• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 40
  • Total: 40
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Poll Weekly Competition 16th - 22nd September 2013. "The Tree"

Started by SimonW, September 24, 2013, 09:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

please vote for your favourite tree

Southampton Common
0 (0%)
This Old Tree
6 (28.6%)
Out in the Mist
6 (28.6%)
Tree Island
1 (4.8%)
Fallen Tree
0 (0%)
The Glade
6 (28.6%)
Silver Birch
2 (9.5%)
Sweet Chestnut
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: September 28, 2013, 09:15:40 AM

SimonW

Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

SimonW

Oh Help!!

Poll closed, and I see my"This Old Tree", "Out In The Mist" by Beau Reflets and "The Glade" by Kerbside tying for first place.

First off, thank you to everyone who voted for mine. I really didn't expect it to get anywhere. And congratulations to the joint winners.

Secondly, I guess I win by being first to post. However, I'm very sorry indeed, but I'm afraid I'm just not in a position to set up or administer a challenge for the next couple of weeks. So I hope that as second to post, Andy will accept the winner's duties this time. (If it helps, that was the one I voted for.)

Sorry again, Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: SimonW on September 28, 2013, 10:43:43 AM
Oh Help!!

Poll closed, and I see my"This Old Tree", "Out In The Mist" by Beau Reflets and "The Glade" by Kerbside tying for first place.

First off, thank you to everyone who voted for mine. I really didn't expect it to get anywhere. And congratulations to the joint winners.

Secondly, I guess I win by being first to post. However, I'm very sorry indeed, but I'm afraid I'm just not in a position to set up or administer a challenge for the next couple of weeks. So I hope that as second to post, Andy will accept the winner's duties this time. (If it helps, that was the one I voted for.)

Sorry again, Simon

No worries I was praying someone else would win  ;) but yes I will do the necessary.

Thank you to those who voted for my effort  :tup: :beer:

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Oldboy

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

Congratulations to the three deadheaters!

I'm intrigued by the lighting in Andy's image, it got my vote, it had a real sense of creativity and mystery. Where and how was this taken? Looks very middle eastern to me. Almost the sort of picture you see on a box of dates.

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on September 29, 2013, 07:48:00 AM

I'm intrigued by the lighting in Andy's image, it got my vote, it had a real sense of creativity and mystery. Where and how was this taken? Looks very middle eastern to me. Almost the sort of picture you see on a box of dates.

So, not a chocolate, but a date box picture!

It grabbed me too, the minute I saw it; very North African, edge of desert type shot. Got my vote as well.

Beaux Reflets

Cheers for the votes. I will upload another Cool lit version (which is closer to the light at the time)  The tree grows nearby having been recently dug in on a new development plot, hence the landscape effect with the mist masking the wood of oak and fir beyond. The shot was then simply warmed to give the sense of a hotter locality.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on September 29, 2013, 08:55:13 AM

Cheers for the votes. I will upload another Cool lit version (which is closer to the light at the time)  The tree grows nearby having been recently dug in on a new development plot, hence the landscape effect with the mist masking the wood of oak and fir beyond. The shot was then simply warmed to give the sense of a hotter locality.

Thanks Andy. The things you can do these days! Take 'hot' holiday shots, on a misty and probably cool day.
Mist is very good at hiding ugly stuff, or maybe I should say distracting stuff.

DigiDiva

Well done Simon, Andy and Jeff. Sorry I'm a bit late. Nice entries just lacked in numbers. Thanks to whoever voted for me, much appreciated. I really liked my photo this time, might actually print one and frame it which I never do!
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.