• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 25
  • Total: 25
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Weekly Comp- DEAD THINGS - CHAT thread

Started by Jediboy, August 11, 2018, 10:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

CHAT Thread

This week's challenge is DEAD THINGS.

If its dead, its in play. A tree, a plant, an animal. This is the complete opposite of last weeks competition.  Anything at all that is DEAD!
Enjoy!

No restrictions whatsoever on PP work.

Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday 19th August 2018, 23:59, but if you find yourself at a loss in this time period, please enter something from your personal archives.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59 Monday 20th August 2018.
Poll will be up Tuesday 21st August2018.

Winner to be announced Saturday 25th August 2018

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Jediboy

Hopefully this isn't too morbid, thought it was an interesting contrast to last weeks competition.

Chris

Hinfrance

Better than half dead, fatally wounded or barely alive things :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Hmm - I`ve got a dead mouse in a trap shot that got me into a lot of trouble on a Facebook group  :P. I did it as  a lead in to challenge some pretty inappropriate shots of street beggars that had annoyed me . Suffice to say the poor taste beggar shots seemed to them to be  far more palatable to them  and  in less bad taste. Not sure how far to go on here with this theme as i don`t want to offend here. :-\

Hinfrance

Doesn't have to be a dead animal Paul, if that makes you feel uncomfortable. Plenty of dead trees about, and we've got a couple of dead cars in the woods nearby. :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

A car - now can an inanimate object really be dead  ???

Jediboy

I guess if it doesn't work anymore its 'dead.'
At this rate I'll be dead before the end of the weekend, I have just broken the vacuum cleaner by getting a sock stuck in the pipe. If I don't get it out I'll be dead!!

Chris

Hinfrance

Had to go for an archive shot - tried with some dead sunflowers, but the images were just too lacking in dynamic range - too dull. Then I tried some seashells, but again they looked rather naff to me, so End of the Rose it is:

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Jediboy

Just been discussing this weeks theme with the wife. She said that I could take a photo of our marriage as thats dead. And this is after I bought a new hose for the Vac!!!

Chris

jinky

Quote from: Jediboy on August 19, 2018, 08:33:49 PM
Just been discussing this weeks theme with the wife. She said that I could take a photo of our marriage as thats dead. And this is after I bought a new hose for the Vac!!!

Harsh !  ;D

Jediboy

My thoughts exactly!!
Maybe she is trying to tell me something.

Quote from: jinky on August 19, 2018, 09:14:44 PM
Quote from: Jediboy on August 19, 2018, 08:33:49 PM

Harsh !  ;D

Chris

Jediboy

My entry is a bit on the macabre side. I do hope that it does not cause offence to anyone, as thats certainly not my aim.

Chris

Jediboy

Ah, I appear to have made a faux pas. I have put my photo in the chat thread but not in the entry thread.  :doh:

Chris

jinky

Stick it in the entries quickly - for me. I`ve just voted unfortunately but before another one is cast. I`m sure no one would mind.

Jediboy

If I'm honest I did consider putting it in the poll, but then read the rules again and didn't want to break them. I must have been distracted by something.
Thanks though.

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.