had taken the photo I had been talking about all day.  :doh: :doh:
As a result I had to go through my archives and this was the best I could do.

Fire and Ice.

May the Force be with you.

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.