• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 62
  • Total: 62
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Blimey it's out of beta!

Started by happypaddler, September 02, 2009, 04:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

happypaddler

Just been across and to the other site to see how quite it was and noticed a lot of new topic areas within the forum section. I then remover "beta" from the url and it seems the site is up any running - not that I'm in any way suggesting we all move over there - I'm more than happy here!

Hybridphotog

Yep. It seems they've decided it's working.

So much for error testing and the alleged fixes.

Mick

Nice of them to tell me its gone live.  If it wasn't for this place I wouldn't have known.  ::)

Tried helping them out for over two years, and they can't even be bothered to tell me.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Eileen

I'm stunned. None of the main bugs on their list are fixed as far as I can see (pictures look better but still not as good as here or any other site, you still see different pictures in the galleries depending on whether you are logged in or not, videos still don't work if you are using Firefox with Adblocker). No announcement or explanation for the change on the main site. And they didn't even tell Mick! Bizarre.  :o

Jonathan

I believe that's what's known as a soft launch.

I believe the people who decided not to tell the mods are known as tossers.
It's Guest's round

Mick

Quote from: Jonathan on September 02, 2009, 06:55:47 PM
I believe that's what's known as a soft launch.

I believe the people who decided not to tell the mods are known as tossers.

:D  :D  :D

My Gallery

OpenSea

greypoint

Everything is for the best in this best of all possible worlds.......the answer to all their problems is to put their fingers in their ears and sing lalalalalala ....altogether now....

Spiritflier

Looks to me like they've spent an inordinate amount of time and effort in a vain attempt to polish a turd!
Even the forum looks the same!
S*d 'em I say!

Oldboy

Quote from: greypoint on September 02, 2009, 07:01:06 PM
Everything is for the best in this best of all possible worlds.......the answer to all their problems is to put their fingers in their ears and sing lalalalalala ....altogether now....

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

CML-1591

Quote from: Eileen on September 02, 2009, 06:33:44 PM
I'm stunned. None of the main bugs on their list are fixed as far as I can see (pictures look better but still not as good as here or any other site)

All i get are picture errors for here!
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

DavidHammond

Just popped on to have a look.

There's an awful lot of negativity on their forums... not a good start for those new members on their 1st visit.

Jonathan

Tell me they have deleted all the posts where they asked people to find bug and then accused them of whinging........
It's Guest's round

Mick

Quote from: CML-1591 on September 02, 2009, 07:47:54 PM

All i get are picture errors for here!

Sorry to hear that Craig.  What version of safari are you using?   I believe Jonathan had some problems with a earlier version.   Also, what are the errors you are getting please?

My Gallery

OpenSea

Mick

Quote from: Jonathan on September 02, 2009, 08:02:19 PM
Tell me they have deleted all the posts where they asked people to find bug and then accused them of whinging........

Nope, they are all still there as far as I can see.  ::) ???

My Gallery

OpenSea

Mick

Quote from: admin on September 02, 2009, 08:10:01 PM
Quote from: Jonathan on September 02, 2009, 08:02:19 PM

Nope, they are all still there as far as I can see.  ::) ???

To be honest I've had enough now.  They can stick it.  :tup:

My Gallery

OpenSea

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.