• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 24
  • Total: 24
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Weekend Meet - 23/24/25 April - note the new thread title!

Started by picsfor, January 01, 2010, 11:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

During the 'Abers Meet of 2009' a meet with an overnight stay was mentioned.

It is the purpose of this thread to see if such a meet would be viable.

As discussed - the plan is for a weekend meet down Cornwall way in April (as the weather improves but before the tourist madness).
One or more cars would be used to get there and back with and the aim of the meet would be to enjoy some early morning (sunrise) and late night (sunset) photography without lots of travelling to and from.

An exact location has not been decided upon - at this point i am merely seeking feedback with a view to getting full quotes and costings.
The idea if i remember would be to drive down Friday night after work, stay over Friday night and Saturday night and drive back Sunday afternoon.

Your thoughts would be welcome.  

anglefire

I wouldn't be adverse to the idea - and I would be willing to take a few togs from around here (I'm in Shirley in the Midlands).

However, I do have a landrover defender - and it is fairly slow and fairly noisy - but it does seat 12 - not that you can get 12 in and luggage and camera gear! 6 is probably more realistic (I have done 6 to Austria and Ireland for a couple of weeks each!). Mind you it does have a towbar - so a trailer is also a possible!!

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

picsfor

But surely that's the fun of it - 'muddling along"?
I have a Vectra that will seat 5 if all built like Eileen and Sandy or 4 if built like me!

Any weekends that you can not make?

irv_b

I wouldn't be adverse to this idea. My wife's sister lives in Helston not far from St Ives, so I could drop her off there and kill two birds with one stone (so to speak ;D). I could even get her to find accommodation in that area if people want?
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

picsfor

Keith (Krennon) also has family down there some where as well - not quite as far down. Keith hasn't indicated if he's interested or could make it as yet.

But the offer could be very useful. Will speak to you at Hyde Park when we have a bit more idea on how viable this idea is.
Will also need dates of availability.

anglefire

I definately can't make the 17th April - cos I'm doing results and some pics (I hope!) for This
Website needs updating - hopefully soon!

The preceeding weeks are also busy (And easter is in the way, which may make it busier) but the last weekend looks OK at the moment!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

picsfor

yes, that looks like fun.

Haven't shot rally racing since the first marriage (first wife and her bro were a team) when i discovered that an A1+power grip could dispose of a 36 exp film in under 6 seconds!
Thank god i had 3 bodies all with film in and lens attached to cover for those mistakes!

So Irv - how are you fixed for the last weekend of April?

Eileen

I'm potentially in for this. Can't ay for definite yet as I have a few other things going on and note sure when I'll be free in April. I should be able to let you know one way or another by the time we get to Speakers' Corner.

Thanks very much for arranging these get-togethers Andrew. You're a star!  :beer: :fworks3:

picsfor

More than welcome Eileen - it's if it comes off that it all becomes worth it.

irv_b

The last weekend in April should be fine for me also can't think of any plans at the moment  :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Sandy

April is fairly clear at the moment and I would love a chance at getting a sunset

Sandy

picsfor

Well, looks like i better fix a date for this so every one can synch their calenders for the trip.
Also need to consider location as well.

picsfor

OK, so far as i can tell - can i confirm that we are looking for the weekend including 24th and 25th April 2010.

that would involve a trip down to Cornwall Friday evening time (or afternoon if you could get clear from work) on the 23rd April with a 2 night stay and a return on the Sunday 25th April?

minky_monkey

I don`t seem to have anything booked at that time, I`d love to go.

picsfor

OK, this is  bump for this trip.

We need to get some definite numbers so we can set about getting prices and bookings for accommodation.

If you could advise your availability by 12th Feb, then we'll get prices for accommodation and get it booked up.
Transport can be organised once it's all booked up.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.